Daily News Thread

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

Re: Daily News Thread

Post by lightmas on Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 23:40

Mark can have a 2nd strong and long career in Le Mans racing, its a great move for him Smile
lightmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guesswho's back on Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 8:09

Horner: "For sure Sebastian will be kept in the loop in terms of what our choices of driver are, and his opinion has a value as well," he said.

Translation: Vettel will decide who his teammate will be.

guesswho's back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 11:17

Seb and Kimi are friends, although not very close ones, but mainly we need to consider if Seb thinks Kimi is too big of a threat to him at Red Bull.

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guesswho's back on Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 11:22

Gary wrote:Seb and Kimi are friends, although not very close ones, but mainly we need to consider if Seb thinks Kimi is too big of a threat to him at Red Bull.

driver choice will show if Seb is a wuss or not Razz

guesswho's back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 11:29

There are actually strong rumors that Kimi has already signed the deal...

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known

Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zing on Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 0:37

Today's F1:

I hope we have improved our race pace; it will be all about tyre management tomorrow and keeping the others behind us.

That's Nico's statement today after qualifying 2 after Lewis ....

What happened to the day when a driver said that he be attacking the whole race in order to achieve a good result ????
zing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rus-Evo on Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 11:51

zing wrote:
 Today's F1:

I hope we have improved our race pace; it will be all about tyre management tomorrow and keeping the others behind us.

That's Nico's statement today after qualifying 2 after Lewis ....

What happened to the day when a driver said that he be attacking the whole race in order to achieve a good result ????
Was this ever the case? I ask because drivers "say" a lot of things! Back in the day cars were much more unreliable and probably needed a lot of looking after. Thats a question I would like to know the answer too!
Rus-Evo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightmas on Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 13:29

I think Mercedes will go for an attacking 3 stop. Mercedes 1-2!
lightmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schumanoid on Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 16:05

Mika-Juan-Kimi wrote:I dont know if i should be happy for Mark or sad

Mark had no other choice. Kimi would have taken his place anyway. I'll drink to that bois3 
Schumanoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 7:18

FIA announces test changes amid tyre concerns 01 Jul 2013

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has announced a number of measures aimed at seeking an urgent solution to the tyre failures seen in Sunday’s 2013 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix.

Race drivers will now be allowed to take part in this month’s upcoming young driver test, provided it is clear they are testing tyres for Pirelli. The Silverstone session, scheduled for July 17-19, may also be extended by a day.

“Our priority is to ensure safety for all in Formula One and we believe the incidents at Silverstone represent a genuine safety concern for the drivers,” said FIA President Jean Todt, who has asked Pirelli for assurance that there will be no repetition of the problems at next weekend’s German round, or at subsequent Grands Prix.

“We have thus taken the decision to alter the young driver test to allow teams to use drivers they deem fit to carry out tyre development work in a bid to solve the problems we saw at the British Grand Prix. I believe it is fitting to carry out this work at the circuit upon which the issues were manifested.”

To provide for this, the FIA has informed the Formula One teams that the approval of its World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) will be immediately sought for a change to Article 22 of the sporting regulations, which currently outlaws in-season circuit testing with experienced race drivers.

To allow the FIA to take all necessary actions to ensure safety, approval will also be sought for a change to the technical regulations to allow in-season modifications to tyre specifications to be made without the unanimous agreement of all teams.

Despite the announced changes, Mercedes have accepted to not participate in the Silverstone test, as per the recent decision of the FIA’s International Tribunal, which suspended the team from the young driver session as penalty for an illegal tyre test with Pirelli earlier in the year.

Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton was one of four drivers to suffer high-speed, left-rear tyre failures at Silverstone on Sunday, the others being Ferrari's Felipe Massa, Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne and McLaren's Sergio Perez. Pirelli are currently investigating the cause.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 8:09

Lets be clear on this: some here blame the tires entirely on explosions, even if Mercedez, who was allowed to test them, was one of the victims of tire explosion? Shouldn't these tests have revealed this radical weakness in tires? Or maybe it did, but Mercedez kept this hidden from all? What was tested instead if not this? Should Mercedez/Pirelli be punished more for testing wrong things? Things that made Mercedez suddenly a top team instead of a struggling one which it has been so far?

Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schumacat on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 15:42

The Mercedes test was for next year. As far as I know, the race tyres used for Silverstone were the same ones that have been used for the whole season, so both are unrelated.
I hated it when Bridgestone used to be too conservative in their tyres, but I guess they preferred it to this because incidents like this would cause very bad publicity to their brand. Last year's Pirelli tyres were a reasonably good balance, but I guess Pirelli went a little bit too far this year.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 16:58

Schumacat wrote:The Mercedes test was for next year. As far as I know, the race tyres used for Silverstone were the same ones that have been used for the whole season, so both are unrelated.
I hated it when Bridgestone used to be too conservative in their tyres, but I guess they preferred it to this because incidents like this would cause very bad publicity to their brand. Last year's Pirelli tyres were a reasonably good balance, but I guess Pirelli went a little bit too far this year.

I have one word: bollocks!

look what you wrote in cyrillic!

So just tell me what changed suddenly on tyres? NOTHING, so why now multiple punctures?
FAILURE NOT BECAUSE OF THE FECKING TYRES! (at least not alone)

curbs however have changed in silverstone since last year...

Q.E.D.

Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paolo_Lasardi on Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 17:34

Schumacat wrote:The Mercedes test was for next year. As far as I know, the race tyres used for Silverstone were the same ones that have been used for the whole season, so both are unrelated.

IMO, there are three different issues mixed together:

1. High-degrading tyres: I can see a point in arguing that the 2012 balance of tyre performance and degration was better. But degradation has nothing to do with tyre explosions (while it does interfere with the relative competitiveness of the teams).

2. Delamination issues: those were the tyre failures before Silverstone. A problem but unrelated to the Silverstone tyre explosions. delaminations are most likely an issue of a lack of testing.

3. Silverstone tyre explosions, all left-rear tyres, caused by cuts from the outside of sharp-edged kerbs. Nothing to do with the other two incidents - never happened before Silverstone and did not happen in Silverstone as soon as the drivers stayed within the track limits (just that Pérez did not manage to do so ...).

Paolo_Lasardi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schuy1 on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 5:36

Tyre misuse caused blow outs - Pirelli

Teams swapped LH side tyres to RH, etc ...... !!! Rolling Eyes 

Pirelli has blamed the way the Formula One teams used its tyres as the main cause of the blow outs it experienced at the British Grand Prix, citing tyres mounted the wrong way round, low pressures and extreme cambers as the reasons why the tyres suffered cuts from Silverstone's high kerbs. At the top of its statement Pirelli made clear: "The 2013 tyres do not compromise safety if used in the correct way".

The Italian tyre manufacturer said the rear tyres on the cars that suffered blow outs had been mounted with the right-hand tyre on the left-hand side and vice-a-versa. It said the asymmetrical structure of its tyres had not been designed to be used in this way and had put extra stress on the sidewalls where the cuts had appeared.

Several teams have experimented with "tyre swapping" over recent years to gain a performance advantage and Pirelli admitted it too had underestimated the effect this would have on safety and should have banned the practice.

Pirelli claims the use of low pressures and extreme camber settings also put extra stress on the tyres, saying it has "no control" over these settings on the cars. It has asked the FIA to ensure the teams stick to its recommendations in the future and that a dedicated delegate is employed to check the teams do not push the limits.

It added that kerbing, especially at turn four, had been particularly aggressive and most likely caused the cuts that led to the blow outs on the following Hanger Straight. The statement added: "Pirelli would like to underline that the 2013 tyre range does not compromise driver safety in any way if used in the correct manner, and that it meets all the safety standards requested by the FIA."

Pirelli will bring revised rear tyres to this weekend's race at the Nurburgring, with a Kevlar belt rather than steel, before it reintroduces its 2012-specification construction from the Hungarian Grand Prix onwards. It has also asked the FIA to introduce a new regulation to allow it access to real-time data from the teams regarding pressure, temperature and camber angles.

"I'd like to re-emphasise the fact that the 2013 range of tyres, used in the correct way, is completely safe," Pirelli motorsport boss Paul Hembery said. "What happened at Silverstone though has led us to ask for full access to real time tyre data to ensure the correct usage and development of tyres that have the sophistication we were asked to provide and extremely high performance that has lowered lap times by more than two seconds on average. While we wait for a change in the rules, we will introduce tyres that are easier to manage."

Pirelli has also arranged additional winter testing to develop its 2014 tyres in the future.

Following the original press release, a further statement from Hembery was issued saying Pirelli was not intending to create arguments or attack the teams.

"Contrary to the impression that some people have formed, I would like to underline the collaboration and support that we are receiving from the teams, drivers, FIA and FOM. In no way are we intending to create arguments or attack anybody. We have taken our responsibilities upon ourselves as our press release indicates. But not having full control over all the elements that impact on the use of the tyres, we need everybody's contribution. With regard to this, we are receiving the full support of all the parties involved, for which we are very grateful."

©️ ESPN EMEA Ltd.

..... until someone wins   EIGHT WDC !!!!
and PLEASE GET WELL SOON SCHUMI  :sad1:
Schuy1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 8:16

Hooray! Pirelli is not to blame!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 8:35

DUH

Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 20:55

This looks like fun Smile 

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sailqueen on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 5:24

Here is some behind the scenes video to go with that ^ pic. What a Face What a Face What a Face 

Sailqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schuy1 on Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 6:46

... AND they're getting PAID for it !

- I'm in the wrong job for sure Razz

..... until someone wins   EIGHT WDC !!!!
and PLEASE GET WELL SOON SCHUMI  :sad1:
Schuy1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guesswho's back on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 15:17

Strong rumour I've read today: Hülkenberg and Sauber may terminate contract with immediate effect as Sauber cannot pay Hülkenberg...

Since there is no team he could switch to right away, he might as well stay put and drive for free for the rest of the year.

guesswho's back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 15:23

He is rumored to be in close negotiations with Lotus.

Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn-rex on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 16:12

Gary wrote:He is rumored to be in close negotiations with Lotus.

To replace Kimi or Romian?
Lynn-rex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guesswho's back on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 16:18

For next year?
It doen't help him this year...

guesswho's back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 17:31

Lynn-rex wrote:
Gary wrote:He is rumored to be in close negotiations with Lotus.

To replace Kimi or Romian?

yes

Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum