Hungarian Grand Prix

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by RaySinKa on Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 14:06

F1 is dead!

Now they wont go out it the rain for qualifying!

The cyclists in the Tour De France are going faster than F1 cars and when they fall off the track they get hurt!

Watching the TDF guys descending in the rain at 80+kph yesterday and today I'm looking at an empty race track!

There really is no hope!

Gone over to Moto GP!

Where they race in the rain.
Ride flat out.
Overtake using speed and skill.

Bye, Bye.

Ray
RaySinKa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by F1 forever on Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 16:03

Nico again... sums up his season up to this point.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 16:09

Remember when Alonso was good when it mattered?
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 19:36

Thanks Alonso, thanks.....

cat

Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MCL2k10 on Sat 23 Jul 2016 - 22:27

Well, it's been a while (I thought that this forum dissapeared)...
Different engine, different drivers (actually, Fonzi is sort-of back to McL), however same passion and McL fanaticism Very Happy
I hope tomorrows race will be of better luck for my team!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 0:09

I feel that Tomorrow might be the best chance for McL during this year to get any good points in race with both cars, so they need to stay alert!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 0:10

And about Ferrari, I feel strongly that they have gone into Next-Year-mode.

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known

Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 2:31

MCL2k10 wrote:Well, it's been a while (I thought that this forum dissapeared)...

Welcome back! cheers

Despite all the rule nonsense, I think F1 has been pretty entertaining this season! For some reason there's rain at seemingly every race weekend... I don't think I've ever seen that before!
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 2:35

Gary wrote:And about Ferrari, I feel strongly that they have gone into Next-Year-mode.

I don't know about that. Seems they look just like they did at the beginning of the season... always coming up short for some reason or another, even though the car doesn't seem bad at all. But it's like after every Saturday/Sunday, you hear "we could have done this", "could have had that"... and it really looks like they might. They're just unable to put a whole weekend together it seems, it's been like that for 10 races.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 2:41

Rule nonsense... I just burst out laughing when I read this:

BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Six hours and several stewards' statements after the chequered flag flew on the qualifying session for the Hungarian Grand Prix, the FIA has issued the official classification.

By the letter of the law, a quirk in the FIA's Sporting Regulations resulted in the potential for the two Red Bulls, two Force Indias and Valtteri Bottas to be sent towards the back of the grid. The rule in question -- Article 35.1 of the Sporting Regulations -- states that any driver taking part in Q1 who fails to set a time within 107% of the fastest time in that session will not be allowed to take part in the race. A second clause allows for those drivers to start from the back of the grid if they have set a time within 107% of the fastest Q1 time during a practice session.

During Q1 at the Hungarian Grand Prix, 11 drivers failed to set a time within 107% of Nico Rosberg's fastest time, meaning they could have been sent to the back of the grid in the order they set their times in final practice if Article 35.1 had been followed through. However, due to the "exceptional circumstances" of extreme weather and four red flags during Q1, the stewards decided to allow Max Verstappen, Daniel Ricciardo, Nico Hulkenberg, Valtteri Bottas and Sergio Perez to keep their respective grid positions.

However, the bottom six -- Jolyon Palmer, Felipe Massa, Kevin Magnussen, Marcus Ericsson, Pascal Wehrlein and Rio Haryanto -- did have Article 35.1 applied to their times, meaning they start in the order of their FP3 times ... but it just so happens those were in the same order as their Q1 times.

After much to-ing and fro-ing over the regulations, the result was a completely unchanged grid.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/17131629/red-bull-force-india-valtteri-bottas-avoid-107-rule-grid-drop

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried!
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 15:56

Get in there Lewis!!  Well done!!

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaySinKa on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 15:58

Well a dry race with some exciting moments.

But I'm watching this with both;

The farce of yesterday's 'I can't get my car wet' qualifying, in my mind.

And watching the highlights of the Moto GP in Germany, where they made a grid start in the pouring rain, no laps following a 'Safety Bike!' Raced through the rainstorm, pitted and changed bikes to dry tyre shod bikes and raced on a drying circuit.

As I watched it I formed the opinion that F1 is just too safe! The Moto GP riders race in the rain and can race in the rain because they know that a crash will probably hurt, so they race within the limitations of their equipment, but they race and it's exciting.

Whereas, IMO, in F1, a crash will be expensive but unlikely to cause injury, so they race on outside the limitations and then complain about the conditions being unsafe but it is the drivers who are unsafe!

Well that's my thoughts. I'm happy it was dry today or there may have been nothing to watch.

Gone over to Moto GP!

Where they race in the rain.
Ride flat out.
Overtake using speed and skill.

Bye, Bye.

Ray
RaySinKa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarnooo on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 16:12

FIA has been terrible this weekend...

First with the 107% nonsense yesterday. Then Button getting a penalty for fixing a potential dangerous issue (brakes FFS) over the radio and then with Verstappen not getting a penalty for both his double move, causing Raikkonen to lose his front wing and then moving in the braking zone into T1. What's going on up there!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 00521 on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 17:40

Jarnooo wrote:FIA has been terrible this weekend...

First with the 107% nonsense yesterday. Then Button getting a penalty for fixing a potential dangerous issue (brakes FFS) over the radio and then with Verstappen not getting a penalty for both his double move, causing Raikkonen to lose his front wing and then moving in the braking zone into T1. What's going on up there!

Ditto!

Could NOT have said it better.

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 20:45

I don't recall a single time when the 107% was effectively applied since it came back 5-6 years ago. There have always been special circumstances, one of those: "the cars (HRT) are too slow regardless, let them drive."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 23:43

Lewis seemingly on the edge all weekend... that crash on Friday... still did enough (good start this time!) to overtake and keep Rosberg behind despite him having an unbelievably lucky weekend (no penalty going purple in a double-yellow sector, taking pole because everyone else had to abort their (much faster) laps, then Gutierrez holding up Hamilton so much he got a blue flag penalty... those seem pretty rare these days due to the fact that they're flashing right in the drivers' faces).

Good to see him in the lead, but with the upcoming grid penalties for Lewis, realistically speaking, Rosberg still has the upper hand, and Lewis will have to continue to be careful with his engines.

Last edited by F1 forever on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 23:48; edited 1 time in total
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 23:48

Panda wrote:I don't recall a single time when the 107% was effectively applied since it came back 5-6 years ago. There have always been special circumstances, one of those: "the cars (HRT) are too slow regardless, let them drive."

Yeah, so the question is, why did they waste all that time yesterday debating it? Maybe they're getting paid extra for that?
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 23:57

Was a little surprised the Sky commentators kept wondering about Lewis not being able to pull away from Rosberg... aren't they aware that he has to be extremely careful with his engine, being on the last allowed components for at least 2 components of it? He keeps talking about it, but they seemed completely clueless about that anyway.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 23:59

Looks like Lewis snatched away Schumacher's record with now 5 victories in Hungary!
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 0:00

Loved to see Kimi looking like his old (younger) self at this race! Finally he was exciting to watch again. I agree that Verstappen overdid it... but got away with that, too.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 1:47

Alonso...

FP1 - 7th
FP2 - 7th
FP3 - 7th
Q - 7th
Race - 7th

Smile
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 1:56

10 more races to go... cheers
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zag on Mon 25 Jul 2016 - 9:58

F1 forever wrote:Was a little surprised the Sky commentators kept wondering about Lewis not being able to pull away from Rosberg... aren't they aware that he has to be extremely careful with his engine, being on the last allowed components for at least 2 components of it? He keeps talking about it, but they seemed completely clueless about that anyway.

Yes, its unbelievable and like you say clueless. Not just from Sky but also Channel 4 here in the UK
where it was also shown live.
Although it was obvious Lewis could gap Nico whenever he wanted, both sets of commentators kept
wondering what is wrong with LH's car or the guy himself.  Even Coulthard after the race (and Lewis's
interview) couldn't grasp what the reasons were.. hopeless!
Even someone new to F1 could see he was in total control of the race and was just doing as much as
he needed to.

Max did overdo it on a couple of occasions but it was good to see Kimi with his old spirit.

cat
Zag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary on Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 11:23

Kimi was chosen Driver of the Race! Nice! Smile

Gary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by F1 forever on Tue 26 Jul 2016 - 21:07

Villeneuve backs Nico for title

1997 world champion Villeneuve agrees, telling the German newspaper Bild: "The pendulum swings between one and the other.

"I see them as absolutely the same and I believe that, in the end, Nico will be the one in front."

I don't see them as "the same" at all, but right now Nico has everything going in his favor. Red Bull and Ferrari can't challenge Mercedes, and the engine issues are still going to cost Lewis so many points... Nico just needs to hang in there and wait, and he'll take the lead again without needing to fight anyone on track, just like at the beginning of the season.
F1 forever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum