FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:23 pm

Conclusion from FP3 (F1.com):

An intriguing session then - it seems perfectly poised heading into qualifying, with four drivers and three teams finishing within 0.211s of the top spot, and four other drivers getting within 0.7s of the ultimate pace. Absolutely no margin for error then - just the way we like it.

Rosberg, Hamilton, Ricciardo and Vettel make up the Top 4...
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Gary on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:36 pm

Hola! Why the F*** is English forum link here? You guys hijacked us? mrgreen

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Gary on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:38 pm

HAH, this trick would not have worked so well, except I just before coming here actually mistakenly clicked myself to Spanish forum, so this headline in Spanish threw me off when I finally arrived back here.

LOL

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:36 am

Very Happy

It's just the official name of the race!

Quali results

1 Nico Rosberg › Mercedes › 1.19.480 ---
2 Lewis Hamilton › Mercedes › 1.19.668 + 0.188
3 Sebastian Vettel › Ferrari › 1.19.850 + 0.370
4 Daniil Kwjat › Red Bull › 1.20.398 + 0.918
5 Daniel Ricciardo › Red Bull › 1.20.399 + 0.919
6 Valtteri Bottas › Williams › 1.20.448 + 0.968
7 Felipe Massa › Williams › 1.20.567 + 1.087
8 Max Verstappen › Toro Rosso › 1.20.710 + 1.230
9 Sergio Perez › Force India › 1.20.716 + 1.236
10 Nico Hülkenberg › Force India › 1.20.788 + 1.308
11 C. Sainz › Toro Rosso › 1.20.942 ---
12 R. Grosjean › Lotus › 1.21.038 + 0.096
13 P. Maldonado › Lotus › 1.21.261 + 0.319
14 M. Ericsson › Sauber › 1.21.544 + 0.602
15 K. Räikkönen › Ferrari › 1.22.494 + 1.552
16 F. Alonso › McLaren › 1.21.779 ---
17 F. Nasr › Sauber › 1.21.788 + 0.009
18 A. Rossi › Manor-Marussia › 1.24.136 + 2.357
19 W. Stevens › Manor-Marussia › 1.24.386 + 2.607
20 J. Button › McLaren ›

Quali was boring because everybody was just driving all the time and it was hard to tell who was on a fast lap, and then for some reason the last quali attempts were pretty underwhelming for the guys at the top, with no improvements whatsoever. Was it just my impression, or were the Mercedes pretty much ignored again, despite fighting for the top spots?

At least we'll have 3 world champions starting from the back of the grid (Button, Alonso, Kimi) due to penalties and whatnot.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:42 am

I heard the race is expected to be dry, but maybe there's a chance for some rain?
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:45 am

Wow, Kwjat absolutely DESTROYED Ricciardo in quali! Shocked
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:47 am

I hope Mercedes doesn't go with some stupid team order to secure 2nd in the championship for Rosberg...
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Gary on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:47 am

F1 forever wrote:Wow, Kwjat absolutely DESTROYED Ricciardo in quali! Shocked

Totally!

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:58 pm

I think Button won the grid penalty wars. 70 for him vs. 35 for Kimi was the count last time I checked.

Kimi starting with a fresh engine. Could be some good action from him, at least as long as he can stay in the race.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Fuck...puncture for Vettel! Mad
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:35 pm

F1 forever wrote:Kimi starting with a fresh engine. Could be some good action from him, at least as long as he can stay in the race.

AND...that's it again for Kimi. Another DNF.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:13 pm

lol hamilton the baby is going to cry about mercedes costing him the race

this is normal behavior to keep both mercedes on the same strategy, but lewis wanted mercedes strategy help to win the race like a cheater
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:16 pm

AND...Vettel out, too. The Ferrari are such a letdown today!
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:46 pm

woot woot good win rosberg

i cant wait to hear lewis complain about the situation, keep in mind that if it was reversed and he made a precautionary pitstop while leading and rosberg tried to race until the end then lewis would have a heart attack and/or a meltdown
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Rodzilla wrote:woot woot good win rosberg

Yeah, with Mercedes having already secured the constructors title, Lewis having secured the WDC and Pole Position Trophy as well as earning the most season wins, now he finally manages to win a race from pole position.

Lewis should have a tough time motivating himself for the remaining races, just like we saw with Vettel today. The top drivers need to have the real trophy to play for to excel in the way they usually do.


Last edited by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Rodzilla wrote:i cant wait to hear lewis complain about the situation, keep in mind that if it was reversed and he made a precautionary pitstop while leading and rosberg tried to race until the end

Well, actually that already happened this season, gifting Rosberg a completely undeserved Monaco victory while narrowing the championship gap by 17 PTS. No surprise Hamilton shows some skepticism especially with the team making it clear they want to see a Rosberg win this weekend.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:09 pm

F1 forever wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:i cant wait to hear lewis complain about the situation, keep in mind that if it was reversed and he made a precautionary pitstop while leading and rosberg tried to race until the end

Well, actually that already happened this season, gifting Rosberg a completely undeserved Monaco victory while narrowing the championship gap by 17 PTS. No surprise Hamilton shows some skepticism especially with the team making it clear they want to see a Rosberg win this weekend.

the monaco situation is very different, including mercedes telling hamilton to stay out but lewis recommending that he stop in a confusing situation

but when both mercedes are way ahead and they are getting prepared for a precaution stop, lewis saying that he could have won when he got ahead is irrelevant, rosberg pitted with full expectation and understanding that lewis would follow

its not surprising that lewis does not even understand this basic idea of F1 sportsmanship because he has always thought of nothing but himself, this is as basic as if someone started complaining that the lead driver got the preferential pitstop
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Rodzilla wrote:
but when both mercedes are way ahead and they are getting prepared for a precaution stop, lewis saying that he could have won when he got ahead is irrelevant, rosberg pitted with full expectation and understanding that lewis would follow

He did? Do you have a quote? It would have been nice to at least partially reverse the Monaco call, but I guess Lewis is fine with winning the big one again this season.

And btw, this race showed once again that the strategists are solely responsible for those calls - they are making the decisions, it's not up to the drivers.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:22 pm

F1 forever wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:
but when both mercedes are way ahead and they are getting prepared for a precaution stop, lewis saying that he could have won when he got ahead is irrelevant, rosberg pitted with full expectation and understanding that lewis would follow

He did? Do you have a quote?

And btw, this race showed once again that the strategists are solely responsible for those calls - it's not up to the drivers.

he didnt want to pit in = he wanted to race on and try an unsportsmanlike win, i think its clear he would have won or had a great chance if he continued the rogue move and the safety car didnt come out, but lewis knew full well that rosberg only pit because he thought he would do the same

luckily hamilton finally complied but its the thought that counts, and lewis thought about stealing the win

avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Rodzilla wrote:luckily hamilton finally complied but its the thought that counts, and lewis thought about stealing the win

He felt his tyres were fine (and lap times were very good). Pretty natural to think of staying out, from a driver's perspective. Winning races (and hopefully more championships) is what they're paying him the big bucks for at Mercedes. For everything else, they have the strategy calls.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:37 pm

F1 forever wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:luckily hamilton finally complied but its the thought that counts, and lewis thought about stealing the win

He felt his tyres were fine (and lap times were very good). Pretty natural to think of staying out, from a driver's perspective. Winning races (and hopefully more championships) is what they're paying him the big bucks for at Mercedes.

the long established mercedes rules is that when the race is 1-2 under control, that both drivers maintain the same strategy

so when hamilton sees rosberg has pitted then there is no debate, its very obvious to me
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Rodzilla wrote:the long established mercedes rules is that when the race is 1-2 under control, that both drivers maintain the same strategy

so when hamilton sees rosberg has pitted then there is no debate, its very obvious to me

You're sitting on the couch. Hamilton is in the middle of a F1 race, fighting for every fraction of a second. Not exactly the same mindset.

Nothing wrong about Hamilton thinking about different strategies to win the race - especially since he doesn't have a say in the matter anyway.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by Rodzilla on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:54 pm

F1 forever wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:the long established mercedes rules is that when the race is 1-2 under control, that both drivers maintain the same strategy

so when hamilton sees rosberg has pitted then there is no debate, its very obvious to me

You're sitting on the couch. Hamilton is in the middle of a F1 race, fighting for every fraction of a second. Not exactly the same mindset.

Nothing wrong about Hamilton thinking about different strategies to win the race - especially since he doesn't have a say in the matter anyway.

no trust me its very obvious to hamilton as well, he wanted to go against a very known mercedes rule that limits race strategy creativity

they even have 1 race strategy guy so that everything is extra controlled

btw how did you know that i was sitting on the couch, that is freaky, i could have been anywhere What a Face
avatar
Rodzilla

Messages : 803
Points : 3344
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:15 am

Rodzilla wrote:btw how did you know that i was sitting on the couch, that is freaky, i could have been anywhere What a Face

I also see dead people. It's a gift! mrgreen

Really I wouldn't fault a driver for trying to win races in whatever legal way possible. Did he have a chance to get his strategy call reversed? Of course not. But I don't blame him for trying!  

Now, if he would have ignored the call and raced to the end, regardless of the result, he'd have been an idiot, and would have deserved a big fine (like Rosberg got for Spa last season).

And if you assume it's obvious to Hamilton even in that situation, then you'll also have to admit he must have known there's no chance he gets the call reversed. After all, he would know that

they even have 1 race strategy guy so that everything is extra controlled

So it's much ado about nothing. He got the call, Mercedes got the result they wanted, and even Vettel played along.

Now there's not even the dubious battle for 2nd left in the championship.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2015

Post by F1 forever on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:20 am

Meh, with Rossi robbed of championship hopes, I guess I have only Formula E left to cheer for!
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum