Nico Rosberg....

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by lightmas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:06 pm

zing wrote:
lightmas wrote:
zing wrote: Funny thread. It's like Rosberg has been squandering a good drive over his career. If you have not noticed - he hasn't ever been in a car worthy of a podium

Um....again I have made this point too many times, but other drivers can get cars onto a podium when that car isnt worthy.

Yes, in extraordinary circumstances. Like olivier Panis winning Monaco - Jensen winning Hungary in a BAR. Kubica in Montreal - Damon Hill in an Arrows.

If you use the last race to support your claims - wake up Lightmas. Perez and Alonso without rain don't have a hope in hell of being on a podium. You would have thought that Button and Hamilton would have lapped the field in that Mclaren ...

It's the same in reverse - Vettel won Monza in Torro Rosso from pole and in the wet - yet even after 2 WDC's some say he's not proven , yet. So from your supposition that Rosberg is not a top driver based on his inability to have achieved a podium ... I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Who why hasent Nico won a race in "extraordinary circumstances"?
avatar
lightmas

Messages : 13819
Points : 46845
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Rodzilla on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm

lightmas wrote:
zing wrote:
lightmas wrote:
zing wrote: Funny thread. It's like Rosberg has been squandering a good drive over his career. If you have not noticed - he hasn't ever been in a car worthy of a podium

Um....again I have made this point too many times, but other drivers can get cars onto a podium when that car isnt worthy.

Yes, in extraordinary circumstances. Like olivier Panis winning Monaco - Jensen winning Hungary in a BAR. Kubica in Montreal - Damon Hill in an Arrows.

If you use the last race to support your claims - wake up Lightmas. Perez and Alonso without rain don't have a hope in hell of being on a podium. You would have thought that Button and Hamilton would have lapped the field in that Mclaren ...

It's the same in reverse - Vettel won Monza in Torro Rosso from pole and in the wet - yet even after 2 WDC's some say he's not proven , yet. So from your supposition that Rosberg is not a top driver based on his inability to have achieved a podium ... I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Who why hasent Nico won a race in "extraordinary circumstances"?

because only top drivers win in extraordinary circumstances except kovalainen

kovalainen needed doubleextraordinary circumstances and a top car to win a race

actually kovalainen is a good example of rosbergs career path, he looks good in midfield and crap cars but failed against the best drivers at the next step

avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Rus-Evo on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 pm

lightmas wrote:
Who why hasent Nico won a race in "extraordinary circumstances"?
Because they are rather random in nature.
avatar
Rus-Evo

Messages : 6870
Points : 18908
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by lightmas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Rus-Evo wrote:
lightmas wrote:
Who why hasent Nico won a race in "extraordinary circumstances"?
Because they are rather random in nature.

Thats the whole point really
avatar
lightmas

Messages : 13819
Points : 46845
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by zing on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 pm

It's the same old story - driver's who spend the majority of their time in mid-grid cars are rated low and those in top cars high. Because his career lacks a podium or a win is not evidence that he is not a top driver or capable being one. Now if MS over the past two years had achieved a podium one or twice - I guess we could assume that he's not top 5 for sure ... but that's not the case, is it?
avatar
zing

Messages : 4708
Points : 19012
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Localisation :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by guesswho's back on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:45 pm

IMO Rosberg is 1000X better than Massa, for example... or a few other drivers for that matter, that wasted top seats for way too many years, while others never got the break.

Oh, and he has 5 podiums. Wink One in a crappy Williams while serving a drivethrough.
Some will say it was by circumstance... sure Rolling Eyes
While same persons would hail Perez as the next best thing.





PFffffffffffffffT

_________________
always remember that you are unique
just like everyone else
avatar
guesswho's back

Messages : 3804
Points : 13861
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by lightmas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Being a top driver and being capable of being a top driver are different things.
avatar
lightmas

Messages : 13819
Points : 46845
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by guesswho's back on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Sure.
So, it also means that not every top driver makes it into a top car and not all the drivers in the top cars are top drivers, isn't it?

_________________
always remember that you are unique
just like everyone else
avatar
guesswho's back

Messages : 3804
Points : 13861
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by lightmas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 pm

guesswho's back wrote:Sure.
So, it also means that not every top driver makes it into a top car and not all the drivers in the top cars are top drivers, isn't it?

Yes
avatar
lightmas

Messages : 13819
Points : 46845
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by guesswho's back on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 pm

agreed

_________________
always remember that you are unique
just like everyone else
avatar
guesswho's back

Messages : 3804
Points : 13861
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Gary on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 pm

lightmas wrote:
zing wrote:
lightmas wrote:
zing wrote: Funny thread. It's like Rosberg has been squandering a good drive over his career. If you have not noticed - he hasn't ever been in a car worthy of a podium

Um....again I have made this point too many times, but other drivers can get cars onto a podium when that car isnt worthy.

Yes, in extraordinary circumstances. Like olivier Panis winning Monaco - Jensen winning Hungary in a BAR. Kubica in Montreal - Damon Hill in an Arrows.

If you use the last race to support your claims - wake up Lightmas. Perez and Alonso without rain don't have a hope in hell of being on a podium. You would have thought that Button and Hamilton would have lapped the field in that Mclaren ...

It's the same in reverse - Vettel won Monza in Torro Rosso from pole and in the wet - yet even after 2 WDC's some say he's not proven , yet. So from your supposition that Rosberg is not a top driver based on his inability to have achieved a podium ... I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Who why hasent Nico won a race in "extraordinary circumstances"?

Fernando claimed that win for himself, even though his team mate drove on wall on purpose.



Twisted Evil

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by zing on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:14 pm

hahahahaha Gary good one !!!!!!
avatar
zing

Messages : 4708
Points : 19012
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Localisation :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Paolo_Lasardi on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:57 pm

guesswho's back wrote:IMO Rosberg is 1000X better than Massa, for example... or a few other drivers for that matter, that wasted top seats for way too many years, while others never got the break.

Oh, and he has 5 podiums. Wink One in a crappy Williams while serving a drivethrough.
Some will say it was by circumstance... sure Rolling Eyes
While same persons would hail Perez as the next best thing.





PFffffffffffffffT

Laughing

True.

And ne certainly spun a lot less than Massa although the latter was driving top cars most of his career ...

_________________
The best Grand Prix Drivers ever: Tazio Nuvolari & Rudolf Carraciola!

Paolo_Lasardi

Messages : 2814
Points : 11204
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Paolo_Lasardi on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:03 am

Rodzilla wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:this is rosbergs 7th season, how much more time do you need?

i think its pretty easy to see that he is behind the top drivers but easily ahead of the average driver, if this proves that schumacher is also not a top driver anymore then i can live with it

drivers ability will only improve over generations

I most strongly disagree!

, so if nico rosberg went into a time mahine and replicated schumachers career in the 90's then he probably would have 7 championships to his name, exactly like if you put schumacher into the 70's and 80's he would destroy the field and rack up 10+ titles

No, he would have fatally crashed long before achieving this.




lauda and stewart had no idea who senna was, they still had gentleman driving mentalities and werent always on the limit every corner because they could die

schumacher knew who senna was, he knew that now you needed to be very aggressive to win an f1 race, and also you needed to understand every technical advantage (senna was obsessive about getting all telemetry and testing information)

but schumacher took it to a new level, he raised the bar further with never before seen physical fitness, so 1000% guaranteed even if schumacher went back and drove those cars he would destroy all of them and thats if he has to drive conservatively

it happens in every sport when conditions and professionalism increase the bar gets higher, like the guy who finishes 7th in this years 100m final probably would have won it 20 years ago with his time

now this generation have grown up on computer games and simulation, they have had better support in junior formulas and also have much better support technology with telemetry etc to help them improve, plus they have the knowledge of how schumacher raised the bar

Well, if you adjust MS to the time's circumstances (driving less dangerously), than you have to adjust Stewart, Clark and others, too, i.e. they would be up to MS fitness levels and technical depth if they had been driven in the 1990s/2000s. Wink

IMO, the top talent of each generation would have risen to the top in every other generation, too. And there is no way in saying that any generation is fundamentally better than the other one.

My signature is meant to hint at the faulty character of superiority claims, be they 'in former times drivers were better' or 'nowadays drivers are better'.

Cool

_________________
The best Grand Prix Drivers ever: Tazio Nuvolari & Rudolf Carraciola!

Paolo_Lasardi

Messages : 2814
Points : 11204
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Rodzilla on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:this is rosbergs 7th season, how much more time do you need?

i think its pretty easy to see that he is behind the top drivers but easily ahead of the average driver, if this proves that schumacher is also not a top driver anymore then i can live with it

drivers ability will only improve over generations

I most strongly disagree!

, so if nico rosberg went into a time mahine and replicated schumachers career in the 90's then he probably would have 7 championships to his name, exactly like if you put schumacher into the 70's and 80's he would destroy the field and rack up 10+ titles

No, he would have fatally crashed long before achieving this.




lauda and stewart had no idea who senna was, they still had gentleman driving mentalities and werent always on the limit every corner because they could die

schumacher knew who senna was, he knew that now you needed to be very aggressive to win an f1 race, and also you needed to understand every technical advantage (senna was obsessive about getting all telemetry and testing information)

but schumacher took it to a new level, he raised the bar further with never before seen physical fitness, so 1000% guaranteed even if schumacher went back and drove those cars he would destroy all of them and thats if he has to drive conservatively

it happens in every sport when conditions and professionalism increase the bar gets higher, like the guy who finishes 7th in this years 100m final probably would have won it 20 years ago with his time

now this generation have grown up on computer games and simulation, they have had better support in junior formulas and also have much better support technology with telemetry etc to help them improve, plus they have the knowledge of how schumacher raised the bar

Well, if you adjust MS to the time's circumstances (driving less dangerously), than you have to adjust Stewart, Clark and others, too, i.e. they would be up to MS fitness levels and technical depth if they had been driven in the 1990s/2000s. Wink

IMO, the top talent of each generation would have risen to the top in every other generation, too. And there is no way in saying that any generation is fundamentally better than the other one.

My signature is meant to hint at the faulty character of superiority claims, be they 'in former times drivers were better' or 'nowadays drivers are better'.

Cool

Keep in mind im taking a snapshot of drivers now compared to back then, if senna was born in 1992 he would destroy this field, but senna arriving fresh off the time machine from 1988 to today would only be midfield

so Schumacher going to the past adjusting to drive conservately would be applied instantly as he realises the limits of those cars, but stewart and clark coming to this time would have to learn quite alot of things to be competitive today

An example of this situation is how Schumacher doesnt want anything to do with the Mercedes simulator, he thinks its useless and makes him sick when he uses it, while rosberg and the other drivers on the grid utilise it

my theory is that in 1970's germany there werent many accurate simulators for schumacher to play with so he simply went out in a go kart, while in the 1990's-2000's rosberg played plenty of computer f1 games constantly

avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Paolo_Lasardi on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:53 pm

If you put MS (or any other current diver) in a 1970s car, they woul need as long to adapt as the other way around. Very different worlds, very different approaches.

Another example: none of the current driver could immdiately drive a 1930s car through a grand prix because they simply lack sufficient arm muscle power to steer these cars.

_________________
The best Grand Prix Drivers ever: Tazio Nuvolari & Rudolf Carraciola!

Paolo_Lasardi

Messages : 2814
Points : 11204
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Rodzilla on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:If you put MS (or any other current diver) in a 1970s car, they woul need as long to adapt as the other way around. Very different worlds, very different approaches.

Another example: none of the current driver could immdiately drive a 1930s car through a grand prix because they simply lack sufficient arm muscle power to steer these cars.

actually you have a point, rosberg would freak out with only having those goggles as protection and he would be very unhappy with all the dirt hitting his face

but those 1930's guys wouldnt be able to even fit in an f1 car these days

i still conclude that schumacher will destroy a 70's field with 3 weeks testing preparation while those guys would need 1 year preparation

schumacher going back to the 30's is too far because he is too advanced for that

avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Schumacat on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Lol how did this thread end up as a Schumacher versus 1970s drivers? Laughing

_________________
The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you are an artist.
avatar
Schumacat

Messages : 4965
Points : 14719
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by arizal_adl on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 pm

He gets overshadowed even in his thread

I guess to determine which level of driver Nico is, Schumi has to race in 1970
avatar
arizal_adl

Messages : 3166
Points : 10224
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Localisation : Kay eL..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Rus-Evo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Right, we need a flux capacitor from ebay then.

avatar
Rus-Evo

Messages : 6870
Points : 18908
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by KoKiNa on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:16 am

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:If you put MS (or any other current diver) in a 1970s car, they woul need as long to adapt as the other way around. Very different worlds, very different approaches.

Another example: none of the current driver could immdiately drive a 1930s car through a grand prix because they simply lack sufficient arm muscle power to steer these cars.

Well, it only took one lap to FA to drive really fasty that '51 Ferrari last year in Silverstone... Razz
avatar
KoKiNa

Messages : 1876
Points : 7129
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 102
Localisation : Somewhere at 360 km/h...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by defect on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:19 am

In conclusion, Schumi could win in a Minardi.

defect

Messages : 24
Points : 96
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by zing on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:28 pm

defect wrote:In conclusion, Schumi could win in a Minardi.

Ha , yes and how many times did we hear that in the day ....
avatar
zing

Messages : 4708
Points : 19012
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Localisation :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by KingBenzai on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 pm

*sigh*

I personally think that the guys who raced horse-waggons back in the wild-wild-west could easily destroy Fangio, Stewart, Schumi AND Rosberg.

Probably Darth Vader would run circles around ALL of them.

Seems you guys are having a ´big bang theory´ kind of argument here. Smile

KingBenzai

Messages : 65
Points : 250
Date d'inscription : 2010-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nico Rosberg....

Post by Paolo_Lasardi on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Well, my point was only that top talent would rise to the top in any decade. I do not think that claims that nowadays drivers are better than former days drivers or vice versa are justified.

_________________
The best Grand Prix Drivers ever: Tazio Nuvolari & Rudolf Carraciola!

Paolo_Lasardi

Messages : 2814
Points : 11204
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum