Re: Formula 1 2012

Message par esterence le Mer Oct 10, 2012 12:53 pm

ps3. heard its totally different from 2011
esterence
esterence

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par WebHead le Mer Oct 17, 2012 2:16 pm

The reviews are strong, but I've always found something a bit frustrating with the codemasters f1 games. Like they have all the bells and whistles but the little things annoy you. It's to be expected when you follow a sport as closely as we do, you notice silly little things.

Message par Joey Zyla le Sam Mar 30, 2013 1:30 am

I got the game a few months ago, and I'm finally about ready to start my career. I use the Ferrari GT Experience wheel by Logitech, it's a really good budget wheel, and it works with F1 2011, F1 2012, and Gran Turismo 5.

Overall the game is very good, and is a big improvement over F1 2011. One problem I have with the game, however, is that instead of becoming more realistic, it has become less realistic. To start with, I was hoping that the game no longer turned in to a "ghost" when you entered "forbidden areas" on certain circuits (Interlagos, for example, is full of these). Instead, they actually added another arcade feature to the game. Run-off zones that magically slow the car down? Really, Codemasters? REALLY? Why can't Codemasters just take all of the silly arcade features out of F1 2012 and put them in F1 Race Stars? That would be appreciated by those of us who want a realistic F1 racing simulator.

Now that I'm done ranting about the not-so-good parts of the game, I'll talk about the main areas where the game improved over F1 2011. First off, the gameplay. Provided you stay on the track and don't incur the wrath of the run-off zones, the racing itself is actually very good. The addition of car failures/problems is a big improvement over F1 2011. Also, the AI seems more aggressive, and therefore both overtaking and AI mistakes are more common. The "simulation" seems more realistic, and you don't see Massa and Webber regularly finishing ahead of their teammates anymore. Tyre degradation is more realistic now, and it's even more important (especially in 100% races) to conserve your tyres and find a strategy that fits your driving style. I also did three 25% career mode races after I first got the game, just to see how it fares against the previous version. They did a lot of things right, and it still feels to some extent like you are a real driver racing in F1. However, I can't for the life of me figure out why they would get rid of the interviews. It doesn't make any sense. They've taken the whole "live the life" element out of the game (F1 2011 had a fitting slogan). I also preferred F1 2011's paddock background in the menus over F1 2012's wind tunnel background. The other main place the game has improved is the addition of Champions Mode. It's incredibly fun, and I just can't figure out why.

Overview

Overall rating: 8.5/10
Pros: Plenty of game modes, addictive gameplay, all of the real drivers, teams, and circuits of 2012
Cons: No interviews, run-off zones slow the car down

Joey Zyla

Message par WebHead le Dim Mar 31, 2013 1:03 pm

I bought it some time ago, but stopped playing it. I think I'm enjoying racing games less and less, and playing story-based games instead. Still the game seemed OK and Austin is fun.