2015 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: 2015 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Post by Zag on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:44 am

"These power units are the wrong solution for F1, and we would say this even if [Red Bull supplier] Renault were in the lead," he added.

Yeah, right, I believe you Marko...

Unf'kinbeleivable RB

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by esterence on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:41 pm

He is right to a certain sense, the spectacle is horrible.
esterence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schuy1 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:11 pm

F1 forever wrote:
Jarnooo wrote:Incredible sour grapes from Red Bull. Threatening to quit. Good riddance if they do lol.

The best thing was their proposed solution: Essentially limiting the speed of the other cars to their own!  LolRoll

What they're saying is: Our engine partner has screwed up, so the FIA has to act to slow down the other engine manufacturers to the point where RedBull can win with their (alleged) chassis advantage again. Yeah, right. That's how it's going to go down!

I guess arrogance that has been cultivated for so long and humble pie don't go together very well...

..... Time to trade in the Renault & buy a Merc guys! Laughing

..... until someone wins   EIGHT WDC !!!!
and PLEASE GET WELL SOON SCHUMI  :sad1:
Schuy1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:48 pm

esterence wrote:He is right to a certain sense, the spectacle is horrible.

It is like the other teams saying (in the RB years) they will quit if they don't sack Newey..

Mercedes got it right, the others didn't...

Do they do a sour grapes flavoured RedBull ?

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:20 am

The first race of the season was boring, for a number of reasons. But it's way too early to judge anything. I've watched F1 for decades, and there have always been boring races in every season - just like there are always boring games in any other sport.

F1 is in a constant state of evolution. Teams are even allowed to continue to develop their engines throughout the season this time. Ferrari seems confident that they can continue to narrow, if not close the gap over time. The Mercedes customer teams should improve their cars over time, too.

And even if all that doesn't help...the more it sucks, the more revolutionary the upcoming changes will be, and the sooner they'll be implemented. I think guys who understand what matters to fans and racers alike, like Niki Lauda, will be involved in the planning this time around. Either way, as a fan, you can't really lose, since ultimately all this only exists for you, and if it no longer pleases you, and you turn away from it...sooner or later, they'll adapt, to get you back on board.

I had a few years where I only watched 45 mins highlights of the races because I wasn't pleased with the on-track action anymore. They improved the action, and I was back full-time. As for this season, I'll at least wait 6 or 7 races before I make up my mind.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:46 am

Some perspective here...

Car, not engine explains Mercedes gap

Mar.14 (GMM) A better engine no longer explains Mercedes' continuing domination of formula one.

"Aldo Costa designed a great car last year," said team chairman Niki Lauda in Melbourne, "and this one is even better."
Indeed, Mercedes' gap over the field was an astonishing 1.4 seconds in Melbourne qualifying, with the closest chaser being the similarly Mercedes-powered customer Williams.

"If we have the same engine," said Felipe Massa, third on Saturday, "the difference should be in the car.
"I believe we have the same engine," he added, "so it's the car."

With the aid of GPS, rival teams have indeed analysed Mercedes' huge gap in Melbourne and discovered that the team has not necessarily made a relative step forward in simply the area of the 'power unit'.

In fact, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg's top speeds are only good enough to be mid-pack, as Williams and Ferrari are actually faster in a straight line.

The W06, in short, is beating its rivals in the medium and fast corners.

Williams' technical boss Pat Symonds agrees: "Over a lap, the Ferrari engine is basically at Mercedes' level.
"Over the winter Mercedes has made massive gains in downforce," he is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport.
"Having the short nose last year is paying off for them now, as they have a year's experience over those who are only now starting with that concept," Symonds added.

http://www.newsonf1.co.uk/2015/news/Mar/article_Car_not_engine_explains_Mercedes_gap.html

Also explains Ferrari's optimism...and mine that the field should come a lot closer together over the course of the season.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:08 am

Red Bull are releasing a new flavour energy drink! Exclusive pics right here!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mika-Juan-Kimi on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:11 am

lol Jarno thats classic
Mika-Juan-Kimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:27 am

Lookin' good!

Rumoured to be a hit among RBR team members already!
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:09 am

This is kinda funny:

http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motorsport/story/194945.html

Vettel invited to Mercedes debrief!
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:38 am

At this stage, I think Lotus are the big unknown. They showed that aren't slow anymore (thanks perhaps to Merc) so if they last more than one lap at Malaysia, I'd be interested to see how high up the field they can challenge.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum