R.I.P., Jean-Pierre Beltoise

R.I.P., Jean-Pierre Beltoise

Message par 00521 le Lun Jan 05, 2015 8:22 pm

We mourn the passing of F-1 driver Jean Pierre Beltoise, who gave BRM it's last ever win in F-1 at Monaco in '72, when he beat Ickx by 40 seconds in the wet while lapping the entire field...

Bellies passed from natural causes today, after 2 strokes at his home in Dakar, Senegal.

http://www.rtl.fr/sport/autres-sports/f1-l-ancien-pilote-jean-pierre-beltoise-est-decede-7776105902

Former F1 driver Jean-Pierre Beltoise, died at the age of 77 years on Monday morning.   The French champion succumbed to two cerebrovascular attacks on December 31 and January 1, do we learned from a source close to his family.

To his friend Henri Pescarolo, which also marked the history of Formula 1, the emotion is huge and the surprise is total. "There was no sign that allowed to imagine that he might have a problem, he entrusts RTL. I think his wife, his children and I'm totally devastated by this news. It's a huge loss for motorsport and for France. "

He added: "He was an extraordinary health."

The highlight of his career... his success at the Monaco GP in 1972 driving a BRM. He participated in many editions of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, as well as touring car competitions.

Rest In Peace, J-P;

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: R.I.P., Jean-Pierre Beltoise

Message par Gary le Lun Jan 05, 2015 11:09 pm

respect

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary

Revenir en haut Aller en bas