Re: [F1] USF1 fan club

Message par Rus-Evo le Mer Nov 25, 2009 8:54 am

I register as a member of this fan club
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par farseer le Mer Nov 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Here is to hoping they surprise everyone. (although I have to split my loyalties with Brawn, sorry Mercedes.
farseer
farseer

Message par Mekola le Jeu Nov 26, 2009 4:53 am

If López will be in, I'll lurking here.
Mekola
Mekola

Message par farseer le Jeu Nov 26, 2009 12:37 pm

As more times goes on his signing? is growing on me.
farseer
farseer

Message par Sennamacher le Lun Déc 07, 2009 1:20 am

As an American I feel obligated to become a fan... mostly just because I'm really hoping it will generate a lot more interest in F1 here in the US. Here at least there's just not enough interest and I find that really sad.

Good luck to USF1!
Sennamacher
Sennamacher

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur https://www.facebook.com/metalvaltiel

Message par Zonked le Lun Déc 07, 2009 1:22 am

I am astonished they still havent got there website up and running.
Zonked
Zonked

Message par Sennamacher le Lun Déc 07, 2009 1:26 am

Me too... I really hope it's just because they're focusing on more important things Rolling Eyes
Sennamacher
Sennamacher

Message par f1-cobra le Jeu Déc 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Advanced Composites Group sign long term supply deal with USF1.

http://www.advanced-composites.co.uk/newsmain.html

With strong backing and a solid team to enable it to meet the challenges of building a new car in an extremely short timeline, US F1 Team is focused on challenging the world’s best drivers and teams.

Ken Anderson, US F1 Team President, CEO and Team Principal, said: "US F1 Team is pleased to announce ACG as a technical partner in the design and construction of our 2010 Formula One car. The team faces a tremendous challenge to design and produce the first American-based Formula One car in more than 40 years, and ACG's composites expertise will be critical for us to meet our goals and expectations in 2010 and beyond."

ACG’s heritage in Formula One goes back many years; the Group’s philosophy of providing outstanding product development, application-specific, customised products and technical support at all stages of development and manufacture has placed it at the forefront of the motorsport industry.

Adrian Potts, President of ACG Inc, said: “There is an exciting time of change in Formula One racing and this has created the opportunity for new teams to enter the grid. US F1 Team is the sole American entry, and we are proud to support them from our Tulsa facility. I’m confident that the new team has signed up with the very best support and service in the industry, and we will demonstrate that their confidence in us is well placed.”
f1-cobra
f1-cobra

Message par Schumacat le Ven Déc 18, 2009 6:47 am

An insight into the readiness of USF1 for 2010:

USF1 Car

Message par Sennamacher le Ven Déc 18, 2009 7:09 am

Oh no...

Dernière édition par Sennamacher le Ven Déc 18, 2009 7:37 am, édité 1 fois

Message par Schumacat le Ven Déc 18, 2009 7:23 am

I didnt put a smiley so that people would think i'm serious Razz . Now the cat's out of the bag Very Happy .

Message par Sennamacher le Ven Déc 18, 2009 7:37 am

Fixed

Message par f1-cobra le Mer Jan 20, 2010 5:44 am

USF1 Blog
Scott Bennett - January 18, 2010

Scott Bennett is one of US F1 Team's senior designers. A graduate of Automotive Engineering from Loughborough University in London, Bennett has worked in auto racing notably with Falcon Cars and G Force, as well as the aviation industry. A native of Denver, Colorado, Bennett also designs a line of furniture which can be seen at housefish.com.

Almost nobody knows it, but this team has come an unbelievably long way since it was first announced on Speed TV 11 months ago. I was at that press conference, and I was one of the first three or four people to start working on the design of the car shortly afterwards, all of us crowded with our computers around a wobbly conference table in a dreary, poorly configured former Nascar shop. I wish I had taken pictures.

A strange quirk of my career is that every vehicle I have ever been involved in designing (including a few Indycars, an off-road trophy truck, and a composite aircraft) have all been clean sheet of paper designs. I don't know what it's like to start with something that already exists and try to refine it.

When we started this car, we started with nothing but fundamentals. The majority of a modern F1 car is tightly defined by the rules, so there isn't scope these days to come out with a Lotus 88 or Tyrrell P34. But there is still a daunting set of basic parameters that you have to define before you can even start designing anything - things like wheelbase, drivetrain configuration, suspension layout, weight distribution. And when you're doing it for the first time, you don't have an in-built knowledge of what's worked in the past. Throw in some major rules changes in each of the last two off-seasons, and there are even more unknowns. On the other hand, knowing that you're facing a lot of unknowns also means you don't think you already know everything. Hubris has dashed far more dreams than humility.

I'm extremely fortunate in that I've been able to do most of the car's layout from day one - I've seen and had a hand in almost every step of its evolution. Primarily I've been responsible for the front and rear suspension, particularly packaging. This has been a huge challenge. F1 cars are small, and we are fitting a lot of stuff into a very tight volume. And we're doing a few things quite differently than they have been done in recent years. I can't give specifics (yet), but we've looked at everything with a fresh perspective, and come up with some different answers. We'll know whether they were the right or wrong answers soon enough, but our car certainly won't be a clone of anything else out there. And did you know that we're the only one of the four new teams designing our own gearbox...?

It sounds like a cliché, but I'm quite literally living the dream here, or at least my dream. For almost as far back as I can remember, I would wake up at 6:00am every other Sunday and watch the F1 race with my dad. He was a huge Lotus fan, so of course I was too. When I was nine years old I watched Nigel Mansell collapse pushing his car across the finish line in Dallas. A year later I watched Senna win his first race, a brilliant drive in the rain at Estoril. I would read all the F1 technical books I could get my hands on, examine die cast F1 cars for hours, and try to draw my own. Where my friends wanted to be astronauts or firemen, I wanted to be Colin Chapman.

I ended up going to Loughborough University in England, to get an Automotive Engineering degree, because I figured that would bring me closer to a spot in F1. During my summers home, I got a data acquisition engineering job with Bradley Motorsports, an Indy Lights team based in my hometown of Denver. But things don't always work out the way we plan, and by the time I was finishing my degree I had collected a nice stack of rejection letters from every existing F1 team (and Lotus Cars, of course).

I came to US F1 through a long association with Ken Anderson. We first worked together at Bradley almost exactly 15 years ago. As things worked out, he got the job to design the original G-Force IRL car just as I was finishing up at school, still wondering what the hell I would do with my life. The day after my last exam at Loughborough, I drove down to Sussex and started working on that car, which won its first race, then the Indy 500, and the IRL championship. Ken and I have worked together off and on ever since.

I had given up on ever getting into Formula 1 around a decade ago. By the time I was 25, I had a good degree from a UK university, I had been involved at a high level on the design of a couple of successful top level racing cars, I had designed racing shock absorbers, and I had written suspension geometry and vehicle simulation software. I still couldn't get so much as an interview with a team. I don't hold a grudge about it. I always felt it was more puzzling than anything else.

Almost as long as I have known him, Ken had talked about his plan to someday build an American F1 team, but I never put much stock in it. It seemed such an utterly impossible task. Until a couple of years ago, anyway, when he somehow managed to finally put all the pieces together. And now here we are, only a handful of weeks away from having our car run its first race. In less than a year we've built a very capable shop, put together the smartest and most talented group of people I've ever had the privilege of working with, and designed what should be a fast, reliable, safe, drivable, and yes, beautiful car.

This team means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, but for me it's literally a dream come true. When those lights go out at the start of our first race, it will be both the end of a long road, and the start of a new one. I can't wait.
f1-cobra
f1-cobra

Message par f1-cobra le Mer Jan 20, 2010 5:47 am

US F1 Team - In Detail: Building a Nose

f1-cobra
f1-cobra