Vergne now driving in Formula E

Go down

Vergne now driving in Formula E

Post by F1 forever on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Did you guys know that? He had a very impressive debut, getting pole position in his first race. Very impressive drive from him.

You can watch the entire race on youtube, if you're interested. It takes a few minutes getting used to it, but after that, it's quite fun!

I'm rooting for Heidfeld.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vergne now driving in Formula E

Post by RaySinKa on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 am

F1 forever wrote:

Did you guys know that? He had a very impressive debut, getting pole position in his first race. Very impressive drive from him.

You can watch the entire race on youtube, if you're interested. It takes a few minutes getting used to it, but after that, it's quite fun!

I'm rooting for Heidfeld.

I'm a fan although the last race wasn't as good as the second.

Vergne showed some good form and driving skill, I was sad when what appears to be a car failure deprived him of victory, although his lack of power management may have meant he ran out of battery power.

Gone over to Moto GP!

Where they race in the rain.
Ride flat out.
Overtake using speed and skill.

Bye, Bye.

Ray
RaySinKa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Did you understand why some drivers got penalized for using "too much energy" in their first car (or something like that)? I couldn't quite figure out what that referred to. They seemed to have as much energy left as all the others, so how did they use too much?
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by esterence on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:47 pm

You can tune up the energy levels to pull away from others or overtake at any point. Everything is relative so everyone only can have the same amount of energy used the entire race.
esterence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaySinKa on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:33 pm

F1 forever wrote:

Did you understand why some drivers got penalized for using "too much energy" in their first car (or something like that)? I couldn't quite figure out what that referred to. They seemed to have as much energy left as all the others, so how did they use too much?

I believe there is also an "energy usage rate" limitation.  I'm not sure of the purpose but I'm sure I read about the rate of use limit. I guess that it is a bit like the fuel flow limitation in F1.

Gone over to Moto GP!

Where they race in the rain.
Ride flat out.
Overtake using speed and skill.

Bye, Bye.

Ray
RaySinKa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:08 am

RaySinKa wrote:
F1 forever wrote:

I believe there is also an "energy usage rate" limitation.  I'm not sure of the purpose but I'm sure I read about the rate of use limit.  I guess that it is a bit like the fuel flow limitation in F1.

Sounds like it!

Added to his woes was another penalty a little while later, which he incurred for exceeding the maximum permitted power at any given point.

Impossible to tell, from the limited coverage, who is at fault here. Obviously, since this stuff is closely monitored, it doesn't make sense to do it intentionally, and all it does it ruin your race. But whether it's the driver's fault, the team's fault, or simply unreliable parts that everyone uses...can't tell.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:40 am

Another good race. Apart from the Putrajaya race, the other two track were very uninspired. The last one looked like Valencia if it were a go-kart track...really bad thinking with those. This is the only big problem in my opinion.

Regardless, the racing has been pretty good. It's kept me interested and I'll watch the rest of the season's races for sure. The unpredictable nature of unreliability is something I've missed in F1 for a number of years now.

I'll be watching the rest of the season for sure.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum