[F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club.

Page 40 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Re: [F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club.

Message par PURIST le Mar Mai 18, 2010 8:38 am

Hate mail hits Hill after ruling on Schumacher

Damon Hill has received hate mail from Michael Schumacher fans in the wake of his decision which helped to strip the Mercedes driver of his points and relegate him to the back of the field over a final-lap incident during Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.

The 1996 world champion said he would think twice about accepting the FIA's invitation to act as a steward again because he felt "uncomfortable" with the responsibility.

Hill was one of four stewards who deemed the German's pass on Ferrari's Fernando Alonso at the final corner in Monaco to be illegal because it contravened a rule forbidding cars from overtaking if a safety car is deployed on the final lap.

The whole story is turning into an unbelievable saga. Laughing

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par PURIST le Mar Mai 18, 2010 8:44 am

BTW, Mercedes might not appeal against the Monaco decision.

Mercedes may not proceed with Monaco appeal

Mercedes has not decided whether to proceed with its appeal against the Monaco stewards’ decision to penalise Michael Schumacher.

With the German team believing Schumacher was free to pass Fernando Alonso on Sunday, it immediately lodged notification of its intention to appeal the decision to demote him out of the points at the FIA’s Court of Appeal.

The penalty itself, a 20-second time penalty in lieu of a drive-through, is not appealable, but the decision is.

Following the notification, Mercedes has 48 hours to formalise the application to appeal.

"No decision has been taken as yet," a spokeswoman for the Brackley based team said on Monday.

Message par Schuy1 le Mar Mai 18, 2010 10:47 am

As I said in another thread, you'd think the other teams would join / start some sort of "Class Action" (not just Merc GP) - just to get a ruling on this last lap SC rule / "Green Flag" stuff-up fiasco Mad

..... until someone wins   EIGHT WDC !!!!
and PLEASE GET WELL SOON SCHUMI  :sad1:
Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par Schumacat le Mar Mai 18, 2010 11:12 am

Schuy1 a écrit:As I said in another thread, you'd think the other teams would join / start some sort of "Class Action" (not just Merc GP) - just to get a ruling on this last lap SC rule / "Green Flag" stuff-up fiasco Mad

I read somewhere that after the race, all of the teams talked to race control and agreed that Schumi's move was illegal. So it can be assumed that it was only Mercedes that interpreted the rules differently.

Message par Schuy1 le Mar Mai 18, 2010 11:33 am

I was under the impression that RB were "going for it" as well - that is, racing each other to the line?

Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par cobra le Mar Mai 18, 2010 9:34 pm

ive heard that mercedes are dropping the appeal, dont know why, because it was a totally legal race move, never mind though , we all know the true result and placings,
1 schumacher beat alonso to 6th place.
2 schumacher beat rosberg in the race.
3 and mercedes now know they have the right driver signed on, and they will reap the benefits, if they didnt know already, thats schumacher.
on a note about the mercedes car, i think its one of the best looking race cars on the circuit, i just wish it was a top performing machine, but i have no doubts it will be.
this weekend could have been so good for schumi , because he felt he could have got a better qualifying time putting him further up the grid, and the way he performed in the race, he could have got a podium finish, which would have been great.

cobra

Message par cobra le Mar Mai 18, 2010 9:46 pm

what we have learned this weekend is that waved green flags = no racing allowed.

cobra

Message par PURIST le Mar Mai 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Schumacat a écrit:
Schuy1 a écrit:As I said in another thread, you'd think the other teams would join / start some sort of "Class Action" (not just Merc GP) - just to get a ruling on this last lap SC rule / "Green Flag" stuff-up fiasco Mad

I read somewhere that after the race, all of the teams talked to race control and agreed that Schumi's move was illegal. So it can be assumed that it was only Mercedes that interpreted the rules differently.

Of course, all other teams would agree that was illegal move. Laughing

They won't gain anything for agreeing with Mercedes while they might look like rebels by siding with Mercedes.

Maybe this can be regarded as one step too many to try and circumvent the rule. I think it's time to leave this behind and move on. bounce

Message par freddie le Mer Mai 19, 2010 4:24 am

yes, it's sad that the team decided not to push through with the appeal. Maybe they also found something with the proceedings that they can't get 6th place back anyway, I dunno really Shocked

Anyway, it's time to move on from here. Hopefully the car will be more competitive in Turkey as compared in Spain. Michael is slowly but surely getting his groove back and it would be a waste if the car can't keep up with his improvements! Very Happy

ang galing mo Schumacher!

I was just awarded a trophy for laziness. All I need now is for someone to accept it on my behalf.
freddie
freddie

Message par Schuy1 le Mer Mai 19, 2010 5:51 am

Schumi IS IN THE GROOVE NOW !!!

He is again "pushing things to the limit .... always taking an opportunity when one presents itself" .... that's how he got 7 WDC.

He really just did EVERYONE a favour / "took a bullet in Monaco", to get the FIA to talk at their next Work Shop meeting (or whatever they call it) and CLARIFY their wishy washy crap rules about the green flags / last lap SC fiasco Exclamation

I just hope Merc doesn't take 5 years (like Ferrari) to develop a WDC car!

Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par arizal_adl le Mer Mai 19, 2010 7:07 am

I am suprised with the news.. but its done.
Schumi is improving.. that what matters.
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par PURIST le Mer Mai 19, 2010 7:47 am

Schuy1 a écrit:I just hope Merc doesn't take 5 years (like Ferrari) to develop a WDC car!

I just get this feeling that they will be one of the strongest teams next year!

Message par PURIST le Mer Mai 19, 2010 7:48 am

arizal_adl a écrit:I am suprised with the news.. but its done.
Schumi is improving.. that what matters.

Absolutely. Schumi has improved and that's the most important thing. cheers

Message par freddie le Mer Mai 19, 2010 10:30 am

Before we totally move on, I'd like to share this pro-Michael article mrgreen

Moss: I would have done the same as Michael
19 May 2010

Sir Stirling Moss has revealed that, having watched the incident between Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso in Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix, he would have reacted in the same way, had he been in the German's position. The 7-time World Champion was handed a 20-second penalty for overtaking under Safety Car conditions although the Englishman feels that the regulations must be amended.

As the Safety Car returned to the pit lane on the final lap in Monte-Carlo, green flags and lights were displayed around the circuit - meaning, under normal circumstances, that the field had returned to full racing conditions.

However, with the sporting rules stating that no passing is permitted if the Safety Car has been in use on the last lap, former driver Moss is sure that the guideline must be revised before the next race.

"The whole issue hinges on the lights going green and it's a racer's instinct to react to a green light or a green flag," Moss, who clinched victory for Mercedes in the 1955 British Grand Prix, explained to GPUpdate.net on Wednesday morning.

"On top of that, ten teams appeared to have advised their drivers to start racing again. By the letter of the law it was safe to race - really the lights should have stayed yellow and there would have been no confusion."

Furthermore, Sir Stirling believes that Schumacher performed in the correct manner under the circumstances. "I'm sure Michael did the right thing at the time and if I was in the same place I would have some exactly the same thing," he continued, stressing that the rule must be modified to avoid such perplexities in the future:

"The upshot is, the rule needs clarifying for next time in order to prevent confusion and so that drivers and teams are clear on what they can or cannot do under those circumstances."

GPUpdate.net is also pleased to report that Sir Stirling continues to make a rapid recovery from his shocking domestic accident in March and is now able to walk unaided, barely ten weeks later.

Lee McKenzie interviews Michael after the race. Schumi with a nice smile knowing he got one from Alonso. Sadly, the decision of the stewards went against Schu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwB7d5aWLlI

ang galing mo Schumacher!

I was just awarded a trophy for laziness. All I need now is for someone to accept it on my behalf.
freddie
freddie

Message par PURIST le Mer Mai 19, 2010 10:54 am

Michael wishes for Germany to be in the final

"The football-worldcup is about to be in everybody's mind, and as millions of other football-fans I am really looking forward to it. I will certainly, as millions of other football-fans, cross fingers for our team and hope they will make it into the final. Sure, the competition is tough and I reckon Brazil and Spain to be very strong too. That's why I think if we make it into the finals we have achieved a lot already. But then, once we are there anyway, we obviously would like to win it...! I want the fourth star for germany."

Good luck, Germany, in the World Cup.

Message par PURIST le Mer Mai 19, 2010 10:59 am

Michael Schumacher gets his share of The World

Possibly the most ambitious of Dubai’s land reclamation projects, The World is an archipelago of 300 islands laid out to represent countries of the world.

The first developed island is owned by Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher. The $7 million piece of land was gifted to him by Dubai’s crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and is located in the Arctic (although I’m sure he would have preferred Germany).

There’s various rumours of who owns the other islands, including reports that Rod Stewart spent $33 million to buy mini-Britain.

The entire project is scheduled for completion in 2008, and over in what looks like it might be Spain, we see a boat “spraying” sand to create the island.

-------

http://na-motorsport.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1515

Page 40 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40