Post by Jarnooo on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:31 am

Watch this space!

Only 3 launch dates so far:

Force India - 21st Jnuary
McLaren - 29th January
Ferrari - 30th January
Toro Rosso - 31st January
Mercedes - 1st February

Will hopefully make some fantasy liveries too while I'm at it.

Williams FW37

Force India VJM08 (sort of)

Lotus E23 Hybrid

McLaren MP4-30

Mercedes W06

Sauber C34

Ferrari SF-15T

Toro Rosso STR10

Red Bull RB11

Testing livery

Last edited by Jarnooo on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:30 am; edited 8 times in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 Launch and Livery Thread!

Post by esterence on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:10 am

The most exciting part of the season Laughing
esterence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:38 am

I agree (sort of) esterence!

Lets get started!

FI probably had the most significant livery changes during the season.

They started the season with a significant amount of orange on the side that worked quite well. Along with that being changed to black was a raft of sponsor changes.

Either way, the Force India of the last few years has always looked a little messy and always a little cluttered.

Excuse the old template. Click to see it bigger!

I don't necessarily think mine is better, but I do wish Mr. Mallya would not try to promote every single one of his brands on the car at the same time.
Either way, I hope they stick with the black, orange and green and just design it in a neater way. If I had one wish, it would be to not see the Claro logo in red. Too many colours. Roshfrans annoys me in the same way, but it isn't ugly? I think?

Anyway, only a couple of days until they show off their new car.

If you guys have any livery ideas, let me know!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tuk'hy on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Mercedes Launch : 1st February (Jerez)
tuk'hy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JPS4ever on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Good news that all teams, including Honda will be allowed some engine upgrades during the year. Hopefully we'll see some close racing between different teams. up2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Next up: Lotus.

Unlike most people, I liked the splash of red of the sidepod of the Lotus. It was something vibrant and refreshing. A big step forward for a team that can't create an identity of it's own. But I guess this didn't match their "leech off JPS" mentality and swiftly removed it.

Last year I created a Lotus livery that I hoped the team would move towards. Realistic enough for them to actually make, but classy enough to actually hold true to the JPS machines of the past. They didn't oblige. So this year, I created something a little less "traditional".

Click for full size

With this I'm adding colour to the livery, whilst removing most of the red that everyone seems to despise so much. I would prefer a mostly black car with thin gold lines along the car, but I just don't think they are going to move in that direction.

Then again, who knows. Maybe they'll do the opposite to me again.

EDIT: Noticed that Rexona have moved from Lotus to Williams, so changed that sponsor.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Mercedes!

Mercedes have a proud heritage of racing in silver, much the same way Ferrari is red. However, we've already seen that Mercedes is keen to add a bit of colour here and there.
Last year's effort was more colourful than it appeared. The sidepod is something that needs to be analysed to be appreciated. One problem for me though, is that it feels like 3 separate people designed the livery without consulting each other.

Click for full size!

I think it's time for Mercedes to create something less subtle. Can't fault them for keeping the silver, but it's time for them to test their willingness to use colour. More black would be nice, and a more vibrant shade of aqua would catch the eye very easily (and please Petronas!). I've gone for sharp edges rather than the smooth and soft feel from the 2014 car.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:50 pm

This will be in McLaren cars for the years to come

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Still awaiting the major sponsor! They'll probably just reveal that with the new car. Unless they still haven't got one.

EDIT: I'm going to fast track Williams, since the first picture has been released!

I think everybody liked this livery. An iconic brand and livery that everyone was glad to see back in F1. One of the few times a mostly white livery isn't boring! Love the black wings too.

Click for full size image!

I've had this in the works for a couple of days now. I like the thought of the traditional straight stripes as opposed to the curvy ones, but it looks nice either way.

However, I saw this picture this morning:

It's the same livery as last year (which for once I'm totally against), give or take a few sponsors. Good to see Rexona on the sidepod (like I had predicted), first sponsor on their sidepods since 2010!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by esterence on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Williams have officially released the images of the new machine and I like it! Their last year's livery was good enough so I guess we can accept this.
esterence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Force India's launch live stream here if anyone is interested.

EDIT: And here it is!

I'm very pleased to see a change, mostly to see that there aren't 7 colours on the car! Black, Silver and Orange (and white). No red Claro!

I immediately thought of the 2006 Spyker livery, if it had been mashed with Force India's 2008 effort.

Very happy that they have gone with a more traditional, clean design, as opposed to their confusing designs of the last few years. Although I wish the silver and orange were either always touching or never touching.

My biggest problem is the overloading of sponsors on the engine cover. I'm sure they could have been placed a bit smarter to reduce the clutter.

The dong-nose has decreased in size, but is very well hidden by the livery, although as seen on the Williams, they aren't so ugly anymore.

Keep in mind, this is quite possibly just a 2015 spec nose on the 2014 car.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika-Juan-Kimi on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:02 am

I like more vibrant liveries so this years and last years Williams are boring to me. I know its iconic but i dont like seeing too much white. The Force India is absolutely gorgeous, best livery from them by alot too. Still too cluttered with the sponsors as Jarno said but main is that a beautiful car. I pray for a fluke win from them
Mika-Juan-Kimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by esterence on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:42 pm

When I saw the FI livery, I knew Jarno would like it alot. Refreshing, new, neat and pretty.
esterence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:19 pm

esterence wrote:When I saw the FI livery, I knew Jarno would like it alot. Refreshing, new, neat and pretty.
You know, I'm not in love with it. Something about the silver I think, but it's more interesting that white I suppose.

Time for McLaren!

All I can say about last season's McLaren is booooooooring. Making the sidepod sponsors orange toward the end of the season was just weird and didn't look good.

Click for full size!

Everything seems to be pointing toward a red and white livery for McLaren this year. Unless they found a major sponsor that is red themselves, I have a feeling Honda will be dictating the colours for next year's livery.

I've gone with a retro feel, almost a Marlboro throwback, with possibly enough variation to not get in the same controversy as Lotus did a couple of years ago. Simple, but not too boring. I think?

Either way, if they turn up with a with a silver car next year, I and many others will be pissed!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Sauber.

This was a livery that had great potential, but ultimately didn't deliver in my opinion. Charcoal could work well, but I feel as though the white and red bit on the sidepod looks like a generic decal from Need for Speed.

With two new drivers, I'm going with something (almost) totally different for Sauber. Banco do Brasil are in thanks for Nasr, so perhaps they could dictate the livery?

Throughout their history, Sauber's liveries have always evolved rather than completely changed from year to year, so that's what I've tried to do by keeping some charcoal in the livery. Check this out, and you will see what I mean.

A drastic change and pretty unlikely that the actual livery will look anything like this, but I think it's fun. 10 years since the last yellow car on the grid!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by danikayak on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:15 pm

jarno good ideas for mclaren and sauber livery
i am waiting to see the mclaren and mercedes

El Tiempo de la Pole 2015
danikayak

View user profile http://www.danielduran.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:25 am

danikayak wrote:jarno good ideas for mclaren and sauber livery
i am waiting to see the mclaren and mercedes

I'm excited to see what McLaren will do, but I have Mercedes will disappoint us.

Toro Rosso:

I say the same things about Toro Rosso every year. The bull on the engine cover is so past it's use by date that I don't even notice it anymore. The gold and gold bits have the same problem Sauber does, just look generic. The red rear wing has the same negative effect Lotus had with it's red wings a couple of years ago. So much potential, such disappointing delivery.

I'm going minimalistic on this one. For years people have been saying to do the diet can look, but I've got my inspiration from the "Blue Edition" can. It's a livery that I think Toro Rosso is more likely to actually create. However, it's very simple, and judging by their past efforts, perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that. Either way, it's classy and at the very least, something different. My plea to Toro Rosso is please tone it down.

But we all know, they will stick to their usual boring style and I'll be left frustrated once again.

A couple of bonus liveries:

Red Edition

Silver Edition

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by danikayak on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 am

Truli I read that Mercedes will change their color to chrome, and very silver and the wheels too
I think that Toro Rosso can change their livery to something similar the tin of red bull
something like that

El Tiempo de la Pole 2015
danikayak

View user profile http://www.danielduran.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:25 pm

danikayak wrote:Truli I read that Mercedes will change their color to chrome, and very silver and the wheels too
I think that Toro Rosso can change their livery to something similar the tin of red bull
something like that

I've heard this as well. Chrome liveries have not been explored enough in F1. McLaren did it for years, but barely changed the design for 9 years. Hopefully if Mercedes go chrome, they do it differently. Chrome silver and chrome aqua could look spectacular. This came to mind actually:

Hopefully they don't just go with plain chrome.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika-Juan-Kimi on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:54 am

Good call on the Sauber Jarno they are planning to run a similar livery to the one you posted
Mika-Juan-Kimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Mika-Juan-Kimi wrote:Good call on the Sauber Jarno they are planning to run a similar livery to the one you posted

Really? Where did you hear that?

In other news, here's the first pics of the new Lotus!

I want to say I'm happy that they have got rid of the red on the body of the car, but instead I'm kinda unimpressed by the livery overall.

Nose looks really nice, but I have a feeling they are hiding a little thumb/dong-nose due to the black livery and tricky lighting.

Check out that fat airbox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika-Juan-Kimi on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:37 pm

im not sure about linking other f1 sites but its on gptoday
Mika-Juan-Kimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by esterence on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Pretty neat design by Lotus, quite close to Jarno's render.
esterence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika-Juan-Kimi on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:58 am

The lotus shape looks conservative which should be a massive improvement of last years dog. Tne livery looks a little bland I must say but im a sucker for black and gold
Mika-Juan-Kimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:51 am

I can only assume now that McLaren will be white. I just hope the car isn't as bland as the overalls!

Also, still no major sponsor...hope they are "building the suspense" or something.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, McLaren have always had (mostly) white overalls. This proves nothing! Laughing

EDIT 2: There is unofficial confirmation that the livery will grey/black. Prepare to boo the launch!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum