Post by F1 forever on Sun 21 Sep - 16:17:04

Jarnooo wrote:Hahaha is that a joke???

I think it's just incompetence!
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

Post by F1 forever on Sun 21 Sep - 16:18:52

Of course the German commentators are completely ignoring that Rosberg not only had fewer DNFs than Lewis overall, but even caused one for his teammate, and that Lewis had to start two additional races from the back of the grid.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Sun 21 Sep - 16:31:43

Lewis !!!!!!

cat

Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Sun 21 Sep - 16:36:14

Not a bad race.

Good to see the championship closer again.

Very happy to see JEV take 6th and keep it. Thought his last penalty was very unfair, seeing as keeping 2 wheels on the track would have been impossible due to Maldonado blocking it off.

Was a little disappointed not to see any attempted passes in the VET-RIC-ALO battle, but what can you do.

Again, really don't like turns 1 and 2. Hope they consider changing it in the future, but they won't. Like I said before the race, it just made an easy escape for Alonso and created some confusion. At least have something out there that will slow them down.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Sun 21 Sep - 16:41:26

Jarnooo wrote:Not a bad race.

The right result, that's for sure...

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zing on Sun 21 Sep - 17:00:03

Zag wrote:
Jarnooo wrote:Not a bad race.

The right result, that's for sure...

cat

The race was farcical - Mercedes is just that strong that two other teams have to take huge risks with tyres and pit
strategy and even that had no chance at all. I'd agree that it was the right result - another DNF to equalize the reliability balance at Merc, nothing more nothing less. Too bad that Nico had no chance to even try to claw back to some points. Meanwhile Lewis's victory - good for him he deserved some big points as to how his season has been going - but nothing special as a drive, driving a bullet that can gap other cars 20 seconds in 9 laps. Yawn.
zing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 21 Sep - 17:13:48

The race was farcical - Mercedes is just that strong that two other teams have to take huge risks with tyres and pit
strategy and even that had no chance at all.

Lewis put his car on pole in a heavily contested session, and Mercedes had calculated that a three-stop strategy would be the fastest option for the race. Other teams disagreed, and tried something else. Lewis, just like the others, took risks with his tyres, as illustrated by his messages during the race - but nothing unusual here. The race was projected to be either 2 or 3 stops for most teams, and then there was this safety car phase that took forever so teams reacted to that.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by esterence on Sun 21 Sep - 17:52:21

It was like this as well with Red Bull last year in Singapore isn't it?

zing, are you seriously surprised at Merc's pace despite them dominating the whole season like this?
esterence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 21 Sep - 17:55:36

Honestly that RedBull dominance looked like it would go on forever. And it probably would have for years, had it not been for the engine changes. Thank god for that!

I don't trust that Mercedes has the quality to produce another winner next season, and then there's their quality control issues, so they better make hay while the sun shines.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zing on Sun 21 Sep - 17:57:27

esterence wrote:It was like this as well with Red Bull last year in Singapore isn't it?

zing, are you seriously surprised at Merc's pace despite them dominating the whole season like this?

No, not surprised at all. I think Mercedes's car is more dominant than Red Bull ... yet RB, at times, was stunning
last year. I really hope next year will be a better contest with more teams competing for victories.
zing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nav on Tue 23 Sep - 18:41:56

“We have a missile of a car, but we are having reliability issues,” Wolff said. “Lewis caught up a lot of points, ones he lost in Spa. If there was a ­racing god maybe he was there today. It means in the coming races even more grey hair because they are almost even now.”

"That was really awesome," Wolff commented. "These are the Lewis Hamilton days. These are the days when you recognise how great he is and it makes the difference between the superstars and the stars."

"He is worth his money I can tell you that!" Mercedes Non-Executive Chairman Lauda told Sky Sports F1.
"He won the race because he drove a sensational race - nothing more to say. Hard, hard and tough."

"Lewis delivered a fantastic performance," Lowe added. "The pace was strong and our tyre endurance better than that of our competitors.

"It was a very controlled drive and a hard-earned win."

Well...I'm not doubting a few of you here know way better than Wolff, Lauda and Lowe...since you guys are such geniuses who have all the info about how hard a driver actually worked for a win....but maybe, just maybe these guys know a thing or two about a hard earned victory.

After all, it isn't often the bosses gush so much praise for a driver, when the other guy was forced not to take part. Smile

My favourite comment was by Wolff about "racing Gods"....I bet he was thinking back at Spa to come up with that rational. Smile

As you were.

nav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zing on Wed 24 Sep - 23:52:38

F1 forever wrote:Honestly that RedBull dominance looked like it would go on forever. And it probably would have for years, had it not been for the engine changes. Thank god for that!

I don't trust that Mercedes has the quality to produce another winner next season, and then there's their quality control issues, so they better make hay while the sun shines.

I think you are wrong on that level. The Mercedes team arrived in the sport and will win the constructors and and WDC in similar time
frame as Newey and Red Bull - their advantage is massive and they will certainly work to improve reliability and performance. It's all down to the other teams to catch them and it's not looking very good with Renault power plants and Ferrari in a mess ... I think the only threat is Macca with Honda next year - with Alonso at the wheel. Meanwhile that could go horribly wrong as well.
zing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Fri 26 Sep - 18:28:00

BTW, do not be surprised if Kimi starts to perform suddenly better compared to Fernando, there might be a reason for it...

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 28 Sep - 6:41:00

Singapore Grand Prix Race Edit

http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits/2014/singapore/

Wow, never came across those before. This is AWESOME!!! Exclamation
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down