Nico Rosberg....

Page 2 sur 16 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Suivant

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Message par lightmas le Dim Mar 25, 2012 8:38 am

All I am saying is if Alonso, Lewis, Seb or JB were in that car and had been in Rosberg position for the last 2 years, they would have taken the opportunity an not cracked, which for me is a sign of a true top driver.

I think he can win a race eventually with some luck.
lightmas

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par lightmas le Dim Mar 25, 2012 9:12 am

Actually in China I think he will deliver, he is pretty good there Smile Just hope he dosent mess it up like in 2010.
lightmas

Message par 240ZR le Dim Mar 25, 2012 9:31 am

I rate Nico highly, he's made small mistakes due to pushing too hard... remember, these guys aren't paid to just have fun.

Also, Alonso threw the car off track in Aus as did Massa, Hamo yesterday etc. How many races had button done before his 1st win? & so on. Top tier drivers are the likes of Schumy, Kimi & Alonso. Schumy put the Jordan in 7th first time out, Kimi 6th & Alonso could get the snailed paced Minardi in midfield on many occasions.

240ZR

Message par Paolo_Lasardi le Dim Mar 25, 2012 1:49 pm

I agree that Rosberg disappointed in the first two Q3 and races this season. Nothing less - but also nothing more!

Paolo_Lasardi

Message par lightmas le Dim Mar 25, 2012 7:56 pm

4th competative session in a row Nico was beaten by Schumi!!

On that note, wow the Mercedes sucks in race pace. Its awful.
lightmas

Message par Paolo_Lasardi le Dim Mar 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Well, you can find a lot more in a row where it was the other way round. Wink

Paolo_Lasardi

Message par lightmas le Dim Mar 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Thats all in the past! Michael is back Smile
lightmas

Message par Paolo_Lasardi le Dim Mar 25, 2012 8:07 pm

We will see if you are right in a couple of races. Wink

Edit: Btw, if NR is not a top driver as you claim, then this makes MS performance in the last two years even worse and takes a lot of praise off a new trend of beating him (if there is any).

Paolo_Lasardi

Message par lightmas le Dim Mar 25, 2012 8:27 pm

My post was aimed at Nico not being a top driver at the top, his relative performance has gone down this year. Rosberg has always been pretty solid. This year be is actually under performing compare to Michael who is now reaching the cars limit. Remember towards the end of 2011 Michael really made a step forward and it has continued.

Maybe Rosberg can do a Button and turn into a top driver, he has that potential I think but at the moment, nope.

Alonso and Perez showed today that you can win with a car that is not the best, Rosberg has never even been close really, again a reason why I dont really rate him as a top driver. For sure he can win a race but thats about it.
lightmas

Message par yarik83 le Lun Mar 26, 2012 1:54 am

Thing about rosberg is that he is like sutil. A skilled driver who is not capable of winning. Do I think that he should be in the team? I guess so?! But on the other hand he needs to realize that after many seasons in the sport he should be showing either a sign of progress or be replaced. Competition for F1 is stiff. Many aspiring drivers will rally up large sums of money to get a seat for the team.

I honestly do not think that car is to blame here. F1 cars are identical and Nico just drives to drive at least in my opinion. I rarely see wild passes out of him. He just lingers there in the mid pack. Does that benefit the team? I think not. His lack of performance shines ever so bright when new drivers driving underfunded cars do better than he does.

yarik83

Message par Gary le Lun Mar 26, 2012 2:51 am

Never make any other conclusions from wet races than that some drivers drove well or less well, this time. So that leaves you one race to base your criticism on Nico vs. Michael. A bit early from you people who kept 2 years telling all that Michael will soon get in form...

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary

Message par zing le Lun Mar 26, 2012 3:18 am

Gary a écrit:Never make any other conclusions from wet races than that some drivers drove well or less well, this time. So that leaves you one race to base your criticism on Nico vs. Michael. A bit early from you people who kept 2 years telling all that Michael will soon get in form...

+100
zing

Message par Diehard le Lun Mar 26, 2012 4:24 am

zing a écrit:
Gary a écrit:Never make any other conclusions from wet races than that some drivers drove well or less well, this time. So that leaves you one race to base your criticism on Nico vs. Michael. A bit early from you people who kept 2 years telling all that Michael will soon get in form...

+100
+100
wet races are all about making right calls at right times.some really good drivers got unlucky with crashes with an iota of fault.If you got stuck behind slow cars it is not easy to pass them with spray striking your visor at 250kmph.
Diehard

Message par PURIST le Lun Mar 26, 2012 6:38 am

I don't think that many people said that, to be honest. Smile

I still think it's a bit too early to say anything conclusive about Rosberg's quality as a racing driver. He still needs more time to show what he's got. I don't think he did that bad a job last 2 years, though.

Message par Rodzilla le Lun Mar 26, 2012 7:19 am

this is rosbergs 7th season, how much more time do you need?

i think its pretty easy to see that he is behind the top drivers but easily ahead of the average driver, if this proves that schumacher is also not a top driver anymore then i can live with it

drivers ability will only improve over generations, so if nico rosberg went into a time mahine and replicated schumachers career in the 90's then he probably would have 7 championships to his name, exactly like if you put schumacher into the 70's and 80's he would destroy the field and rack up 10+ titles

Rodzilla

Message par PURIST le Lun Mar 26, 2012 7:43 am

Hasn't he done a decent job in the last 2 years, though? He couldn't win because the car was not good enough. We also had more good drivers than ever in the field over past few years, so I wouldn't blame him for not having won yet.

Message par Rodzilla le Lun Mar 26, 2012 9:17 am

PURIST a écrit:Hasn't he done a decent job in the last 2 years, though? He couldn't win because the car was not good enough. We also had more good drivers than ever in the field over past few years, so I wouldn't blame him for not having won yet.

the decent job he has done is not in question, its if he is in the top tier

i think if alonso, vettel, hamilton etc had his same cars they would have produced more from them and maybe an odd win
Rodzilla

Message par lightmas le Lun Mar 26, 2012 10:51 am

Stop saying its too early, this is Nico`s 7th season and I have seen all other 6, thats enough to form an opinion on him.
lightmas

Message par Gary le Lun Mar 26, 2012 12:21 pm

lightmas a écrit:Stop saying its too early, this is Nico`s 7th season and I have seen all other 6, thats enough to form an opinion on him.

What are you talking about?

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary

Message par Paolo_Lasardi le Lun Mar 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Rodzilla a écrit:this is rosbergs 7th season, how much more time do you need?

i think its pretty easy to see that he is behind the top drivers but easily ahead of the average driver, if this proves that schumacher is also not a top driver anymore then i can live with it

drivers ability will only improve over generations

I most strongly disagree!

, so if nico rosberg went into a time mahine and replicated schumachers career in the 90's then he probably would have 7 championships to his name, exactly like if you put schumacher into the 70's and 80's he would destroy the field and rack up 10+ titles

No, he would have fatally crashed long before achieving this.

Paolo_Lasardi

Message par zing le Lun Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Funny thread. It's like Rosberg has been squandering a good drive over his career. If you have not noticed - he hasn't ever been in a car worthy of a podium ... the present situation is even worse than that - Fast over one laps , dreadfull in a race.
zing

Message par lightmas le Lun Mar 26, 2012 4:01 pm

zing a écrit: Funny thread. It's like Rosberg has been squandering a good drive over his career. If you have not noticed - he hasn't ever been in a car worthy of a podium

Um....again I have made this point too many times, but other drivers can get cars onto a podium when that car isnt worthy.
lightmas

Message par zing le Lun Mar 26, 2012 4:29 pm

lightmas a écrit:
zing a écrit: Funny thread. It's like Rosberg has been squandering a good drive over his career. If you have not noticed - he hasn't ever been in a car worthy of a podium

Um....again I have made this point too many times, but other drivers can get cars onto a podium when that car isnt worthy.

Yes, in extraordinary circumstances. Like olivier Panis winning Monaco - Jensen winning Hungary in a BAR. Kubica in Montreal - Damon Hill in an Arrows.

If you use the last race to support your claims - wake up Lightmas. Perez and Alonso without rain don't have a hope in hell of being on a podium. You would have thought that Button and Hamilton would have lapped the field in that Mclaren ...

It's the same in reverse - Vettel won Monza in Torro Rosso from pole and in the wet - yet even after 2 WDC's some say he's not proven , yet. So from your supposition that Rosberg is not a top driver based on his inability to have achieved a podium ... I guess you are entitled to your opinion.
zing

Message par Rodzilla le Lun Mar 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Paolo_Lasardi a écrit:
Rodzilla a écrit:this is rosbergs 7th season, how much more time do you need?

drivers ability will only improve over generations

I most strongly disagree!

, so if nico rosberg went into a time mahine and replicated schumachers career in the 90's then he probably would have 7 championships to his name, exactly like if you put schumacher into the 70's and 80's he would destroy the field and rack up 10+ titles

No, he would have fatally crashed long before achieving this.

lauda and stewart had no idea who senna was, they still had gentleman driving mentalities and werent always on the limit every corner because they could die

schumacher knew who senna was, he knew that now you needed to be very aggressive to win an f1 race, and also you needed to understand every technical advantage (senna was obsessive about getting all telemetry and testing information)

but schumacher took it to a new level, he raised the bar further with never before seen physical fitness, so 1000% guaranteed even if schumacher went back and drove those cars he would destroy all of them and thats if he has to drive conservatively

it happens in every sport when conditions and professionalism increase the bar gets higher, like the guy who finishes 7th in this years 100m final probably would have won it 20 years ago with his time

now this generation have grown up on computer games and simulation, they have had better support in junior formulas and also have much better support technology with telemetry etc to help them improve, plus they have the knowledge of how schumacher raised the bar
Rodzilla

Message par Rodzilla le Lun Mar 26, 2012 6:18 pm

in saying that this in season testing ban will be a disadvantage for current drivers to what past drivers had
Rodzilla

Page 2 sur 16 Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Suivant