[F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club.

Page 39 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Suivant

[F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club. - Page 39 Empty Re: [F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club.

Message par freddie le Dim Mai 16, 2010 7:08 pm

I honestly thought the Alonso pass was legal after reading Brawn's explanation. Crying or Very sad

I hope Michael storms the field in Turkey! mrgreen The good thing about this is that we are seeing the old Michael back, the ruthless take-no-prisoner driver. The move was fantastic (and would have been very clever if the stewards didn't decide against it)!

Anyway, Merc decides to appeal the penalty Cool

Dernière édition par freddie le Dim Mai 16, 2010 7:32 pm, édité 1 fois (Raison : new tweet update!)

I was just awarded a trophy for laziness. All I need now is for someone to accept it on my behalf.
freddie
freddie

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

[F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club. - Page 39 Empty Re: [F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club.

Message par GUP le Lun Mai 17, 2010 12:29 am

He only needs to be ruthless again, as long as its not against the rulles and in the spirit of competiton and fair play, to find that bit that put him ahead others. And i say Nico does a perfect job to motivate him achieve that. To me MS doesn't look slower in reaction or less skilled than before, as we saw today, but not yet in full attacking mode. They were many moments in the past races, especially Chinese GP where he didn't really seem too bothered to try everything.
GUP
GUP

Message par PURIST le Lun Mai 17, 2010 4:38 am

Psychology is very important in F1 and I agree with GUP. He was uncertain with just about everything at the beginning of the season, but it seems everything is coming back to him slowly but surely. He has improved yet again in Monaco, and I think it will be very interesting in Turkey in two week's time. I think MS has improved enough to be ahead of Nico now, we will see.

Message par PURIST le Lun Mai 17, 2010 4:40 am

BTW, I don't think Schumacher will get his 6th position back. Crying or Very sad

Message par PURIST le Lun Mai 17, 2010 4:42 am

Schumacher talks about his race in Monaco.

"Very disappointing"

"My race today would have been pretty normal without the decisions of the stewards afterwards. The start was interesting, it actually went according to plan. I managed to have a good pull-away but then I was a bit stuck and got caught by Rubens. So I had to wait for the opportunity to overtake, and the team played it brilliantly. The crew was fantastic and thus the pitstop got me infront of him. The result in the very end today, which put me back to position 12 for now, was obviously disappointing for me, and I can fully understand we are appealing the decision. Our understanding was that the "safety car in, track clear" message means back to race - so I went for it and overtook Fernando."

Message par Schuy1 le Lun Mai 17, 2010 4:45 am

PURIST a écrit:BTW, I don't think Schumacher will get his 6th position back. Crying or Very sad

I think he SHOULD get his 6th back AND the FIA Stewards should be FINED for causing the "Green Track Status, Safety Car last lap fiasco" Exclamation

..... until someone wins   EIGHT WDC !!!!
and PLEASE GET WELL SOON SCHUMI  :sad1:
Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par PURIST le Lun Mai 17, 2010 4:51 am

Schuy1 a écrit:
PURIST a écrit:BTW, I don't think Schumacher will get his 6th position back. Crying or Very sad

I think he SHOULD get his 6th back AND the FIA Stewards should be FINED for causing the "Green Track Status, Safety Car last lap fiasco" Exclamation

Laughing

That would something to watch! Very Happy

Message par arizal_adl le Lun Mai 17, 2010 4:58 am

Blimey... Regardless of the result, it was a great drive from schumi. The start was good, eventhough I couldnt believe that Barri got passed him (and rosberg). The result may not show, but we all know schumi, which I doubt is at his best yet, has shown a glimpse of what will come next.
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par arizal_adl le Lun Mai 17, 2010 5:05 am

Schuy1 a écrit:

I dont think schumi will get it back though. A drive thru penalty (if the race was still going on), is irreversible. However, there was one time (the only time I could remember), is when Trulli was given back his position after the incident with Lewis.

What I find it confusing, is while the rule of SC is clear now, the flag rules wasnt. Shouldnt this be considered when they come out with the verdict?
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par freddie le Lun Mai 17, 2010 5:46 am

I'd say, review or revise the rules as necessary, but let him keep the position because the race director decided to show the green flag. Green is go no matter what race or race series we are talking about. It was the green flag that caused the confusion.

I was just awarded a trophy for laziness. All I need now is for someone to accept it on my behalf.
freddie
freddie

Message par PURIST le Lun Mai 17, 2010 8:52 am

Apparently, there is a rule set at the beginning of this year stating that if the race finishes behind safety car, there should be no overtaking. I want to see the rule book to check what exactly is stated there, but it looks like this is a case that doesn't favour Schumi. Mad

Message par cobra le Lun Mai 17, 2010 8:53 am

there is just one thing to say to ferrari, your top driver was out thought, and you know it, and micheal showed quick decision making, and quick reflexes, to out do alonso, and if as you say alonso was coasting to the chequered flag, why did he wheel spin, and try to battle schumacher into lead, face it ferrari , you know youre wrong, and schumi deserves 6th place.
and our schumi is getting better, and nico where were you, BEHIND SCHUMACHER, get used to it, and it was in rosbergs favourite car.
well done schumi, from all of us.

cobra

Message par cobra le Lun Mai 17, 2010 8:55 am

thats the big factor for me, the flags waved were green, which means on with the race.
6th place to schumi if theres any justice.

cobra

Message par PURIST le Lun Mai 17, 2010 8:57 am

I've found a good report on this incident:

Over the Hill: Michael Schumacher Ridiculously Penalised In Monaco

Overtaking under safety car conditions is dangerous and unforgivable, but so is driving side by side down pit lane and that only received a slap on the wrist for the drivers involved. That was a clear breach of the rules, this one isn't quite so clear.

There are many examinations of the rules and their implications in this case, but it seems quite simple. The stewards point to the fact that section 40.13 applies and that “If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.”

In reality, however, section 40.11 applies “When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to call in the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" will be displayed on the timing monitors and the car's orange lights will be extinguished.” This is exactly what happened in Monaco.

From this point on, the following applies “As the safety car is approaching the pit entry the yellow flags and SC boards will be withdrawn and replaced by waved green flags with green lights at the Line. These will be displayed until the last car crosses the Line.” The cars were racing; the race did not end under safety car conditions.

If we are to believe Ferrari’s Stefano Domenicali, the Ferrari drivers were told that the race was finishing under safety car conditions and they couldn’t be overtaken. Why then, did Fernando Alonso accelerate so hard that he lost control of his car? Surely, if he was cruising to the flag, there was no need for such acceleration.

Everything at the track pointed to the race having restarted. The SC boards were in, green flags were being waved and all of the drivers were looking for that final opportunity to pass. Schumacher alone was successful.

Now I want the story from the other side.

Message par cobra le Lun Mai 17, 2010 9:06 am

purist absolutely correct, i just dont know why its taking all this time to see the most obvious points,
1 green flags were waving
2 alonso accelerated so hard he wheel spinned, hardly coasting wouldnt you say.
schumacher did what real racers do, RACE.

cobra

Message par cobra le Lun Mai 17, 2010 9:27 am

on another point, schumi knows exactly where he stands with nico after monaco, when he ruined schumachers fast banker lap, which would have left schumi a very fast on the limit lap, to get up the grid, schumi didnt look impressed with nico.
well bring it on nico, schumis getting his groove back, youve thrown down the gauntlet, and schumacher will oblige, bring it on.
please mercedes get that car right for schumacher, because when hes in a good car, he will do everything to win races, and thats what the f1 crowds want isnt it ? GOOD RACING.

cobra

Message par Rus-Evo le Lun Mai 17, 2010 11:21 am

Are we assuming Nico did it on purpose? Even Schumi has accidentaly done stuff like that before. No need to assume that is Nicos position. I expect better from the Schumi fans!!
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Schumacat le Lun Mai 17, 2010 11:35 am

Rus-Evo a écrit:I expect better from the Schumi fans!!

Come on Rus. We have the right to be hooligans as much as the neighboring fanclubs Laughing .

Message par GUP le Lun Mai 17, 2010 11:36 am

I don't think its was Nico's fault. It just happened and he apologised for that. Most drivers won't give a sh!t if they ruin another one's lap. Its ok to me, let's not allow press convince us of war where it isn't.
GUP
GUP

Message par arizal_adl le Lun Mai 17, 2010 11:36 am

I think the blocking was unintentional.
During the race Nico was going faster and faster after schumi pitted, but webber came out in front of him from the pit in front of him, which slows nico down.. this could be the key why Nico was behind Schumi.

Nico is a good driver, and standing wise, he is better than schumi now. And I think, its Nico who pushes schumi to progress. As much as vettel on webber.

I am not going to dwell too much on the result of Monaco. Schumi did a great drive there. That is all that matters now.
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par cobra le Lun Mai 17, 2010 8:00 pm

if you watch the race before the last sc , you will notice that when the sc came in schumi was leaving nico in the wake of him, and sorry mate but youre wrong , schumi is racing better now, and is the best in mercedes, and he is going to get even better.
and on the question did nico do it on purpose, we can only speculate, but when you see the interview by schumi, i think he knows the truth, with that wry grin on his face.
nico is a good driver, and he likes being top dog at all costs, but schumis getting back into his groove, as the last 2 races have shown, and dont forget schumi was in rosbergs favourite car yesterday, and still beat him, we are just waiting now for mercedes to get that car ready to take on the frontrunners, red bull, mclaren, and ferrari, because if they get the car , schumi will get them the wins.
nico is out for himself, and thats fair enough, but expect the same from schumi now.

cobra

Message par cobra le Lun Mai 17, 2010 8:45 pm

the reason mercedes will get that car improved, is that schumacher will give the engineers so much input, that they will develop that car with schumacher , and it will totally be like it was at ferrari, the ferrari was not the best car when schumi joined them, but about 1 year later, with his car and track input to the engineers, schhumacher got nearly the complete package.
it will be the same at mercedes, schumi and merc will develop a great car for schumacher next year, and then we will start to see the conquering schumacher, blowing everyone away.
schumacher has proved even to the media now hes back, not even one bad word from eddie jordan, just a little bit of praise, which totally shocked me.
people who thought even schumacher could just come back and win races instantly, after the 3 year gap are just silly, it was always going to take at least six races for him to show some form, and now the media will stop this negative attitude, and be more positive, hopefully.

cobra

Message par PURIST le Mar Mai 18, 2010 1:18 am

About MS-NR incident in Monaco qualy, it was just one of those unfortunate incident. It can happen anywhere, but it can happen much more easily in Monaco where the track is so narrow. I'm sure Nico didn't do it on purpose, and I think they have gotten over it by now. Nico seems to be a nice kid.

And, yes, cobra, I'm sure Mercedes will do their best to get the car right for their drivers. Let's look forward to some great work from them!

Message par freddie le Mar Mai 18, 2010 5:44 am

Mercedes haven't filed the appeal.. are they having 2nd thoughts? I hope not, because for once even some of the anti-schumis believe that Michael was robbed of his well-earned 6th place.

freddie
freddie

Message par Schumacat le Mar Mai 18, 2010 6:16 am

freddie a écrit:Mercedes haven't filed the appeal.. are they having 2nd thoughts? I hope not, because for once even some of the anti-schumis believe that Michael was robbed of his well-earned 6th place.

I think it is pretty much useless to file an appeal coz the appeal will be rejected on some technicality without even hearing about the case. Brawn only said he will file an appeal inorder to buy some time. They have 48 hours to file the appeal, but I doubt they will file it. But it would be good if the FIA could atleast clarify the rule about waving green flags if overtaking is not permitted.

Page 39 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Suivant