[F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club.

Page 40 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

[F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club. - Page 40 Empty Re: [F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club.

Message par arizal_adl le Mer Avr 13, 2011 9:42 am

wow.. I thought it didn't exist
Thanks Cobra
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

[F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club. - Page 40 Empty Re: [F1] Michael Schumacher Fan Club.

Message par PURIST le Mer Avr 13, 2011 10:43 am

That's a great video. Thanks, cobra.

Message par freddie le Mer Avr 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Thank you for the link cobra!!! Great find!!! I actually agree with Brundle when he said that before the start is not one of Michael's strongest part in the race, but this time, he is one of the best starter out there.

I was just awarded a trophy for laziness. All I need now is for someone to accept it on my behalf.
freddie
freddie

Message par Schuy1 le Mer Avr 13, 2011 5:56 pm

They need to FIX that DRS wing !!!! scratch

F1: Mercedes looks for DRS wing fix

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, April 10th 2011, 04:55 GMT

Mercedes GP believes tweaking its rear wing design to make airflow over it more stable will be key to resolving the problems it is having with the Drag Reduction System (DRS).

Both Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher have been hampered in the last two events with DRS issues - where the wing does not return to its ideal downforce-producing performance for corners after it has been opened up on a straight.

Mercedes GP team principal Ross Brawn believed that alterations to the rear wing design for Malaysia had cured the issue – but ongoing problems for his drivers have shown there is more work to do.

Explaining the problem his team is facing, Brawn said: "When you activate the rear wings, when the flap goes up, effectively the flow stalls. It separates off the wing. And when the flap comes back the flow reattaches and the wing works normally.

"We are having some situations where the flap comes back and the flow doesn't reattach immediately, so it takes a little bit of time before the flow reattaches.

"We have made some modifications since Melbourne and it looked okay in most of practice. But then it [the problem] seemed to come back again during qualifying.

"In Michael's case, on his qualifying lap, there were several corners where the flow was unstable, and it happened in Nico's case as well.

"Obviously with the qualifying mode you are operating the RFA [Rear Flap Adjuster] at many points on the track, whereas in the race you are operating it one point on the straight, so it is aggravated when we get into qualifying."

Brawn said he did not yet have an explanation for why the Mercedes GP wing appeared to be so inconsistent – although he suspected that crosswinds could be to blame.

"Separation of rear wings is not a new phenomenon because we all design the rear wings to be at the limit of attachment to get the maximum performance from it.

"We have seen many times that a rear wing will work perfectly okay, but in a crosswind or unstable condition you will get some separation, so we have got this separation going on and that is what caused the difficulties in qualifying.

"We thought we had solved the problem and, if you look at the car here, you will see on the lower wing there is a thing we call the ski ramp. It is an aerodynamic device on the middle of the lower wing to reduce the pressure on the rear wing.

"It has cost us a little bit of performance but we have made the rear wing much more stable, and that is what we have been running here. And up until qualifying we were quite comfortable with it, but we had a reoccurrence in qualifying."

Brawn believes that Mercedes may need to tweak its rear wing to gain less from the straightline speed boost of the DRS.

"That is the balance you are trying to strike," he said. "Obviously our wing has been designed with an evaluation of a huge number of elements, not just downforce/drag. It is stability, it is response rate. All those things are assessed in the windtunnel.

"But you are always trying to push close to the limits, and we are trying to gain as much performance from the wing being activated as we can.

"The gain in straightline speed for our wing is quite substantial but we have this bit of instability. It is not unique. It is not new – but it caught us out at the wrong time here."

..... until someone wins   EIGHT WDC !!!!
and PLEASE GET WELL SOON SCHUMI  :sad1:
Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par cobra le Jeu Avr 14, 2011 1:56 am

glad you guys enjoyed the onboard footage, if i can find it, you will see it.

cobra

Message par cobra le Jeu Avr 14, 2011 11:34 pm

sounds like when the drs is solved, the mercedes could be more competitive as we all hope, great news.

cobra

Message par cobra le Jeu Avr 14, 2011 11:39 pm

now they must also make the front wing flexible, so the car will have more downforce, because red bull use a moving front wing, and fia say its fine, so mercedes should do it, and then lets see how good vettel really is, when his car cant run away from all the others, hes good, but not great.

cobra

Message par cobra le Ven Avr 15, 2011 12:29 am

people are always saying that vettel is a great driver, i think he is good, but when he was challenged, he faltered last year, when he took out his own team mate, and other incidents, his importance to red bull compared to when schumacher was at ferrari, is like this,
adrian newey, front wing, vettel
schumacher, then ferrari, good car
in other words if red bull changed vettel for another driver, it would not stop their dominance, but if schumacher had left ferrari, they would not have been as good, and would not have won most f1 races, which they did do with schumacher.
vettel is in a dominating car, no one can dispute that, so yes he is good, but not great, there is a difference, but the bbc dont half get carried away, with his race displays, dont get me wrong, i think hes a good driver, but i want to see him challenged in races, and see if he could be a great driver, but if he keeps dominating races in that red bull, then how can we.

cobra

Message par arizal_adl le Ven Avr 15, 2011 4:33 am

No offense to schumi. But what Vettel is doing is exactly what Schumi did before.

I don't believe it 'downgrading' other drivers to make my favorite driver 'higher'.

But to say Vettel is good only because of the car, we are simply ignoring the fact how hard it is to do a perfect weekend, pole + win race. If it is easy, Webber would have done it as many times as Vettel did. In order for you to be good, you need a good car. Just look at schumi now, he is good, but look at the car.

Schumi did that before. So, we should appreciate whoever manage to do it.

But I have no doubt, with RBR, schumi could do the same, if not better.
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par PURIST le Ven Avr 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Schumacher 0.2 s behind his teammate. I hope he beats his teammate this time. Qualifying will be important.

Message par PURIST le Sam Avr 16, 2011 9:19 am

Michael made a mistake at the hairpin and got eliminated in Q2. There's no excuse, it was his mistake. However, he's showing pretty solid pace this year, so I guess there are still reasons for optimism. His bad luck in China just continues on... well.... at least until tomorrow morning! mrgreen

Message par freddie le Sam Avr 16, 2011 9:20 am

P14!! It's getting worst in each race Sad

I was just awarded a trophy for laziness. All I need now is for someone to accept it on my behalf.
freddie
freddie

Message par Schumacat le Sam Avr 16, 2011 9:21 am

Yeah he screwed up today. Happens to everyone. But with him doing so badly, the knives will be out again for him. He hasn't made it to Q3 yet this season right ? That is too bad coz the car certainly has the one lap pace to be in the top 10, except for Australia where there were problems heating up the tyres.

Message par arizal_adl le Sam Avr 16, 2011 9:37 am

At least he save some good tyres for tomorrow which could be useful.
I realize he was operating DRS using a lever or something. I thought Merc is using foot operated type.
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par cobra le Sam Avr 16, 2011 9:53 am

that hairpin has caught out most drivers the last few days, it was unlucky that petrovs car caused all that commotion, because schumachers pace was catching rosberg coming into the hairpin, but the car let go, it happens, i expect schumacher with his 1. 35 pace to cut through most in front of him, like a knife through butter, he could have been in 4th place on the grid, going by his best time this week, so could be a good race yet, i never count him out.
di resta buemi and algy, are in false positions and will fall back.

cobra

Message par freddie le Sam Avr 16, 2011 9:55 am

Really? I thought the lever thing was for brake balance?

It's going to be a long day tomorrow...

-------

http://www.nextgen-forum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=3246

freddie
freddie

Page 40 sur 40 Précédent  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40