Fallout New Vegas

Page 2 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Message par WebHead le Sam Juin 12, 2010 6:03 am

Yeh, I used to do that to. Pick a fancy level with lots of civilians, play the matrix music in the background, walk into the middle of the square, then pull out a sawed off shotgun. mrgreen

At Rus, I found with the rifles that once you got 100 in the small guns skills, plus 100 skills in stealth, you keep getting the stealth bonus. So one rifle shot plus sneak bonus takes off most of their health, if not a one shot kill, even on the bigger enemies. Then, if swamped, turn and run away, leaving a trail of bottlecap mines behind you. You can even hide, wait for them to get bored, and then sneak up on them again.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par Dave le Sam Juin 12, 2010 6:46 am

WebHead a écrit:Yeh, I used to do that to. Pick a fancy level with lots of civilians, play the matrix music in the background, walk into the middle of the square, then pull out a sawed off shotgun. mrgreen

At Rus, I found with the rifles that once you got 100 in the small guns skills, plus 100 skills in stealth, you keep getting the stealth bonus. So one rifle shot plus sneak bonus takes off most of their health, if not a one shot kill, even on the bigger enemies. Then, if swamped, turn and run away, leaving a trail of bottlecap mines behind you. You can even hide, wait for them to get bored, and then sneak up on them again.

Also with the Broken Steel addon you get an extra 10 experience levels so you can become pretty accurate with guns.

Message par Rus-Evo le Sam Juin 12, 2010 7:42 am

Wow I didnt know guns could be so powerful!!!

Also how does sneak work if they are facing you?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par WebHead le Dim Juin 13, 2010 3:01 am

Not a problem, as long as you don't get close, hence the rifle for long distance. But of course, you can use shotgun at short range if you approach from behind.

Anyway, melee works too as you have discovered. Lots of ways to play that game.

I am looking forward to the harcore realistic mode in New Vegas. Supposedly in that mode you lose tonnes of health and medpacks take time to regenerate your health, plus some other things that make it tougher. Suits a sneaking player like me, makes everything more crucial, etc. Fallout 3 got way too easy once you levelled up enough.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Juin 13, 2010 4:54 am

Well in Fallout 3 you could run up, kill a guy, run back get some water to health up, then run back to get the next guy etc etc. Easy but still tedious!!
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Dim Juin 13, 2010 6:33 am

WebHead a écrit:Not a problem, as long as you don't get close, hence the rifle for long distance. But of course, you can use shotgun at short range if you approach from behind.

Anyway, melee works too as you have discovered. Lots of ways to play that game.

I am looking forward to the harcore realistic mode in New Vegas. Supposedly in that mode you lose tonnes of health and medpacks take time to regenerate your health, plus some other things that make it tougher. Suits a sneaking player like me, makes everything more crucial, etc. Fallout 3 got way too easy once you levelled up enough.

It did, you're right. The Broken Steel baddies did a little bit to alter that but not enough. It was possible to get albino radscorpioned to death if you weren't paying attention.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Juin 13, 2010 7:20 am

I havent played many of these types of games, but sometimes I get the feeling that the earliest parts of the game are the most exciting. This is because there is a sense of exploration (what is round the next corner) type of thing. And you are weak and still learning how the universe works (especially for a noob like me).

But later in the games you are strong, not much worries you. You have seen most of the map and can fast travel past the wilderness. Far less atmospheric then.

But I wouldnt not fast travel if its a game where once an area is cleared by baddies it is cleared for good. Whats the point in running round empty rubble?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Dim Juin 13, 2010 8:25 am

Rus-Evo a écrit:I havent played many of these types of games, but sometimes I get the feeling that the earliest parts of the game are the most exciting. This is because there is a sense of exploration (what is round the next corner) type of thing. And you are weak and still learning how the universe works (especially for a noob like me).

But later in the games you are strong, not much worries you. You have seen most of the map and can fast travel past the wilderness. Far less atmospheric then.

But I wouldnt not fast travel if its a game where once an area is cleared by baddies it is cleared for good. Whats the point in running round empty rubble?

I agree. A lot of the fun of Fallout 3 is the exploration and finding new weapons etc. I have currently got a saved game where I have completed everything including the addons and there's nothing left to explore. Even with my alien blaster thing, it's not much fun now wandering round taking potshots at deathclaws.

What they should have done is made an addon that simply created tons more missions involving all the locations that weren't associated with missions in the first place and focus on newly populated areas such as Tenpenny towers etc. That way it could have doubled its playability shelf-life.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Juin 13, 2010 8:41 am

I completed the game (before I lost the game off my pooter), and I only visited tenpenny towers once. I hadnt done all the missions from the capital wasteland (where the Washington monument was) and hadnt seen half of the north half of the map. I could so play this again.

I should do the right thing and buy Fallout 3 and run through it whilst I wait for New Vegas. One should always buy a game thats good (actually we should buy all games we play). I have made a promise to myself, no more copied games (I only did that once anyways), and no more pirated movies.

Its gonna be a tough transition but the right thing to do.
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par WebHead le Dim Juin 13, 2010 9:35 am

Blah, the new tenants in Tenpenny Tower creep me out, don't much like visiting there anymore.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Juin 13, 2010 12:56 pm

I take it you did the mission to help the mutants get in (rather than the mission to keep them out).
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par WebHead le Dim Juin 13, 2010 1:46 pm

Yes, it was my most profitable venture yet, given that I looted all the dead bodies and stole stuff from every shop, then sold it directly to the ghouls. I turned thousands and thousands of dollars very quickly, and became very rich at that stage in the game, without losing my Karma.

But I never did finish the game. Got to go and hunt down that green tree in the north somewhere, and bring my shotgun to Paradise Falls where I intend to enjoy myself. Then I will complete the main story, which is nearly finished for me. I have a personal rule, I cannot buy new games until I've finished old ones, particularly in the case of sequels. So I will finish it before New Vegas. Only very dull games like Assassin's Creed never get completed, and I don't buy the sequel.

I am a good karma character with liberal splashes of questionable conduct here and there. Whenever I'm about to do something evil, I tell my goody two-shoes companion to stay at my house till I come back. Laughing It's actually a lot of fun to play a neutral.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Juin 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Dang I never got a companion (except useless Dogmeat) until the very end.

I need to play this again!!! Its $60 bucks at Dick Smith Electronics.
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Lun Juin 14, 2010 3:38 am

Rus-Evo a écrit:Dang I never got a companion (except useless Dogmeat) until the very end.

I need to play this again!!! Its $60 bucks at Dick Smith Electronics.

Oh you can get whatshisname, the zombie guy relatively quickly. I left him and dogmeat behind after a while. It's too much hassle keeping dogmeat alive and two legged companions get confused by terrain too easily.

Message par WebHead le Lun Juin 14, 2010 4:24 am

Yeh dogmeat is pretty useless, I only take him when I'm 'patrolling'. Cool

Message par Rus-Evo le Mar Juin 15, 2010 7:27 am

Question 1: How does one play neutral specifically?

Question 2: Are we gonna start New Vegas on Hardcore?

Question 3: That Zombie guy, do you get him near Tenpenny Towers and do you need alot of charisma to get him?

Question 4: Your character is standing 20 metres from my character, neither of us has weapons drawn but we know the other guy has to die......so which one of us is going down? Very Happy
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Lun Juin 28, 2010 4:43 am

1. Don't know. I guess keep an eye on your rating and make sure you kill enough good guys or bad guys to keep in neutral

2. I think that's a good idea

3. No he is in underworld or whatever it's called. In some library or museum. His name is Charon. Google it and you'll find him. You don't need any pre-requisites at all to get him. You just need to go through a conversation with his boss and then go kill some barmaid who pops outside for a ciggie. He is probably the best sidekick actually except for the Shrek guy at the end. Of course he still dances around annoyingly whenever he can't get past a rock or something

4. you and your little dog too. Razz

Message par WebHead le Lun Juin 28, 2010 5:19 am

Playing neutral is the age old "What's in it for me?", with a dose of emotional spontaneity. If an NPC is pissing you off, why not kill them and loot their body? But maybe you really like that Grandma on the hill, and want to listen to her radio station.

Try not to think about whether the action is good or evil. Try to pick the option that makes most sense to you, under the circumstances (post apocalyptic wasteland). Doing this, you will find that your karma will either remain neutral or head in a particular direction, and you might be interested to know if you are naturally a good karma person, or whether you're forcing yourself to be a good karma character.

Ever done a good karma mission, then the character turns around and asks you for more help, and you think "seriously dude, I just wasted a tonne of time for you, fix your own problems." Act out on that emotion. Laughing

And try to be realistic. I give the beggars lots of bottled water in the wastelands, but rarely spare any change for the beggars on the streets here in real life.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Juil 04, 2010 6:08 am

Well I bought Fallout 3 yesterday and am 7 hours in.

Got about 1000 caps, no progress on the main mission, negative karma, and I took down Tenpenny Towers (so I guess I will never know what missions they have).

Also those good guys that take out bad guys are after me.

Need to do some good things to get back up to neutral....I feel bad with the bad karma!!!
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Mar Juil 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Apparently if you blow up Megaton you get a room in Tenpenny towers.

Message par Rus-Evo le Mar Juil 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Dave a écrit:Apparently if you blow up Megaton you get a room in Tenpenny towers.
I didnt blow up Megaton (its my home after all), but I did let the ghouls take over Tenpenny Tower so I still dont know what missions could have come from there.

It turns out that if you are good there are contracts on your head, and if you are bad there are contracts on your head.....you cant get away from it.

I still havent managed to find a companion to work with, not even a robot!!
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Mer Juil 07, 2010 1:47 am

Rus-Evo a écrit:
Dave a écrit:Apparently if you blow up Megaton you get a room in Tenpenny towers.
I didnt blow up Megaton (its my home after all), but I did let the ghouls take over Tenpenny Tower so I still dont know what missions could have come from there.

It turns out that if you are good there are contracts on your head, and if you are bad there are contracts on your head.....you cant get away from it.

I still havent managed to find a companion to work with, not even a robot!!

Go get Charon!

Message par Rus-Evo le Mer Juil 07, 2010 7:32 am

I was thinking of getting Mister Gutsy.

Charon is in the DC ruins right?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Mer Juil 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Rus-Evo a écrit:I was thinking of getting Mister Gutsy.

Charon is in the DC ruins right?

Yeh in a museum or library where underworld is.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Juil 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks, got him. Also I got that Sydney chick but didnt finish her mission (& wont so I keep her as a second companion), so suddenly I have a lot of firepower in the DC ruins.

Also I have taken Webheads idea of doing no fast travel, this makes the game less fake. So now when I need to go to the other side of the map I make sure there are multiple missions to do, and I make sure I am well provisioned, because I cant just fast travel back to trade and sleep.

So Im going to do Cantebury Commons, the Republic of Dave, start of Temple Union and Vault 92 Violin missions all together, and we have Dogmeat now so instead of doing it alone I have three friends lol.

Even on hard mode am I making it too easy for myself?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Page 2 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant