Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Go down

Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by 00521 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Dear Friends.

Please enjoy the race.



Cordial Best,

00521
avatar
00521

Messages : 1281
Points : 5468
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Age : 98
Localisation : Santa Fe & Hawaii, U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by Gary on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:50 pm

That was relatively interesting race.

Very good drive from Fernando BTW.

And fecking Ferrari pit team!

_________________
4 time Spa Master: Kimi Matias Räikkönen; because he just is that good!

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
avatar
Gary

Messages : 2559
Points : 9718
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by 00521 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Gary wrote:That was relatively interesting race.

Very good drive from Fernando BTW.

And fecking Ferrari pit team!

Gary,

I just feel for Kimi, all that hard work for nothing.

REALLY fortunate no one was hurt as the air gun flew down pit lane.

Someone ruined a REALLY great drive!

Unbelievable.


Cordial Best,

00521

avatar
00521

Messages : 1281
Points : 5468
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Age : 98
Localisation : Santa Fe & Hawaii, U.S.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by JPS4ever on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:59 am

Alonso, driver of the day for sure!

_________________
avatar
JPS4ever

Messages : 730
Points : 2989
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Localisation : Toronto, Canada (centre of the Universe)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by RaySinKa on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:31 am

JPS4ever wrote:

Alonso, driver of the day for sure!


I was beginning to think he needed a refresher course in 'track limits!' Cool

_________________
Bored with F1!!!!!

Gone over to Moto GP!

Where they race in the rain.
Ride flat out.
Overtake using speed and skill.

Bye, Bye.

Ray
avatar
RaySinKa

Messages : 3707
Points : 11102
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Localisation : Cardiff Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by Zag on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Why don't they penalise the driver, and or team who when their car has broken
down doesn't go to the first available safe zone.  Not trundle round causing problems
for all those still in the race!!  They are considered the best drivers in the world and
yet don't know how to park safely!!
Cannot count how many times in races this has made my blood boil!!

Lewis did all he could...  Fernando all the entertainment!!

cat
avatar
Zag

Messages : 3209
Points : 9103
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by Jarnooo on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Loved Fernando throwing the car around today, very fun to watch. However, what's the point of rules? More importantly, what the hell is consistency? Alonso bumped Massa off the track, punctured his tyre, and completed the move off the track. He also passed Sainz by running wide, all four tyres off the track. Magnussen did this too. These would have been slam dunk penalties on another day. You know the rules - or the people enforcing them - are shithouse when you have NO idea how something will be looked at from one event to the next.

_________________
avatar
Jarnooo

Messages : 2298
Points : 9145
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 27
Localisation : Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by RaySinKa on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Zag wrote:

Why don't they penalise the driver, and or team who when their car has broken
down doesn't go to the first available safe zone.
 Not trundle round causing problems
for all those still in the race!!  They are considered the best drivers in the world and
yet don't know how to park safely!!
Cannot count how many times in races this has made my blood boil!!

Lewis did all he could...  Fernando all the entertainment!!

cat


My first thought is that most drivers would try to get back to the pits, just in case one hammer whack fixed the problem. Also the mechanics can check the failure, in case it is relevant to the team's other car.

Making a rule would need careful thought and wording. If there was no safe place immediately available, would the driver be required to keep touring round until they found one?

I feel the use of yellows, or virtual safety car if deemed necessary combined with the wounded car keeping off the racing line usually will suffice.

_________________
Bored with F1!!!!!

Gone over to Moto GP!

Where they race in the rain.
Ride flat out.
Overtake using speed and skill.

Bye, Bye.

Ray
avatar
RaySinKa

Messages : 3707
Points : 11102
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Localisation : Cardiff Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by JPS4ever on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Jarnooo wrote:Loved Fernando throwing the car around today, very fun to watch. However, what's the point of rules? More importantly, what the hell is consistency? Alonso bumped Massa off the track, punctured his tyre, and completed the move off the track. He also passed Sainz by running wide, all four tyres off the track. Magnussen did this too. These would have been slam dunk penalties on another day. You know the rules - or the people enforcing them - are shithouse when you have NO idea how something will be looked at from one event to the next.

1st off, if you look at the replay, Alonzo made a late dive but was along side Massa at the apex. Massa left no room and hit Alonso. Had Massa left room, I believe they would have both made the corner with Alonso ahead.

The pass on Sainz was a little more sketchy but it looked like Alonso completed the pass before he went wide. I believe that's why he was allowed to keep his position.

_________________
avatar
JPS4ever

Messages : 730
Points : 2989
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24
Localisation : Toronto, Canada (centre of the Universe)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by Jarnooo on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:16 pm

I think Massa left room. He even steered right before trying to take the corner.

_________________
avatar
Jarnooo

Messages : 2298
Points : 9145
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-25
Age : 27
Localisation : Melbourne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1- United States Grand Prix 2016

Post by Zag on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:58 pm

RaySinKa wrote:[
I feel the use of yellows, or virtual safety car if deemed necessary combined with the wounded car keeping off the racing line usually will suffice.

Its just not the case though.... last weeks race was compromised by the need to throw a VSC, and altered the result.

How many times have we seen selfish drivers parking in a dangerous position after having passed many safe places.
I can understand the desire to get back to the pits but in many cases it is bloody obvious that short of a miracle nothing
is going to keep the car going. So instead of getting in the way of everyone, disrupting the race, changing race results
and usually getting out of the car like a spoilt child... just park it somewhere safe and .... off!!

cat

avatar
Zag

Messages : 3209
Points : 9103
Date d'inscription : 2009-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum