FORMULA 1 - GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2016

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: FORMULA 1 - GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2016

Post by Rodzilla on Wed May 18, 2016 8:22 pm

btw only an idiot or a kamikaze would keep going onto the grass when room was running out instead of backing off
Rodzilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Wed May 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Your theory is perfect... many 3 time world champions get jealous...

Kamikaze? So he meant to take Rosberg out? Good plan, that'd get him a heap of points..

Anyone know if Nico is in charge of parking at Monaco this year?

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodzilla on Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm

Zag wrote:Your theory is perfect... many 3 time world champions get jealous...

Kamikaze? So he meant to take Rosberg out? Good plan, that'd get him a heap of points..

cat

1) many 3 time world champions dont find themselves behind their teammate

2) Between the Mercedes drivers the points situation is all relative, when rosberg took the lead he most probably can easily control the race from there, so that is a -7pt result for hamilton, taking him out brings that to even so it is a no risk situation and he had at least 7pts to gain and maybe 14pts if it worked

for more information on the kamikaze strategy look at damon hill taking out schumacher from behind a couple of times in 1995 to prevent himself going further behind in the championship

3) is hamilton enjoying the rosberg mechanics this year?
Rodzilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 00521 on Wed May 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Dave wrote:Yes if Graham Hill hadn't died two years after Jackie Stewart retied, he might have prevented him from becoming champion... :?

00521 wrote:Yes,

IMHO, Jackie Stewart was only WDC multiple times only because Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Bruce McLaren, Lorenzo Bandini, Joachim Rindt and a few others got killed off or injured in very rapid succession while he was on his way to the top.

Graham Hill was never quite the same after his extremely violent '69 USGP crash.

He had felt something at the rear of the car... spontaneously stopped to check his rear suspension on the 49. Got back in the car w/o fastening his belts, planning to pit and have it checked out. It was his tire... slowly deflating.

On the main straight, his rear tire blew and completely launched the car.  Unbelted, he was thrown clear from the car landed and somehow survived. The crash shattered both legs. From the hospital he told someone to inform his wife...
"Tell Betty that I won't be dancing for a few weeks".  ;-)

A real man, he willed himself back into a seat with Rob Walker for '70, but the difference was definitely there. (How could it NOT be???).

His former Team Lotus teammate... Rindt was sadly POSTHUMOUS champion in '70.

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Wed May 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Rodzilla wrote:

cat

2) Between the Mercedes drivers the points situation is all relative, when rosberg took the lead he most probably can easily control the race from there, so that is a -7pt result for hamilton, taking him out brings that to even so it is a no risk situation and he had at least 7pts to gain and maybe 14pts if it worked

for more information on the kamikaze strategy look at damon hill taking out schumacher from behind a couple of times in 1995 to prevent himself going further behind in the championship

1. Because of the slipstream effect Lewis let Nico pass safely into the first turn.. (knowing he would get him later..)

2. Don't be silly.. Lewis doesn't think about points while racing, he just wants to win.. and would have done if Nico
   hadn't pushed him off the track, while going slowly, because the dummkopf had selected the wrong engine mode at the start..

3. Really don't know Mercedes thinking on this one... but Lewis seems to have full confidence in them..

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Thu May 19, 2016 2:10 am

Here we go:

Lewis Hamilton will be unable to participate for Mercedes at the 2016 in-season test at Silverstone after Nico Rosberg and Pascal Wehrlein drove for the Silver Arrows in Barcelona.

That last-minute driver switch (Wehrlein instead of Ocon) made sure Lewis will not be allowed to test in Silverstone as previously planned.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodzilla on Thu May 19, 2016 5:30 am

Zag wrote:
Rodzilla wrote:

cat

1. Because of the slipstream effect Lewis let Nico pass safely into the first turn.. (knowing he would get him later..)

2. Don't be silly.. Lewis doesn't think about points while racing, he just wants to win.. and would have done if Nico
   hadn't pushed him off the track, while going slowly, because the dummkopf had selected the wrong engine mode at the start..

3. Really don't know Mercedes thinking on this one... but Lewis seems to have full confidence in them..

cat

lol you dont know about F1 if you think lewis wasnt desperate to get into turn 1 in the lead, they both know that the race is decided after the first corner and turn 4 is not an overtaking corner so it wasnt some master plan to retake the place there, you have to get through turn 3 in the dirty air so thats why you dont see passing

after rosberg did something that lewis said would never happen again (passing around the outside like massa hungary 2008), lewis then went crazy because he started thinking about losing 7 more points in the championship and rosberg collecting another race win, that craziness was in full effect when he drove himself onto the grass after rosberg defended his position, a non crazy person would back off and be happy to trust their "hammer time"

btw if you want to talk about stupid engine settings, how about lewis throwing away a big championship lead in the championship finale by hitting the speed limiter, that is the most idiot move of all time slightly ahead of lewis hitting raikkonen in the pitlane in 2008
Rodzilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Thu May 19, 2016 10:55 am

I didn't say he 'wanted' Nico to pass in the first corner, just that Lewis knew full well he
was faster at that point and gave him room as he didn't want a collision..

I still maintain Lewis would be thinking about getting the lead back but not what it meant
points wise...  It was Nico's fault that a passing opportunity happened a lot faster than
anyone would have thought, being in the wrong engine mode, and Lewis went for the gap
which to my mind was over-defended by Nico..

I am sure they have both made many mistakes throughout their careers but we are taking
about Spain here..

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodzilla on Fri May 20, 2016 12:53 am

Zag wrote:I didn't say he 'wanted' Nico to pass in the first corner, just that Lewis knew full well he
was faster at that point and gave him room as he didn't want a collision..

I still maintain Lewis would be thinking about getting the lead back but not what it meant
points wise...  It was Nico's fault that a passing opportunity happened a lot faster than
anyone would have thought, being in the wrong engine mode, and Lewis went for the gap
which to my mind was over-defended by Nico..

I am sure they have both made many mistakes throughout their careers but we are taking
about Spain here..

cat

i didnt say that you said that he wanted nico to pass, but you said that he let nico pass and that is not correct

lewis tried to brake as late as he could but nico braked later and passed lewis without consent, aka a rape version of passing
Rodzilla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Fri May 20, 2016 10:36 pm

I've followed the discussion on many different boards, and there's a very obvious pattern: Those that do know (and cite from) the sporting regulations all come to the same, accurate conclusion.

The rest is just partisan one way or the other, mostly just making stuff up that is rather nonsensical.

It was fun to see that Lauda, now that he knows the facts (especially the reason why Lewis attacked at that stage), has realized that his original argument ("he should have waited until later!!!") can no longer be upheld without looking extremely stupid in the eyes of other racing drivers.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Sat May 21, 2016 11:28 am

F1 forever wrote:The rest is just partisan one way or the other, mostly just making stuff up that is rather nonsensical.

Hardly nonsensical, surely that's the point of a forum, to discuss things... with a little 'banter' thrown in?

We might be seeing things from one side or another but that is not the same as 'making stuff up'..!

Haven't seen any quotes from Lauda... what is he now saying?

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sat May 21, 2016 1:55 pm

Zag wrote:
Hardly nonsensical, surely that's the point of a forum, to discuss things... with a little 'banter' thrown in?

We might be seeing things from one side or another but that is not the same as 'making stuff up'..!

I'm talking about other boards and discussion forums there! And yes, they are making up tons of stuff there. Like claiming that the rule "explicitly states that you only have to leave room if the front wings of the two cars are aligned with one another". And that nonsense then gets the most "recs".

Zag wrote:Haven't seen any quotes from Lauda... what is he now saying?

He went from "Why in the first lap? That's stupid!!!" to acknowledging Rosberg's mistake with the settings ("Mistakes happen."), but claiming Lewis should have tried it on the left now. I guess he doesn't want to be seen as flip-flopping, saying he can "only sell black and white thinking to the media".
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Sat May 21, 2016 2:08 pm

That's ok then... as long as you didn't mean us!! Smile

I too wish Lewis had tried on the left especially once Rosberg had swerved heavily to
the right and was hoping at the time that LH was throwing him a dummy.. but still not
expecting Rosberg to keep squeezing him onto the grass...

Not sure about Lauda... don't really know why he is at Mercedes or what his role
there is exactly and why he is needed...

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sat May 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Zag wrote:still not expecting Rosberg to keep squeezing him onto the grass...

That's the thing that irks me about it all.

Jacques Villeneuve wrote:“Nico saw Lewis in the mirrors and pushed him onto the grass. You don’t do that."

You can see it in the video I posted. Nico is well aware of the rule, but still deliberately pushes him off the track. I hope it backfires for him.

Not sure about Lauda... don't really know why he is at Mercedes or what his role
there is exactly and why he is needed...

His reputation as a triple world champion, networking, link between Zetsche and the Mercedes F1 team, being the "driver's guy"... it's a bit hard to describe. He can do things that Wolff in his role and with his background simply cannot do (mediator, informal talks on the highest level etc.). Where it becomes problematic is that he still kept his TV pundit role. Conflict of interests...
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sat May 21, 2016 4:10 pm

The new Renault engine sounds interesting. Perhaps 1 engine per team in Monaco already. If it's as good as advertised (and I no longer trust these claims when it comes to engine upgrades after the recent hype vs. results discrepancies), Red Bull might challenge for a front row start.

Although Mercedes always seems to bring something special for Monaco...
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 00521 on Sat May 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Again, a driver pushes another off the track and we are supposed to just close our eyes.
Pretend it did NOT happen.

Now, think of how MUCH things have changed.
For example... 1989... Monaco...
A VERY different Formula One than today.
The incomparable Aryton Senna (McLaren MP4/5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aqbyha1MZQ

-2X the power as today
-Manual gearbox
-1 handed driving
-No paddle shifting  
-No complex aero
-No complex computers
-No KERS
-No DRS
-No HANS
-No elaborate safety
-No constant guidance from the pits
-No prima donna Momma's Boyz
-No FIA race rigging
-No covert cheating
-No driver's aids
-Lots of passing

-REAL MEN
-REAL CARS
-BIG STONES
-REAL SPORT
-REAL HONOR
-REAL CHAMPIONS

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DamijanD on Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Ferrari will be in trouble in Monaco:
- RedBull with upgraded engine will be IMHO faster than Ferrari
- McLaren thinks it can beat Ferrari in Monaco due to superb chassis (I find that hard to believe but...)

DamijanD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Wed May 25, 2016 1:15 am

DamijanD wrote:Ferrari will be in trouble in Monaco:
- McLaren thinks it can beat Ferrari in Monaco due to superb chassis (I find that hard to believe but...)

Poor Ferrari. Seems everyone claims to be better than Ferrari in this way or the other these days.

So McL's claims once again don't add up. If their engine was as good as they claimed, and their chassis, too, they'd be the second best team in F1. Instead, being 2 secs behind is somehow very encouraging. I don't get these people. Last season, they were criticized for making outlandish claims, and now they do it again?
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KoKiNa on Wed May 25, 2016 1:48 pm

F1 forever wrote:

Poor Ferrari. Seems everyone claims to be better than Ferrari in this way or the other these days.

So McL's claims once again don't add up. If their engine was as good as they claimed, and their chassis, too, they'd be the second best team in F1. Instead, being 2 secs behind is somehow very encouraging. I don't get these people. Last season, they were criticized for making outlandish claims, and now they do it again?

Someday they will be right... Laughing
KoKiNa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Wed May 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Whoops... now it's Rosberg's turn:

When asked if he now understood what had happened in the Monaco press conference on Wednesday, Rosberg replied: "The switch was in the wrong position and it's my job to put it in the right position, pretty simple. Not much more to say with that."

Of course, he denied that earlier, trying to create the impression that it was a technical problem (and quite a few publications actually bought that).
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sat May 28, 2016 9:46 pm

F1 forever wrote:

Really? Like, really?

Fernando Alonso admitted McLaren's predictions ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix were "over optimistic" after he qualified tenth.

F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum