Suzuka... Poorest TV Coverage - EVER-???

Go down

Suzuka... Poorest TV Coverage - EVER-???

Post by 00521 on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 01:40

We never got to see much of the race at the front, and though I thought that the camera coverage of the race was beyond poor, this has (sort of) happened before.

However, today, we hear that the race leaders were possibly, 'deliberately', only covered for 5+ (FIVE) minutes of the 1 hr 30 min race.  (LOL)

OK.
-Years ago... El Supremo cut certain European F-1 nation's tracks, and these were all STAUNCH F-1 nations.
-Then he created expensive new tracks and races in other lands, where there was NO F-1 fanbase... like Bahrain, India, Korea.
-Then He arbitrarily cut some expensively built new tracks and races in those new venues, with No Recourse.
-Now he has actually cut the global TV broadcast signal feed.???- just to punish certain teams???

Fans are already leaving the sport in droves, and I can't say that I blame them, as this is getting absurd.

Lets STOP here.

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Lauda-to-confront-Ecclestone-over-Mercedes-blackout,95758.html

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suzuka... Poorest TV Coverage - EVER-???

Post by Jarnooo on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 04:34

Was this the poorest coverage every? Absolutely not.

We've lived through the years where the director would follow Michael Schumacher leading the race by 10+ seconds for 70% of the race, missing exciting midfield battles on a weekly basis. One race passes where me miss the Rosberg/Vettel battle, a battle that wasn't even as closely fought as the midfield battles that were actually being shown, and suddenly coverage is poor and there's a conspiracy.

Yesterday we were constantly shown close fights. We saw a lot of Red Bull, STR and McLaren, but this is because they were constantly have battles on the track, whilst Hamilton was leading by miles.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 00521 on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 09:53

Jarnooo wrote:Was this the poorest coverage every? Absolutely not.

We've lived through the years where the director would follow Michael Schumacher leading the race by 10+ seconds for 70% of the race, missing exciting midfield battles on a weekly basis. One race passes where me miss the Rosberg/Vettel battle, a battle that wasn't even as closely fought as the midfield battles that were actually being shown, and suddenly coverage is poor and there's a conspiracy.

Yesterday we were constantly shown close fights. We saw a lot of Red Bull, STR and McLaren, but this is because they were constantly have battles on the track, whilst Hamilton was leading by miles.

Hi Jarnooo... I agree.. we suffered through an entire decade of Schumi only shots... Nobody wants THAT again, obviously... but this race coverage was a little different.

Mercedes, having cruised to a one-two at Suzuka after its Singapore slump, was not alone in wondering why the silver cars were on screen for precisely 5 minutes and 56 seconds of the almost 90-minute coverage from lights to flag.

"I can’t say much but even the pitstop of Lewis (Hamilton) - the leader - we only saw him driving out. We didn’t even see how they changed the wheels," said Lauda, the F1 legend and Mercedes team chairman.

RTL, the free-to-air broadcaster in Germany, also admitted its concerns publicly.

"Of course we would have liked to show our viewers more pictures from the front (of the race), but we have no influence on the international signal. We have to take it as it comes," spokesman Matthias Bolhofer told Welt newspaper.

The theory immediately after the race was that Ecclestone, whose company Formula One Management controls the so-called television ’world feed’, had ordered the blackout in retaliation for Mercedes not supplying engines to crisis-struck Red Bull.

Personally, I always think the top positions...  1-5 are far more important than say... 9-13.

I would have loved to have seen the Kimi vs. Rosberg fight in more detail... How about Bottas?

Even Hamilton / Vettel / Rosberg / Kimi pitstops...

I mean... (LOL)

It WAS patently bad coverage.

Cool

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 11:16

I have been saying it on the other thread...

I don't expect to see LH alone up front for lap after lap but do expect to see him
every now and again... to see his second corner dice with NR... to see his pit stops...
to see his mistakes.. (he had flat spotted his tyres somewhere hence the vibration
he reported on the radio)
To see the top 5 every now and again especially when there is a chance they are
catching the guy in front (even is it doesn't work out).

Again, like I said, most of these teams are ultimately in the sport for the advertising it
brings them and if TV gives them no or little coverage they will think of a different outlet
for all their money.

Bernie shows yet again that he hasn't got a clue..

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 14:48

I couldn't give a stuff about the top 5 if they are a second away from eachother and cars further down the field are dicing away with much closer gaps. Sure, cut away every now and then so we know they still exist, but certainly keep the cameras on the better fight.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 18:43

Sure, keep the cameras on the fights wherever they may be but not ignore
the leaders completely as they did at this last race....

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lightmas on Tue 29 Sep 2015, 22:12

I missed Hamilton so much in the race. I still cry about it.
lightmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 03:41

lightmas wrote:I missed Hamilton so much in the race. I still cry about it.

Laughing Laughing

As long as I can see 1.HAM | +10.425 2. ROS I don't really need to see the "action", not when there's more entertaining stuff to watch.

Don't worry though, if history is anything to go by, there will be no entertaining battles in Sochi, so we will have plenty of time to watch Hamilton, Rosberg and Putin.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 18:02

Since this whole issue got so much attention, whatever happened in Japan won't happen again.

Broadcasters like Sky even felt the need to formally apologize to its viewers! This is pretty rare (not sure I've ever seen that before in F1)!
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 03:36

I feel as though we will be seeing much more of the leaders than will be needed next week. Oh hey, it's Hamilton again, still 7 seconds ahead of Rosberg. Yay.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Thu 08 Oct 2015, 23:36

Better TV coverage promised:

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Ecclestone-promised-better-TV-coverage-for-Sochi-Lauda,96094.html

I hope they actually stick to the strategy of primarily showing the on-track battles no matter where they happen, but completely ignoring the cars that are fighting for the title was absurd.

F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaySinKa on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 17:33

Well the top teams had plenty of chances to get TV exposure and put on a show for their fans!

But they didn't seem to want to! Very Happy

Gone over to Moto GP!

Where they race in the rain.
Ride flat out.
Overtake using speed and skill.

Bye, Bye.

Ray
RaySinKa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum