Nico Rosberg....

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by KoKiNa on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:11 pm

^^Agree. We'll see one or two Schummy wins this year for sure...
KoKiNa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MihaiVIP on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:32 pm

It's unfair to criticize someone who's driven a midfield car his whole career, like Rosberg has, that's all I have to say. It's one thing to talk smack on someone in a top team who is underperforming, and finishing off the podium while his teammate is winning races. You can't say so-and-so is not a top driver because he hasn't won a single race, yet he's been driving a midfield car that hasn't been capable of winning all his career. To me, this is a very retarded argument tbh. I always see comments like "Forget Rosberg, how can they compare him to Schumi when he hasn't even won a single race yet?" Well, how many has Schumi won with the same car?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:Rewriting history? Laughing

MGP first took over Brawn and hired Rosberg, then MS comeback came on the way.

no no no

Mercedes only got involved because of schumacher, thats why they released the new world champion jenson button on the same day as the takeover announcement because they already knew schumacher was on the way

and Schumacher said that he was talking to Ross Brawn in november who informed him that mercedes would be involved (indicating that the conversation was before the buyout since schumacher probably would know about it if it was public knowledge)

to be fair to rosberg he had options coming off a good 2009 so he wouldnt definately be driving for this team i mercedes didnt buy it

Well, contracts with Brawn and Rosberg were made way before MS - fact.

Talks, well, talks between Mercedes and Brawn presumably started in Spring and with Rosberg in summer - way before November. You are arguing unreasonably (hint, hint, Laughing ). Razz Razz

oh yeah baby i have some evidence to go along with common sense

"I know that Michael spoke with Dieter Zetsche and Norbert Haug at the season’s finale in Abu Dhabi" Weber

So lets put that into the timeline

Oct 29-Nov 1: Schumacher meets with Zetsche and Haug at Abu Dhabi
Nov 16: Mercedes buys Brawn GP, Button goes to Mclaren
Nov 20: Eddie Jordan correctly predicts Schumacher will drive for Mercedes
Late Dec: Schumacher announced to drive in 2010 for Mercedes

now i think the meeting at Abu Dhabi wasnt about why all the gridgirls were all covered up, it was the meeting that Mercedes and schumacher at least verbally agreed to come together in 2010

rosberg if you recall wouldnt sign with brawn without mercedes and he did so in mid nov supporting my claim that mercedes only made the decision after schumacher was on board

the reason for delaying the schumacher announcement was because he needed release from the ferrari consultancy contract, and it took a while before montezemelo realised his desperate 3 car plan to retain schumacher would never be approved

so i win this argument
Rodzilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nav on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Cool story bro. But in the end, Rosberg seems to have gained more than Schumi, as he's beaten him for the past two seasons and grabbed the 1st Merc victory in decades.

I sincerely hope MS can challenge Rosberg pacewise this season but I can't see it. At least, not consistently.

nav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paolo_Lasardi on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Rodzilla wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:

no no no

Mercedes only got involved because of schumacher, thats why they released the new world champion jenson button on the same day as the takeover announcement because they already knew schumacher was on the way

and Schumacher said that he was talking to Ross Brawn in november who informed him that mercedes would be involved (indicating that the conversation was before the buyout since schumacher probably would know about it if it was public knowledge)

to be fair to rosberg he had options coming off a good 2009 so he wouldnt definately be driving for this team i mercedes didnt buy it

Talks, well, talks between Mercedes and Brawn presumably started in Spring and with Rosberg in summer - way before November. You are arguing unreasonably (hint, hint, Laughing ). Razz Razz

oh yeah baby i have some evidence to along with common sense

"I know that Michael spoke with Dieter Zetsche and Norbert Haug at the season’s finale in Abu Dhabi" Weber

now i think the meeting at Abu Dhabi wasnt about why all the gridgirls were all covered up, it was the meeting that Mercedes and schumacher at least verbally agreed to come together in 2010

rosberg if you recall wouldnt sign with brawn without mercedes and he did so in mid nov supporting my claim that mercedes only made the decision after schumacher was on board

the reason for delaying the schumacher announcement was because he needed release from the ferrari consultancy contract, and it took a while before montezemelo realised his desperate 3 car plan to retain schumacher would never be approved

so i win this argument

Would you please either list all meetings of the involved people that were said to have taken place by third persons as well as list all predictions of former F1 figures about Brawn, Mercedes, Rosberg and MS?
Or we stay with the facts:

First: MGP buys Brawn
Second: MGP signs Rosberg
Much later: MGP signs Schumacher.

I have read now how things have been in your dreams, but please do not confuse your speculation with facts, okay? Wink

Paolo_Lasardi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightmas on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:56 pm

6 competitive sessions so far, Michael has beaten Nico in 3 (would be 4 if not for Australia problem) of them......
lightmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paolo_Lasardi on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 pm

lightmas wrote:6 competitive sessions so far, Michael has beaten Nico in 3 (would be 4 if not for Australia problem) of them......

And how is that relation with Webber and Vettel? And what conclusions do you draw from both results?

Paolo_Lasardi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Eddie Jordan prediction on Nov 20 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8368107.stm

Schumachers manager admits to schumi-merc abu dhabi meeting in a direct quote
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/nov/23/mercedes-brawn-nico-rosberg-schumacher

these are quite clear and not part of my imagination this time, even you have to concede that by mid november and at the purchase announcement schumacher was already in the mercedes pocket

that mercedes would come back into F1 in the financial crisis when everyne was leaving, drop the world champion and then rapidly build a team with Aldo Costa and others for rosberg? im sorry but he isnt that good looking
Rodzilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zing on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:44 pm

- this thread is just like the Titanic .......

Now that Rosberg has a victory - It's not on his own merit.

zing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paolo_Lasardi on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:51 pm

zing wrote:- this thread is just like the Titanic .......

I was just about starting to miss references to wikipedia. At least that was more substantial than references to arbitrary opinion statements and to third persons telling what they ostensibly have heard of ...

Laughing

Paolo_Lasardi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KoKiNa on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:

no no no

so i win this argument

Would you please either list all meetings of the involved people that were said to have taken place by third persons as well as list all predictions of former F1 figures about Brawn, Mercedes, Rosberg and MS?

I have read now how things have been in your dreams, but please do not confuse your speculation with facts, okay? Wink

Car number 3 was given to Nico and lately taken by Schummy when he was signed by the team. Why it wasn't initially reserved to Schummy if it was his desire instead of give it to Nico?.
KoKiNa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:

I was just about starting to miss references to wikipedia. At least that was more substantial than references to arbitrary opinion statements and to third persons telling what they ostensibly have heard of ...

Laughing

maybe you should explain to me a possible situation of how schumachers manager has told the media schumacher met with mercedes when in fact it didnt happen

lol what happened there? how did weber come up with that knowledge if it didnt happen, why would weber make up a story, how would eddie jordan know about the meeting before weber talked about it

you can argue about the contents of the meeting, like that they were meeting to talk about arabian food or that it doesnt amount to mercedes/schumacher agreeing to anything but you cant deny that they didnt meet or that they werent interested in a partnership before christmas

apparently i need a videotape with audio of the subject for paolo to believe anything

No Rosberg won on hs own merit but the motivation for mercedes to get a winning car is all for schumacher, he is in the way
Rodzilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zing on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:

Laughing

Lol ... believe me I don't miss Wikigizer ... Very Happy

Nico perhaps should thank Honda for leaving F1 and having Brawn to buy Mercedes power. I think that arrangement came about because Schumacher called Haug and pursuaded him to plan ahead for his return - all of this of course, while he was still under contract to Ferrari. Sneaky bugger that Schumacher.
zing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rus-Evo on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:23 pm

It doesn't matter when Schumacher signed, the real argument is the effect of his presence. I don't think we should overstate his impact when there is really no evidence of it (to the extent suggested). Schumacher was outclassed for most of the time and has only just gained close to parity.

Therefore if Schumacher is that awesome....... then Nico is too.
Rus-Evo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:28 pm

KoKiNa wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:

no no no

so i win this argument

Car number 3 was given to Nico and lately taken by Schummy when he was signed by the team. Why it wasn't initially reserved to Schummy if it was his desire instead of give it to Nico?.

Who would know that Schumacher would require the team leader number? its a weird need and it is somethng that schumacher requested in january
Rodzilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by esterence on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
lightmas wrote:6 competitive sessions so far, Michael has beaten Nico in 3 (would be 4 if not for Australia problem) of them......

And how is that relation with Webber and Vettel? And what conclusions do you draw from both results?
lighty you are starting to pluck straws
esterence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightmas on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm

esterence wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:

lighty you are starting to pluck straws

I was referring to a post that said something like "I cant see Michael beating Nico, at least not consistently"
lightmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sailqueen on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:33 pm

It's easy not to consider a current driver racing against 6 WDC's that have won 14 championships between them, a "top" driver. Furthermore, Nico has never been a teammate to any of the WDC's in any of the years they have won a championship.

I believe Nico is considered by many in the paddock as a "complete driver package" that has never won a WDC....yet....and may or may not ever.

In the meantime, I will root for him.

Cheers! bois2
Sailqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guesswho's back on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Sailqueen wrote:It's easy not to consider a current driver racing against 6 WDC's that have won 14 championships between them, a "top" driver. Furthermore, Nico has never been a teammate to any of the WDC's in any of the years they have won a championship.

I believe Nico is considered by many in the paddock as a "complete driver package" that has never won a WDC....yet....and may or may not ever.

Cheers! bois2

+9363ot9ugj39ö748ű5

lightmas - Rosberg beat Schu 2 YEARS straight.

EDIT: initially forgot to add: this will be the 3rd. Razz

guesswho's back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zing on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Sailqueen wrote:It's easy not to consider a current driver racing against 6 WDC's that have won 14 championships between them, a "top" driver. Furthermore, Nico has never been a teammate to any of the WDC's in any of the years they have won a championship.

Cheers! bois2

Exactly. Well said.
zing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightmas on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:42 pm

guesswho's back wrote:

Cheers! bois2

+9363ot9ugj39ö748ű5

Yes but MS is on an upward trend!
lightmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:04 am

lightmas wrote:
guesswho's back wrote:

Cheers! bois2

+9363ot9ugj39ö748ű5

Yes but MS is on an upward trend!

Which just changed into deep nosedive...
(since we seem to consider only very latest things happening)

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightmas on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 am

lightmas wrote:Actually in China I think he will deliver, he is pretty good there Smile Just hope he dosent mess it up like in 2010.

Wink
lightmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sailqueen on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:20 am

lightmas wrote:
lightmas wrote:Actually in China I think he will deliver, he is pretty good there Smile Just hope he dosent mess it up like in 2010.

Wink

Why didn't you pick him in the predictions thread Lightmastradamus? :lang:
Sailqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightmas on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 am

Sailqueen wrote:
lightmas wrote:

Wink

Why didn't you pick him in the predictions thread Lightmastradamus? :lang:

Based on FP, Aus and Malaysia race pace Smile (The same reason as everyone else lol)
lightmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum