Vettel has left Red Bull!

Vettel has left Red Bull!

Message par Jarnooo le Sam Oct 04, 2014 3:41 am

Austosport a écrit:Sebastian Vettel looks set for a switch to Ferrari next year after Red Bull announced that he is leaving the team at the end of the current Formula 1 season.

With Fernando Alonso's imminent departure from Ferrari leaving a vacancy at the Maranello outfit next year, the Italian F1 team has wasted no team moving for its number one target.

Vettel has activated a break clause in his contract and will leave Red Bull, which has helped him to four consecutive world titles.

Ferrari has not yet confirmed its plans, though.

A statement from Red Bull said: "Sebastian Vettel has advised us that he will be leaving Red Bull at the end of the 2014 season.

"We want to warmly thank Sebastian for the incredible role he has played at Red Bull for the last six years."

Red Bull will promote Daniil Kyvat from Toro Rosso for next season, and he will drive alongside Daniel Ricciardo.

Alonso is set for a switch to McLaren, although it is understood that no deal is in place yet.

I have to say I'm shocked! Never thought that Vettel would ever part with Red Bull.

This then paves the way for Vettel to join Ferrari and for Alonso to move back to McLaren.

I've got to say, Kvyat joining Red Bull is the biggest mistake here. He hasn't proved himself to be super fast and he certainly hasn't shown himself to be better than Vergne! Perhaps they couldn't lure Alonso to the team.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Vettel has left Red Bull!

Message par Mika-Juan-Kimi le Sam Oct 04, 2014 6:37 am

Well there are some shocks but Vettel going to Ferrari is not one of them. Vettel always wanted go to Ferrari it was just a matter of when. Door opened, he took it. Big shock was Kyvat being promoted. The redbull trust really follow their academy rules. Which I like but i dont think he is ready. Vergne was the better choice. Redbull never considered Alonso because he is not in the system. The real shocker is Alonso going to Mclaren with Ron Dennis at the helm. Talk about ROFLWTF. That 50 mil a year deal must be true

Whats with 2 top drivers going to worse teams than where they are now though. Is there a crystal ball that I dont know about
Mika-Juan-Kimi

Message par Jarnooo le Sam Oct 04, 2014 6:49 am

The interesting thing will be, will Ferrari or McLaren have a better car next year? You'd think that with the best engine on the grid, McLaren have been hugely under-performing, so losing the engine could be a big risk if Honda aren't up to scratch.

I too think Kvyat is a big mistake. Certainly not the best option for the seat and looks like a number 2 signing by Red Bull. Sucks for Vergne cause he matched Ricciardo and has probably been better overall than Kvyat. Hope he drives the wheels off that Toro Rosso for the rest of the season, but even then I think his chances of getting a seat next year are slim, unless there are more big surprises.

Message par 00521 le Sam Oct 04, 2014 6:51 am

Mika-Juan-Kimi a écrit:Well there are some shocks but Vettel going to Ferrari is not one of them. Vettel always wanted go to Ferrari it was just a matter of when. Door opened, he took it. Big shock was Kyvat being promoted. The redbull trust really follow their academy rules. Which I like but i dont think he is ready. Vergne was the better choice. Redbull never considered Alonso because he is not in the system. The real shocker is Alonso going to Mclaren with Ron Dennis at the helm. Talk about ROFLWTF. That 50 mil a year deal must be true

Whats with 2 top drivers going to worse teams than where they are now though. Is there a crystal ball that I dont
know about

Yes.. Gentlemen...

When a team goes completely over the cliff... some drivers will instinctively look for a better seat.

Certainly both Alonso and Vettel have paid their dues at their respective teams.

I agree that Vergne was a far better choice, but politrix are indeed always in place at RB.

I do think Vettel is possibly making a serious error... Alonso a lesser one.

Now, all we need is ... a typhoon.

Tomorrow.

Cordial Best.

Message par Rus-Evo le Sam Oct 04, 2014 10:45 am

00521 a écrit:
When a team goes completely over the cliff... some drivers will instinctively look for a better seat.
I don't think that Red Bull are off a cliff. I think their car is very very very good but is powered by an engine out of a Renault Clio. What other team could win 3 races with such a disadvantage?

I think Seb is in a rut and a fresh change of atmosphere and a new challenge is an ideal thing for the guy who has already achieved everything. And why not add a Ferrari contract to your bucket list!!

Same thing goes for Fernando, he is not going to a better team, but all the same factors apply as above.

I am actually happy for both of them, it should be fun for them.

Now Jenson on the other hand..... I wish he would agree to race for a new team or else Macca should definitely keep him (to wrap up the WCC).
Rus-Evo

Message par Gary le Sam Oct 04, 2014 1:13 pm

Seb and Kimi will have fun at Ferrari next year! mrgreen

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary

Message par KoKiNa le Sam Oct 04, 2014 5:30 pm

I can't wait to see what Seb can do with that Ferrari dog car... we'll see if he really deserves the 4 World titles...

Also my bet is for Fernando going to Mercedes. He wants to win and Macca-Honda still has to demonstrate they can do. He doesn't need much more money... if no wins.
KoKiNa

Message par Zag le Sam Oct 04, 2014 5:40 pm

..and what, Lewis back to Mclaren...  with the number 1 on his car...??

I think Mercedes are more than happy with their two winners... and Fernando is almost confirmed to go to McLaren..

cat

Zag

Message par Mika-Juan-Kimi le Sam Oct 04, 2014 5:59 pm

woah 2 cats above me if only i wasnt alergic to pet dander Sad

Mercedes will never give up that line up anythime soon. I agree that Vettel and Kimi will be much closer at Ferrari. You might see Kimi actually smiling when they are together unlike the Kimi/Alonso pair.
Mika-Juan-Kimi

Message par Rus-Evo le Sam Oct 04, 2014 7:04 pm

Mika-Juan-Kimi a écrit:I agree that Vettel and Kimi will be much closer at Ferrari. You might see Kimi actually smiling when they are together unlike the Kimi/Alonso pair.

Which makes it more interesting when they have a falling out!
Rus-Evo

Message par Gary le Sam Oct 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Hard to get Kimi going, LOL.

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known

Gary

Message par KoKiNa le Sam Oct 04, 2014 7:54 pm

There was not a problem to get Kimi out of Ferrari in 2010, and I bet Santander will follow Alonso wherever he goes... Twisted Evil
KoKiNa

Message par Gary le Sam Oct 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Sorry, Santander won't follow Fernando anymore, not with hundreds of millions of dollars. The man who liked Fernando is dead.

Gary

Message par 00521 le Sam Oct 04, 2014 10:46 pm

Rus-Evo a écrit:
00521 a écrit:
I don't think that Red Bull are off a cliff.  I think their car is very very very good but is powered by an engine out of a Renault Clio.  What other team could win 3 races with such a disadvantage?

I think Seb is in a rut and a fresh change of atmosphere and a new challenge is an ideal thing for the guy who has already achieved everything.  And why not add a Ferrari contract to your bucket list!!

Same thing goes for Fernando, he is not going to a better team, but all the same factors apply as above.

I am actually happy for both of them, it should be fun for them.

Now Jenson on the other hand..... I wish he would agree to race for a new team or else Macca should definitely keep him (to wrap up the WCC).

Absolutely.

+1000

Could not have said it better.

Alonso and Vettel both need a major change, and no time like now, IMHO.

Past time for Button to leave McLaren (except as a place holder for the WCC), and Kimi and Vettel apparently get along well together... they might motivate each other.

Cordial Best,

Message par viktorverdugo le Dim Oct 05, 2014 12:05 am

Gary a écrit:Sorry, Santander won't follow Fernando anymore, not with hundreds of millions of dollars. The man who liked Fernando is dead.

The woman in charge now, Botín's daughter, likes him the same and loves sport sponsoring. Used to be ahead of another bank, Banesto, recently incorporated to Santander and famous for sponsoring sports.
viktorverdugo

Message par zing le Dim Oct 05, 2014 12:29 am

Mika-Juan-Kimi a écrit:
Whats with 2 top drivers going to worse teams than where they are now though. Is there a crystal ball that I dont know about

The same was said about Lewis to Mercedes back in 2012 when it was announced. It's a lottery of sorts in many respects
but I bet no one could have predicted todays scenario. As far as I can see - FA gave 5 years to Ferrari and watched lesser drivers
win championships in better cars. This year would also be the same result regardless who wins ....
zing

Message par Jarnooo le Dim Oct 05, 2014 2:15 am

zing a écrit:
Mika-Juan-Kimi a écrit:

The same was said about Lewis to Mercedes back in 2012 when it was announced.  It's a lottery of sorts in many respects
but I bet no one could have predicted todays scenario.   As far as I can see - FA gave 5 years to Ferrari and watched lesser drivers
win championships in better cars.  This year would also be the same result regardless who wins ....

and what cruel irony it would be if Ferrari made a race winning car in 2015...

One question I have is, will Red Bull continue to be a personal sponsor for Vettel?

Message par zing le Dim Oct 05, 2014 4:11 am

Jarnooo a écrit:
zing a écrit:
Mika-Juan-Kimi a écrit:

The same was said about Lewis to Mercedes back in 2012 when it was announced.  It's a lottery of sorts in many respects
but I bet no one could have predicted todays scenario.   As far as I can see - FA gave 5 years to Ferrari and watched lesser drivers
win championships in better cars.  This year would also be the same result regardless who wins ....

One question I have is, will Red Bull continue to be a personal sponsor for Vettel?

Vettel beating Mercedes and Red Bull at Ferrari would be epic certainly since Fernie was not able to do it.....
zing

Message par KoKiNa le Dim Oct 05, 2014 7:15 pm

zing a écrit:
Jarnooo a écrit:
zing a écrit:
Mika-Juan-Kimi a écrit:

Vettel beating Mercedes and Red Bull at Ferrari would be epic certainly since Fernie was not able to do it.....

I do not think that to be remotely possible... For me even Kimi is a better driver than Seb and look what happened this season. Of course if that happens, I'd become a Vettel fan. Twisted Evil
KoKiNa

Message par F1 forever le Lun Oct 06, 2014 1:30 am

Jarnooo a écrit:I have to say I'm shocked! Never thought that Vettel would ever part with Red Bull.

Vettel has been saying for years that he wants to drive for Ferrari one day. He has won four titles with RedBull, and now Adrian Newey is moving on to other things. Not much of a point in staying there, imho. To do what? Hope for a non-Newey masterpiece? To maybe win another title there... sometime? I see very little appeal in that.

He's now cashing in big time:

http://www.newsonf1.co.uk/2014/news/Oct/article_Vettel_masterminded_massive_Ferrari_deal.html
F1 forever

Message par esterence le Lun Oct 06, 2014 11:45 am

I was absolutely shocked when the news came out. But it's really good for f1 with all these drivers moves. Excited to see Alonso at Mclaren again.
esterence

Message par Gary le Lun Oct 06, 2014 8:52 pm

viktorverdugo a écrit:
Gary a écrit:Sorry, Santander won't follow Fernando anymore, not with hundreds of millions of dollars. The man who liked Fernando is dead.

The woman in charge now, Botín's daughter, likes him the same and loves sport sponsoring. Used to be ahead of another bank, Banesto, recently incorporated to Santander and famous for sponsoring sports.

Maybe, but you forget the fact (not something I myself approve, but something that just exists still), that she is, well, she.
Women have to be 10, maybe 20 times better than men in business to take the top position, and someone just gotten that
position can't go on and spend tens, even hundreds of milliona per year on one man alone as Ferrari required. Other teams
might accept somewhat less on compensation, like 30-40 million per year.

Anyway, it won't be as easy for her as it was to her father I am sure. Just a fact, nothing to be glad about, quite contrary.

Gary