Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Go down

Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Unfortunately for Lewis, he'll start once again from the back of the grid.

I guess the "new Rosberg", the "winning machine" is back. Yay!
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by JPS4ever on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:02 pm

Alonso, 35 place grid penalty. Ba Evil or Very Mad

_________________
avatar
JPS4ever

Messages : 730
Points : 2989
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Localisation : Toronto, Canada (centre of the Universe)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:13 pm

JPS4ever wrote:Alonso, 35 place grid penalty.  Ba Evil or Very Mad

His lead in the Spa grid penalty battle may be shortlived! Sky talked about the possibility of up to a 75 place grid penalty for Hamilton after tomorrow!
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by JPS4ever on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:19 pm

As if driving a McLaren isn't enough of a penalty Razz

_________________
avatar
JPS4ever

Messages : 730
Points : 2989
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Localisation : Toronto, Canada (centre of the Universe)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by Prefect on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:28 am

Isn't it strange that you are allowed to take 2 new engines (outside the season slot) and be able to use both for this and upcoming races? I mean, why not take 9 new engines this weekend since grid penalties are no longer transferred to the next race.

Then you could really turn up the engine modes Smile
avatar
Prefect

Messages : 143
Points : 576
Date d'inscription : 2010-03-15
Localisation : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by Gary on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Yes, this is stupid! Best car on grid and they still resort to cheating (morally, since this is loophole in rules).

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2535
Points : 9614
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Gary wrote:Yes, this is stupid! Best car on grid and they still resort to cheating (morally, since this is loophole in rules).

It's not really a loophole in the rules. The rules have been specifically changed by the FIA to allow exactly this. Otherwise, engine troubles like Lewis encountered would flush an entire season down the drain.

It's pretty safe to say that if it had been Rosberg instead of Lewis with these problems, he could already write off his season goal as he'd be almost 100 PTS behind with 8 races to go.

To call it "cheating" couldn't be further from accurate. It's rather a concession to the complexity of the new engine formula. It has already netted Lewis a start from 22nd, 10th and 22nd again, and who knows what else is still upcoming.


Last edited by F1 forever on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Prefect wrote:I mean, why not take 9 new engines this weekend since grid penalties are no longer transferred to the next race.

Then you could really turn up the engine modes Smile

It's not possible to do that. Not only do you have to install each engine, test it on track to activate it in the engine pool and analyze the results before you can continue with the next engine, but you only have 3 free practice sessions to do these things. What Mercedes did was pretty much the maximum you can reasonably accomplish on one weekend - while ruining yet another race at the same time.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:49 pm

JPS4ever wrote:As if driving a McLaren isn't enough of a penalty Razz

I wonder where they'd be with the current Mercedes engine. For a while, McLaren was such a scary team. And then they announced their massive technology center project, and I thought that's it for F1, McLaren is going to dominate everything. Didn't quite work out that way... was it all Newey, after all?
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Stop the presses! The "new Rosberg" is back! No one can match him! Rolling Eyes
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Can't shake the feeling that Ricciardo is overrated (at least by former me). He seems to perform well sometimes, but kinda meh a lot of the time.

Yet the consensus seems to be that Red Bull has the strongest driver pairing.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:07 pm

Sigh. Rolling Eyes

F1 forever wrote:I guess the "new Rosberg", the "winning machine" is back. Yay!
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Strange strategies for Lewis today. I wonder what the post-race analysis will show, but that looked pretty awful to me.

Also, how stupid is it that drivers are allowed to change tyres during the stopped race? Completely ruined several strategies.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by Gary on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Max did it again, as did Seb! Those two really expect all others to bow deep and move away from them.

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2535
Points : 9614
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Half of Rosberg's victories this season came in the wake of engine problems on Lewis car, with him being unable to compete in Q3 as well as for the race win.

avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Gary wrote:Max did it again, as did Seb! Those two really expect all others to bow deep and move away from them.

Max also scored 0 points starting from the front row, which is kinda cool!
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by Gary on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:26 am

F1 forever wrote:
Gary wrote:Max did it again, as did Seb! Those two really expect all others to bow deep and move away from them.

Max also scored 0 points starting from the front row, which is kinda cool!



He is great driver and will be champion probably at some point, but he does need to learn the limits of tracks.
And no, nothing he did was against the rules, but.

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2535
Points : 9614
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by Jarnooo on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Max reminds me of why I used to hate Vettel with a passion. While that hate is fading, the dislike toward Verstappen is increasing. His on track antics, followed by his off track ignorance is kind of infuriating. Wonder when they'll have the guts to penalise him?

_________________
avatar
Jarnooo

Messages : 2298
Points : 9145
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 27
Localisation : Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:40 am

Jarnooo wrote:Max reminds me of why I used to hate Vettel with a passion. While that hate is fading, the dislike toward Verstappen is increasing. His on track antics, followed by his off track ignorance is kind of infuriating. Wonder when they'll have the guts to penalise him?

I feel the same way! On Vettel though, I actually like him now. I'm not exactly rooting for him, but there's nothing more entertaining than him cursing at everything and everyone! "COME ON!!!" mrgreen

About Verstappen, all kinds of people (drivers, team bosses, TV pundits etc.) have already talked to Whiting about his driving. But so far, he's apparently ok with it. And that's despite even Horner now subtly starting to criticize Max... and he is of course massively partial, which makes it even more significant.

I think Max has read a lot about the all-time greats, like Senna and Schumacher, who showed little respect for the established drivers when they stepped onto the scene. So he's trying to clumsily copy that, but since it doesn't come naturally to him, he basically has no compass, and so instead of just looking fearless and confident, he comes across like a petulant child that constantly oversteps the mark.

There is no question that he has a lot of talent, but I think he has a long way to go to turn that into consistent results. He has the second-best car now, perhaps the best next season, but I wouldn't put my money on him at this stage.
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:55 am

Just read the headline:

Verstappen: Kimi, Vettel should be 'ashamed' of themselves

Rolling Eyes
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:54 am

"Kimi’s criticism was fully justified, and he (Max) needs a psychiatrist if he says it was Kimi’s fault," triple world champion Lauda told RTL.

mdr
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by Jarnooo on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:34 am

F1 forever wrote:
Jarnooo wrote:Max reminds me of why I used to hate Vettel with a passion. While that hate is fading, the dislike toward Verstappen is increasing. His on track antics, followed by his off track ignorance is kind of infuriating. Wonder when they'll have the guts to penalise him?

I feel the same way! On Vettel though, I actually like him now. I'm not exactly rooting for him, but there's nothing more entertaining than him cursing at everything and everyone! "COME ON!!!" mrgreen

About Verstappen, all kinds of people (drivers, team bosses, TV pundits etc.) have already talked to Whiting about his driving. But so far, he's apparently ok with it. And that's despite even Horner now subtly starting to criticize Max... and he is of course massively partial, which makes it even more significant.

I think Max has read a lot about the all-time greats, like Senna and Schumacher, who showed little respect for the established drivers when they stepped onto the scene. So he's trying to clumsily copy that, but since it doesn't come naturally to him, he basically has no compass, and so instead of just looking fearless and confident, he comes across like a petulant child that constantly oversteps the mark.

There is no question that he has a lot of talent, but I think he has a long way to go to turn that into consistent results. He has the second-best car now, perhaps the best next season, but I wouldn't put my money on him at this stage.

Haha, that's exactly what I still don't like about him. His off track stuff has gotten a lot better though, but who knows, 2013 wasn't that long ago...

_________________
avatar
Jarnooo

Messages : 2298
Points : 9145
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 27
Localisation : Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Kimi is cursing a lot these days also, though it seems to be mostly about Verstappen! I love it, Kimi no longer looks like a guy that doesn't care! Bring the heat, Iceman! :bom:
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 is back - FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2016

Post by F1 forever on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Whiting talking to Verstappen...

probably told him to keep doing what he's been doing! Wink
avatar
F1 forever

Messages : 1930
Points : 7795
Date d'inscription : 2010-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum