Civilisation 5

Page 3 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant

Civilisation 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Civilisation 5

Message par Dave le Sam Mar 12, 2011 6:45 pm

No I was getting carried away, building armies. I don't mind losing but the hopeless debrief is annoying. It was very thorough in previous civs.

Perhaps the most annoying feature is how computer players cheat when building wonders. So often, you're about 3 turns from completing one and a computer player builds it before you. I even loaded a game a number of turns earlier, set the city on production bias so the wonder would be finished before the computer player and it still built it three turns before me. Cheat!

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par Rus-Evo le Sam Mar 12, 2011 9:55 pm

By the way, did you click to play on to see how your invasion would have gone?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Dim Mar 13, 2011 2:19 am

Rus-Evo a écrit:By the way, did you click to play on to see how your invasion would have gone?

No I didn't. That's actually another feature that is a little weak. It's very predictable how wars progress. If you build up a force capable of withstanding an initial attack, you will almost always win. The computer players don't seem to be able to maintain an army for more than a few turns. They also give away way too many cities when bargaining for peace. I was playing earlier today and my neighbour (Napoleon) had a massive army. Almost all of his squares were taken up with troops. He declared war on me and I had an army about a third of the size of his but, after a long war I defeated him. They will surround a city and it looks like it's doomed but as soon as they take damage they withdraw even though they could easily take the city.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Mar 13, 2011 3:48 am

Yeah I agree, if you can withstand that initial attack, they wont be back with the next wave for a while. So if I have forts, ranged weapons behind them and reserve troops to just swap with injured fort holders.........you just let them punch themselves out (even if their army looks huge).

Also once they come from one direction they seem to always come through there again, so I move troops from the border they dont like, to where they do like.

Whats your highest city strength? I got one up to 118 the other day.

Well Im off to play a two player game right now.

Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Dim Mar 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Believe it or not, I don't think I have ever even built city walls. Looking at my current game, I have a city with 87 strength but that was one I nicked off Washington.

Despite its many faults, I haven't played a game with the 'just one more turn' addictive qualities as this, probably since I had the original Civ and Railroad Tycoon on the Amiga.

Message par Dave le Sam Avr 09, 2011 11:22 am

I got 123 city strength last week but it was a city state I invaded early in the game.

Which leader do you play, Rus? It makes such a massive difference. The additional culture Napoleon gets seems to make playing the French much more advantageous than any other civ. The wonder building bonus Ramesses gets is good too. I have played Elizabeth a few times but have struggled. +2 naval movement isn't much of a benefit. Would be more realistic to have a trading bonus or marines or something. I don't even bother with Bismark or most of the others because their bonuses are crap.
Dave
Dave

Message par Rus-Evo le Sam Avr 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Well I am playing Civ5 2 player about twice a week at the momen, single player less often.

I was a Gandhi nut due to the ability to expand with lesser happiness penalties (my natural tendancy is to grow and grow).

But now I am trying Napolean due to the culture.......but I always ruin it by growing!!

I was wondering this morning which Civ nation I should play next.

Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Sam Avr 09, 2011 11:07 pm

I just tried Elizabeth again and couldn't keep up on Emperor level. Last week I played Napoleon on Emperor and thrashed them all. Mind you I was stuck on a smallish island this time round.

Message par Rus-Evo le Dim Avr 10, 2011 2:16 am

Do you play quick small games?

Ive only tried epic, marathon and huge maps!!
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Dim Avr 10, 2011 2:43 am

Rus-Evo a écrit:Do you play quick small games?

Ive only tried epic, marathon and huge maps!!

Never short games - been playing epic mostly. Marathon is a little too long for me. I play large maps but maybe huge would be a better choice for my gameplay style. I hate having close neighbours because, realistically, the only way to succeed is to kick their butts and it's such a slow process early in the game. I normally wait until I have cannons and muskets until I go butt kicking. I once tried taking on a neighbour early in the game and the war lasted centuries.
Dave
Dave

Message par Dave le Ven Avr 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Been playing on a huge map, with time and domination being the only victory conditions. Playing on epic setting and it's a looooooong game.

The trouble is, it's got to the stage now where there's two super-powers: me(French) and Ramesses. I was ahead for most of the game then he just nuked his neighbours over and over again and took over about 20 cities in the space of about 10 turns.

The only way I can catch up is constant war with my neighbours. I can't realistically invade the Egyptians because he's on the other side of the map, across an ocean. I've been nuked about 10 times but am pretty much unstoppable on my own landmass. Currently I am about 100 points behind him with about 100 years left. Think I am gonna lose but it's been interesting.

On another point, the death robot thing is awesome!

There should be city revolts like in previous civs. In reality, if you were invaded by a nuke firing lunatic, there'd be lots of resistance after invasion.
Dave
Dave

Message par Rus-Evo le Ven Avr 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Ah yes, the partizans, that kept an army around a city to mop up.......that was Civ 2 I beleive.

Played Civ 1 on the Amiga? I have!!

Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Rus-Evo le Ven Avr 15, 2011 2:55 pm

In my current single player game I am bordering a city state that has taken over 2 Civ cities........and its going for its third.Shocked I am wondering how that is going to turn out!! I wonder if city states just puppet or if they annex enemy cities?

Also I was staying small to go for a cultural victory, but then the stupid Aztecs used a great artist to culture bomb away my only iron!! The also were taking out my allies the USA, so I built up, took a few cities and restored the USAs cities to him to keep up the balance of power, but now cultural victory is out the window!!

Would you ever retore cities to an ally? I dont have the happiness to keep all the cities I am capable of taking.
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Rus-Evo le Ven Avr 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Do you hate not having the SDI or nano-killer things for nuke defence?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Ven Avr 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Rus-Evo a écrit:In my current single player game I am bordering a city state that has taken over 2 Civ cities........and its going for its third.Shocked I am wondering how that is going to turn out!! I wonder if city states just puppet or if they annex enemy cities?

Also I was staying small to go for a cultural victory, but then the stupid Aztecs used a great artist to culture bomb away my only iron!! The also were taking out my allies the USA, so I built up, took a few cities and restored the USAs cities to him to keep up the balance of power, but now cultural victory is out the window!!

Would you ever retore cities to an ally? I dont have the happiness to keep all the cities I am capable of taking.

You can tell if they've annexed or not - you can see the little puppet icon above the name if it's a puppet state. You can expand and still win a cultural victory - you just have to keep building cultural buildings. I have never tried to win as a 'small' empire: the computer players are too unpredictable. I always need enough cities to be able to build a big army very quickly. I am not sure I have ever managed to have an alliance. Nobody ever wants one whenever I ask!

I wasted many hours on the original Civ on my Amiga back when it first came out. I actually played it a few years ago on an emulator. Looks so dated now! I also played the original Railroad Tycoon for far too many hours. That was just as addictive but, unlike Civ, the sequels were all a bit disappointing.
Dave
Dave

Message par Rus-Evo le Sam Avr 23, 2011 1:28 am

Dave a écrit:You can expand and still win a cultural victory - you just have to keep building cultural buildings. I have never tried to win as a 'small' empire: the computer players are too unpredictable. I always need enough cities to be able to build a big army very quickly.
But a big empire makes the culture cost too hard to get. You need to be big enough to get the knowledge to get the techs for culture, but just have a few large cities to build them. You can still defend yourself if you fortify the borders intelligently like there is no tomorrow. I am trying this currently and my whole civ is easily visible on just one screen.

Also on multiplayer we have given up on big maps with many civs as it gets unplayable and crashy. We are starting on smaller maps with fewer civs and are just ramping it up bit by bit.
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Rus-Evo le Sam Avr 23, 2011 1:30 am

Oh have you noticed the barbarians getting harder?

Now it seems like EVERY emcampment I approach spits out one or two units as soon as I am about 1 hex away. This often leads to my unit dissapearing immediately from enemies that basically spawn next to it.

This never happened before and makes the early game tougher.
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Sam Avr 23, 2011 9:29 am

Yes I have. Must be something they did in an update. I originally thought I must have turned on rampaging barbarians. I find it a bit annoying to be honest.

Message par Rus-Evo le Jeu Mai 12, 2011 10:12 am

Ive played 236 hours apparently.
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Dave le Jeu Mai 12, 2011 3:32 pm

243 here. Not played it for a while though!

Message par Rus-Evo le Jeu Mai 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Ill catch ya easy!!

But Im waylayed by Portal 2 right now!!
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par WebHead le Ven Mai 13, 2011 4:25 am

I finished the coop with a mate. Lots of fun. Haven't tackled single player yet. never finished the original either.

Message par Rus-Evo le Ven Mai 13, 2011 8:23 am

Is the Co-op good?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par WebHead le Ven Mai 13, 2011 8:28 am

Co-op was very very good. If the PSN wasn't down I could play coop with you even though you are on PC, as long as you are with steam. Cool

But I'd know all the answers so it wouldn't be as much fun (for me).

Message par Rus-Evo le Jeu Aoû 18, 2011 2:00 am

About to hit my 300 hour anniversary lols
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Page 3 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant