FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:21 pm

hamilton was 2 seconds behind rosberg, they pitted rosberg and he came out behind massa (im sure they calculated that would happen if they pit)

so now rosberg would either be held up on massa pace (1 second slower down on hamilton 2 sectors on rosbergs outlap), or get involved in a tricky mercedes engine pass that would also cost him time

hamilton wasnt brought immediately in like the premium strategy dictates, no he stayed out another lap and mercedes knew full well that rosberg was behind the williams

but only then did massa pit in front of rosberg and then rosberg got into clean air and then mercedes brought hamilton in at the next opportunity

trust me they tried it lol

if they didnt try it then they got lucky because they were messing around with rosbergs win and lucky for rosberg that massa pit
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Rosberg's strategy was perfect for the leading driver, and it showed. He gained at least 2 seconds.

Lewis' was less than optimal, but it's irrelevant since he threw the race away with his mistake anyway.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:36 pm

F1 forever wrote:Rosberg's strategy was perfect for the leading driver, and it showed. He gained at least 2 seconds.

Lewis' was less than optimal, but it's irrelevant since he threw the race away with his mistake anyway.

if you think its perfect to come out of the pits behind a slower williams when you are fighting with your teammate then you are crazy

even on old tyres that williams is tough to pass around this place
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Zag on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Rodzilla is just an LH hater....

Good drive by Nico... lacklustre by Lewis...

Good drive too from Vettel and Massa.

cat
avatar
Zag

Messages : 3209
Points : 9103
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Zag on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:40 pm


I suppose Lewis's pitstop being 4/10ths slower than Nico's was part of the strategy too... Lol..

cat

avatar
Zag

Messages : 3209
Points : 9103
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Rodzilla, it was the perfect strategy, and it showed in the results. There's really nothing else to say. I would have done it the exact same way, considering the data at hand.  

In reality, Lewis' lead is now down to 10 PTS (instead of the 27 PTS it should have been) - as a result of Mercedes' pit stop strategy costing Lewis 17 PTS of his lead this season already.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Zag wrote:
I suppose Lewis's pitstop being 4/10ths slower than Nico's was part of the strategy too... Lol..

cat


no the strategy was to pit rosberg and he comes out behind the williams who hopefully would hold him up for at least 2 laps or rosberg takes a lunge that slows him down by 1 second

maybe you have some sort of other explanation for the combination of pitting rosberg so he comes behind mass AND THEN keeping hamilton out for an extra lap knowing rosberg was in traffic What a Face

if massa didnt pit then do you think rosbergs win would be in danger? he had 2 seconds to play with ffs



avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Nico of course confirmed my (rather obvious) assessment after the race.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:26 pm

avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Zag on Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Rodzilla wrote:
Zag wrote:
I suppose Lewis's pitstop being 4/10ths slower than Nico's was part of the strategy too... Lol..

cat


no the strategy was to pit rosberg and he comes out behind the williams who hopefully would hold him up for at least 2 laps or rosberg takes a lunge that slows him down by 1 second

maybe you have some sort of other explanation for the combination of pitting rosberg so he comes behind mass AND THEN keeping hamilton out for an extra lap knowing rosberg was in traffic What a Face

if massa didnt pit then do you think rosbergs win would be in danger? he had 2 seconds to play with ffs

Nico was desperate to pit, his tyres were shot and he said so...   HE had the choice before Hamilton as he was ahead in the race...

You just hate LH mate and will say anything to dis him even when he has a bad day and Nico drives perfectly...

cat
avatar
Zag

Messages : 3209
Points : 9103
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:03 am

OMG, I wasn't aware of this!

In Graz, an hour's drive from the Red Bull Ring, a car ploughed at high speed into a huge crowd of formula one fans, killing three people including a toddler and injuring at least 34, ten seriously.

http://www.newsonf1.co.uk/2015/news/Jun/article_Austrian_F1_fans_killed_in_horror_incident.html

Shocked
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Gary on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:16 am

Zag wrote:
Kimi, please swap places with Alonso..  


He tried his very best in race to do just that!

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:58 pm

F1 forever wrote:Nico of course confirmed my (rather obvious) assessment after the race.

mercedes confirmed my assessment when they told lewis after the race on the radio What a Face  "its not the result we wanted but we'll take P2" What a Face  Laughing

they have 1 strategy guy james vowles doing strategy for both cars, so there should be nobody in that mercedes team that doesnt want that result, the guy who said that is also working for rosbergs race

so the guy who is doing strategy for rosberg doesnt want a rosberg mercedes 1-2

also didnt ted kravitz also report during the situation that mercedes had some sort of code strategy in full implementation over the radio, ted kravitz reported it as "strategy 9"

so that could mean anything but there was something interesting going on there, maybe mercedes were trying to get the result that they wanted
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Zag on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:17 pm

Gary wrote:
Zag wrote:
Kimi, please swap places with Alonso..  


He tried his very best in race to do just that!

mrgreen

cat
avatar
Zag

Messages : 3209
Points : 9103
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Gary on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:52 pm

Razz

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:28 pm

What a bunch of BS, Rodzilla. You're not a newbie at F1, so you know exactly who the guy is that's talking to Lewis most of the time on the radio, and why of course he'd say that. That's how all F1 teams work internally.

I'm not going to waste any more time on this. You're obviously just trolling.

Rosberg himself said it all - as do the results. eos
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:44 pm

Rosberg:

"Only 10 points to Lewis so it's getting close, and anyway, a long way to go and everything's possible, that's good."

Of course, the only reason that it's 10 PTS, not 27 PTS, is because Mercedes called Lewis in for an unnecessary pit stop in Monaco.

It was interesting to hear that in Austria, they had long discussions about calling in Lewis for a second stop again (because of the 5-second-penalty). While they ultimately decided not to do it, I wonder where Lewis would have ended up this time around...4th?
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:20 am

F1 forever wrote:What a bunch of BS, Rodzilla. You're not a newbie at F1, so you know exactly who the guy is that's talking to Lewis most of the time on the radio, and why of course he'd say that. That's how all F1 teams work internally.

I'm not going to waste any more time on this. You're obviously just trolling.

Rosberg himself said it all - as do the results. eos

no all the teams have separate teams for each cars, essentially they are working against each other and the race engineer who talks to the driver is working solely for that driver

but mercedes have 1 guy for both drivers (pressumably to control the race for lewis advantage), that guy also talks to rosberg during the race with his strategy, so he should be totally impartial but he literally said he didnt want a rosberg 1-2 result

thats like if toto wolf got on the radio after the race and said that result wasnt what he wanted
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Rosberg:

"I've won three of the last four races, which is awesome," he told Bild newspaper. "Now I can't wait until Silverstone -- only ten points behind Lewis!"

Here's hoping that 17 PTS swing will be reversed soon enough so the WDC picture becomes more indicative of actual driver performance again.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by nav on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 am

F1 forever wrote:Rosberg:

"I've won three of the last four races, which is awesome," he told Bild newspaper. "Now I can't wait until Silverstone -- only ten points behind Lewis!"

Here's hoping that 17 PTS swing will be reversed soon enough so the WDC picture becomes more indicative of actual driver performance again.

The more he speaks, the more he reveals his lack of class. Which isn't too surprising...after Monaco and Spa last year.

nav

Messages : 471
Points : 1884
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Gary on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 pm

nav wrote:
F1 forever wrote:Rosberg:

"I've won three of the last four races, which is awesome," he told Bild newspaper. "Now I can't wait until Silverstone -- only ten points behind Lewis!"

Here's hoping that 17 PTS swing will be reversed soon enough so the WDC picture becomes more indicative of actual driver performance again.

The more he speaks, the more he reveals his lack of class. Which isn't too surprising...after Monaco and Spa last year.

Woe be Merc since while their drivers are top of the litter (at least currently), they have no class. Twisted Evil

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by nav on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Gary wrote:
nav wrote:
F1 forever wrote:Rosberg:

"I've won three of the last four races, which is awesome," he told Bild newspaper. "Now I can't wait until Silverstone -- only ten points behind Lewis!"

Here's hoping that 17 PTS swing will be reversed soon enough so the WDC picture becomes more indicative of actual driver performance again.

The more he speaks, the more he reveals his lack of class. Which isn't too surprising...after Monaco and Spa last year.

Woe be Merc since while their drivers are top of the litter (at least currently), they have no class. Twisted Evil

True, but at least they still know how to drive an F1 car unlike Kimi.

nav

Messages : 471
Points : 1884
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by F1 forever on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:08 pm

nav wrote:
The more he speaks, the more he reveals his lack of class. Which isn't too surprising...after Monaco and Spa last year.

His "Monaco hat-trick" is about as farcical as can be. Didn't stop him from bragging about it on German TV. If "rosberg" were a verb...
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2015

Post by Gary on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:17 pm

nav wrote:
Gary wrote:
nav wrote:
F1 forever wrote:Rosberg:

"I've won three of the last four races, which is awesome," he told Bild newspaper. "Now I can't wait until Silverstone -- only ten points behind Lewis!"

Here's hoping that 17 PTS swing will be reversed soon enough so the WDC picture becomes more indicative of actual driver performance again.

The more he speaks, the more he reveals his lack of class. Which isn't too surprising...after Monaco and Spa last year.

Woe be Merc since while their drivers are top of the litter (at least currently), they have no class. Twisted Evil

True, but at least they still know how to drive an F1 car unlike Kimi.


Good effort nav, but whenever you say something like this when both Kimi and Lewis are in question, I flashback to Montreal and Razz


_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum