RIP Jules Bianchi

Go down

RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by 00521 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:31 am

avatar
00521

Messages : 1281
Points : 5468
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Age : 98
Localisation : Santa Fe & Hawaii, U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Jarnooo on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:14 pm

RIP Jules.

I feel as though, a great as it would have been for him to pull through, to see him living with poor quality of life could have been even more sad.

_________________
avatar
Jarnooo

Messages : 2298
Points : 9145
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 27
Localisation : Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by KoKiNa on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:33 pm

It's a pity that the miracle we all expected never happened.
All my support for his family and friends to keep on living with that great pain forever.

RIP Jules. Always in our hearts.


avatar
KoKiNa

Messages : 1876
Points : 7129
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 102
Localisation : Somewhere at 360 km/h...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by F1 forever on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:38 pm

Jarnooo wrote:RIP Jules.

I feel as though, a great as it would have been for him to pull through, to see him living with poor quality of life could have been even more sad.

You could tell when his father was interviewed a week or so ago and stated that Jules would have been better off dying right away...it was clear that all hope was lost.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by 00521 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Such a sad tragedy, and He was such a rare talent.

Brilliant, humble, very good personality.

I still remember his last lap in the rain, just before he went off.

May Jules forever Rest in Peace.


00521
avatar
00521

Messages : 1281
Points : 5468
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Age : 98
Localisation : Santa Fe & Hawaii, U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Gary on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:07 pm

always sad, and he had great potential

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

...

Post by 00521 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Gary wrote:always sad, and he had great potential

Yes, Gary.

I really am without words... on this one.

His accident was so unreal.



Be Well, Dear Friend... Blessings to You and Yours.

Life is Too Short.


00521
avatar
00521

Messages : 1281
Points : 5468
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Age : 98
Localisation : Santa Fe & Hawaii, U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by F1 forever on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:26 am

avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by 00521 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:35 am

avatar
00521

Messages : 1281
Points : 5468
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Age : 98
Localisation : Santa Fe & Hawaii, U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by 00521 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:08 pm

I think what gets me most is that the accident was 100% avoidable.

They should NOT have used a front loader to get Sutil's car.

A crane could have lifted it from BEHIND the barricades and then poor Jules would NEVER have hit it.

The incredible deceleration and DOWNWARD thrust to ZERO under the front loader was a combined equivalent of 254Gs.

The track officials in Japan should have been sacked after this stupidity.


foxsports" / "Auto Motor und Sport wrote:

THE TRUE SEVERITY OF BIANCHI’S FATAL CRASH
Jules Bianchi passed away late last week having failed to regain consciousness after a crash at Suzuka last year, where his Marussia hit a recovery crane that was in the process of removing Adrian Sutil’s crashed Sauber from the circuit.

G-sensors in Bianchi’s ear plugs registered an impact of 92G, but the report found they had slipped due to the severity of the impact.

By their calculations, the investigators believe the force of the impact was in fact 254G.

“It’s as if you drop a car from 48 metres to the ground. With no crumple zone,” FIA technical adviser Andy Mellor said.

An extensive investigation into the crash, conducted by a 10-man panel led by the president of the FIA’s safety commission Peter Wright, handed down a 396-page report late last year. The conclusions of the report were published last December, but more details of their findings have been revealed by German outlet Auto Motor und Sport.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/daten-zum-bianchi-unfall-9826939.html
avatar
00521

Messages : 1281
Points : 5468
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Age : 98
Localisation : Santa Fe & Hawaii, U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Mika-Juan-Kimi on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:27 am

Man what a talent he was. So sad about his demise. Like 00521 said this accident was entirely avoidable. its one of the things in F1 thats completely wrong. Any stranded car any accident should be FULL COURSE YELLOW. So stupid that F1 is behind like every other racing series in the world.
avatar
Mika-Juan-Kimi

Messages : 769
Points : 3227
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Gary on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:01 am

00521 wrote:I think what gets me most is that the accident was 100% avoidable.

They should NOT have used a front loader to get Sutil's car.

A crane could have lifted it from BEHIND the barricades and then poor Jules would NEVER have hit it.

The incredible deceleration and DOWNWARD thrust to ZERO under the front loader was a combined equivalent of 254Gs.

The track officials in Japan should have been sacked after this stupidity.


foxsports\" / "Auto Motor und Sport wrote:

THE TRUE SEVERITY OF BIANCHI’S FATAL CRASH
Jules Bianchi passed away late last week having failed to regain consciousness after a crash at Suzuka last year, where his Marussia hit a recovery crane that was in the process of removing Adrian Sutil’s crashed Sauber from the circuit.

G-sensors in Bianchi’s ear plugs registered an impact of 92G, but the report found they had slipped due to the severity of the impact.

By their calculations, the investigators believe the force of the impact was in fact 254G.

“It’s as if you drop a car from 48 metres to the ground. With no crumple zone,” FIA technical adviser Andy Mellor said.

An extensive investigation into the crash, conducted by a 10-man panel led by the president of the FIA’s safety commission Peter Wright, handed down a 396-page report late last year. The conclusions of the report were published last December, but more details of their findings have been revealed by German outlet Auto Motor und Sport.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/daten-zum-bianchi-unfall-9826939.html



You are right on all accounts, however I would like to say one more thing, and I do not think I am dissing Jules.
He should have slowed because of yellow flags! Some part of fault in this accident is his also. But again, no finger pointing,
but one can't set all blame on track officials.


_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Jarnooo on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:59 am

Mika-Juan-Kimi wrote:Man what a talent he was. So sad about his demise. Like 00521 said this accident was entirely avoidable. its one of the things in F1 thats completely wrong. Any stranded car any accident should be FULL COURSE YELLOW. So stupid that F1 is behind like every other racing series in the world.

I know it was a combination of factors, but every driver should be slowing down severely in a double waved yellow zone. Jules didn't and unfortunately it contributed to his death. F1 drivers for a long time now have almost entirely disregarded this rule, and the drivers, teams and FIA have totally put the health and safety of every track marshal and the drivers themselves at risk. Shame on the FIA for not acting on this for so many years.

Thank god for the VSC, although they are having similar problems with it. Flying through one section and crawling through another to meet that delta time. It completely defeats the purpose if a driver is allowed to go full speed at any point during the VSC. Just use the pit lane speed limiter, or a secondary speed limiter, for a constant low speed period. Seems so simple, right?

_________________
avatar
Jarnooo

Messages : 2298
Points : 9145
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 27
Localisation : Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Zag on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:53 am

Isn't there a way that all cars could be switched to a different engine map remotely?

If they already had a special SC map on the ECU it could be activated via Wi-Fi
by the race director immediately there was a problem on the track.
I can turn my home heating up or down, on or off from many miles away so to my
(simple) mind it seems as though possible...

One switch to affect all cars.... or Mosely would be sneaking in and flicking the McLaren
switch to make them trundle round all race....  (hmmm.. maybe he has already flicked it........)

cat
avatar
Zag

Messages : 3209
Points : 9103
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by KoKiNa on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Gary wrote:

You are right on all accounts, however I would like to say one more thing, and I do not think I am dissing Jules.
He should have slowed because of yellow flags! Some part of fault in this accident is his also. But again, no finger pointing,
but one can't set all blame on track officials.


I do not agree. He died because of the hugh crash with a crane that should never have been there. Simply.
You also can say it could have been avoided if Jules have not raced that day...
Will you say Sutil is guilty for crashing before causing the crane action?
And track officials are not to be blamed, F1 organization are...
avatar
KoKiNa

Messages : 1876
Points : 7129
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 102
Localisation : Somewhere at 360 km/h...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by F1 forever on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Gary wrote:
You are right on all accounts, however I would like to say one more thing, and I do not think I am dissing Jules.
He should have slowed because of yellow flags! Some part of fault in this accident is his also. But again, no finger pointing,
but one can't set all blame on track officials.


The track officials merely did their job, and they did it to the best of their knowledge and thus ability at the time.

Jules Bianchi’s failure to slow down enough has been blamed as the main cause of his horrific crash in the Japanese Grand Prix, the major investigation into his accident has found, as the commission of experts cleared the race officials of any wrongdoing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/11271389/Jules-Bianchis-failure-to-slow-down-was-reason-behind-his-crash-claims-FIA-panel-investigating-F1-drivers-accident.html
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Jarnooo on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Zag wrote:Isn't there a way that all cars could be switched to a different engine map remotely?

If they already had a special SC map on the ECU it could be activated via Wi-Fi
by the race director immediately there was a problem on the track.
I can turn my home heating up or down, on or off from many miles away so to my
(simple) mind it seems as though possible...

One switch to affect all cars.... or Mosely would be sneaking in and flicking the McLaren
switch to make them trundle round all race....  (hmmm.. maybe he has already flicked it........)

cat

I don't think anyone but the driver should be making those changes.

_________________
avatar
Jarnooo

Messages : 2298
Points : 9145
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 27
Localisation : Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Gary on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:08 pm

KoKiNa wrote:
Gary wrote:

You are right on all accounts, however I would like to say one more thing, and I do not think I am dissing Jules.
He should have slowed because of yellow flags! Some part of fault in this accident is his also. But again, no finger pointing,
but one can't set all blame on track officials.


I do not agree. He died because of the hugh crash with a crane that should never have been there. Simply.
You also can say it could have been avoided if Jules have not raced that day...
Will you say Sutil is guilty for crashing before causing the crane action?
And track officials are not to be blamed, F1 organization are...

Hi Kokita, this thread is not for this, so I mention only this: every decision a driver does is F1 Organizations fault? None of it drivers' themselves? They do not wave those flags, and flash those lights, on side of track because it is Mardi Grass you know...

Now Jules made a small mistake. He was young, on his way to top in sports he loves and was starting to excel. All drivers do those mistakes, especially early on their careers. RIP Jules!




_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Zag on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Jarnooo wrote:
I don't think anyone but the driver should be making those changes.

I disagree...  All drivers have shown time and again that they lift off for the briefest of time, slowing by a
couple of tenths at most.

I am not a talking about and on off switch as such, they would be slowed progressively..

Of course the truck shouldn't have been anywhere near the track, but Jules did not slow down more
than the seemingly acceptable few tenths, made a mistake and this awful tragedy happened.

cat
avatar
Zag

Messages : 3209
Points : 9103
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by Jarnooo on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:15 am

Have you ever been in a vehicle when suddenly it loses power? You start to think "oh shit, what the hell is going on?". I wouldn't want that feeling to hit me at 300kp/h! Let alone going through Eau Rouge, 130R, going side by side through a corner, etc.

It would be simple for the drivers. Once the VSC boards came out and VSC flashed on their steering wheels, they have 5 seconds to enable the speed limiter and get below, say, 100km/h. Disqualification from the race if you don't comply. I don't think remote assistance for that is necessary. It would only add another unnecessary moment of doubt and danger.

_________________
avatar
Jarnooo

Messages : 2298
Points : 9145
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 27
Localisation : Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RIP Jules Bianchi

Post by 00521 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:23 am

His Uncle...

The Great 1968 Le Mans Winner, Lucien Bianchi...

Ironically, a similar tragic death.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1873&dat=19690329&id=PbQtAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ocsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3773,7729860&hl=en


Rest in Peace Jules,

You are missed.

00521
avatar
00521

Messages : 1281
Points : 5468
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Age : 98
Localisation : Santa Fe & Hawaii, U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum