Which Game Console do you prefer and why?

Page 2 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant

Which Game Console do you prefer and why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Game Console do you prefer and why?

Message par Rus-Evo le Lun Fév 22, 2010 8:36 am

Which 10 would be an interesting list Very Happy
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Which Game Console do you prefer and why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Game Console do you prefer and why?

Message par MONSTAR le Lun Fév 22, 2010 8:54 am

Hmm.......... Laughing
For now ill only say You and Sail and Guesswho. There's a few other certainty's but i wont say Laughing

Message par WebHead le Lun Fév 22, 2010 10:02 am

I'm gate crashing it either way!

Message par MONSTAR le Lun Fév 22, 2010 10:42 am

Yeah you can come too Laughing

Message par arizal_adl le Mar Fév 23, 2010 2:15 am

i am going to be doing a window shopping today for console, will probably visit all the 3..

Monstar, if you were rich.. you would probably get the F1 team race simulator i presume..
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par WebHead le Mar Fév 23, 2010 3:41 am

If you were rich, why simulate when you can just buy an existing F1 team and make yourself number 2 driver! mrgreen

Message par arizal_adl le Mar Fév 23, 2010 4:15 am

WebHead a écrit:If you were rich, why simulate when you can just buy an existing F1 team and make yourself number 2 driver! mrgreen
right.. why didnt i think of that.. but no 2??
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par Schuy1 le Mer Fév 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Rus-Evo a écrit:One console advantage is being able to play on the couch in comfort.

I got my PC connected to my Home Cinema, so I can not only play games but type this on the couch in comfort, surf the net, watch movies / TV / F1 live - the works!! Very Happy

..... until someone wins   EIGHT WDC !!!!
and PLEASE GET WELL SOON SCHUMI  :sad1:
Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par WebHead le Mer Fév 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeh, I like the same setup. But I'd want an additional PC so that I can also do regular work at a desk. Right now I move it around if it's gonna be a long day!

Message par Schuy1 le Mer Fév 24, 2010 3:37 pm

WebHead a écrit:Yeh, I like the same setup. But I'd want an additional PC so that I can also do regular work at a desk. Right now I move it around if it's gonna be a long day!

..... Yep Agreed - got a "normal" desk top PC in the Family Room as well ! mrgreen

Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par Rus-Evo le Mer Fév 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Schuy1 a écrit:
Rus-Evo a écrit:One console advantage is being able to play on the couch in comfort.

I got my PC connected to my Home Cinema, so I can not only play games but type this on the couch in comfort, surf the net, watch movies / TV / F1 live - the works!! Very Happy
Ive been there, a bean bag and couch in front of a 32 incher with PC and home theatre.  Ive just built a media pc which will handle the lounge duties.....and the other at my desk 
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Schuy1 le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 1:24 am

Rus-Evo a écrit:
Schuy1 a écrit:

Ive been there, a bean bag and couch in front of a 32 incher with PC and home theatre.  Ive just built a media pc which will handle the lounge duties.....and the other at my desk 

Good on ya Rus ..... I've had the old Media Centre PC for near 4 years now - when I get serious in the lounge / home theater, I have a 104 inch screen which drops down over the 52 inch TV and I fire up the Epson 720p HD front projector and crank-up the Denon 650 watt RMS amp / sub woofer set-up.

Even though it is not a Full HD 1080 format projector, on HD sources, my son tells me it still looks better than "his" 7 Cinemas (in a Westfield shopping complex) where he works as a Projectionist - I can't wait till mine dies and I can then get a new 1080 Full HD job - not that I'm complaining !!

The F1 looks pretty good too Razz

Dernière édition par Schuy1 le Sam Fév 27, 2010 9:59 am, édité 1 fois

Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par arizal_adl le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 2:54 am

darn you Schuy1.. Smile
it means be awesome playing PS3 using the HD projector
arizal_adl
arizal_adl

Message par WebHead le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 3:01 am

How long does your globe last Schuy?

Message par Rus-Evo le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 3:20 am

Schuy1 a écrit:
Rus-Evo a écrit:
Schuy1 a écrit:

Good on ya Rus ..... I've had the old Media Centre PC for near 4 years now - when I get serious in the lounge / home theater, I have a 104 inch screen which drops down over the 52 inch TV and I fire up the Epson 720p HD front projector with crank-up the Denon 650 watt RMS amp / sub woofer set-up.

Even though it is not a Full HD 1080 format projector, on HD sources, my son tells me it still looks better than "his" 7 Cinemas (in a Westfield shopping complex) where he works as a Projectionist - I can't wait till mine dies and I can then get a new 1080 Full HD job - not that I'm complaining !!

The F1 looks pretty good too Razz
Nice. You need a dark room for that projector?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Schuy1 le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 8:26 am

WebHead a écrit:How long does your globe last Schuy?

I think the globes are rated at about 2,000 to 3,000 hours - I've had my current (2nd) PJ since new now for about 30 months and it's got about 1850 hours use.

A new globe will set me back about $AU400 when it finally snuffs it - a bit of expense but well worth it when one enjoys life-like images of nearly 3 metres wide !! Very Happy

Rus-Evo: Nice. You need a dark room for that projector?

Well, just like in a picture theatre, near darkness is best - The Epson can go up to 1600 Lumens in high brightness mode ( called "Dynamic" mode) - I was watching it the other day in full daylight (morning sun) and I just had the curtains closed it was still pretty good BUT it has a much better picture - better or equal to Cinema quality, in a dark room for sure.

Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par Rus-Evo le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 8:41 am

Thats the main issue with have a projector. If your spending that much doh, you really want more function.

Although a screen in excess of 100 inches is cool. Was it expensive and does it have motion blur?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Schumacat le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 9:14 am

I want to get this when it is released. Then i can watch movies on a screen anywhere i want Very Happy .

Samsung Beam I8520

Message par Rus-Evo le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 9:20 am

That will be cool when the technology is perfected. It needs more lumens as its a bit faint. Gosh I can imagine in the future a media phone that is like a media PC, and which you listen to on surround sound headphones!!!
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Schuy1 le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 9:26 am

Rus, I LOVE it ...... it's the ONLY way you get the REAL cinema feeling in your home. I have no issues with anything and they have come down greatly in price ..... cheaper than a "little" everyday use Plasma or LCD ..... the Epson TW 700 can be bought for under $AU1,800 Exclamation

A LOT of bang for your buck ...... as I said, I use it when I truly want to immerse in an experience - I am a very picky person where it comes to quality / value for money, and I can honestly say IT IS MONEY WELL SPENT Very Happy

One can always wait for technology to get better and better BUT you can be waiting for the rest of your life! Very satisfying and affordable technology is available NOW - there is no need to wait .... I would do it again in a heart beat !!

Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par Rus-Evo le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 11:43 am

You project onto a proper screen?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Schuy1 le Jeu Fév 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Rus-Evo a écrit:You project onto a proper screen?

YEP - a 104' screen that drops down from the ceiling and then covers my everyday use 52 inch TV with the two wall units either side of the TV.

Once the "session" is finished, the screen just folds back on the ceiling out of sight, and the lounge becomes normal looking again!

I'll have to post a picture so you can get a better idea Rus !

Here it is in "normal mode" .....

Which Game Console do you prefer and why? - Page 2 The_1010

and here in "ready to watch mode":

Which Game Console do you prefer and why? - Page 2 The_1011
Which Game Console do you prefer and why? - Page 2 The_1012

- these pics were taken about 4 years ago - I've modified things a bit since. When I lower the screen, I have a black felt cloth the same size as the screen attached to the ceiling - this eliminates much of any ambient light reflecting back, off the white ceiling .... I'll have to post "an action screen pic next" !!! Very Happy Smile

Dernière édition par Schuy1 le Sam Fév 27, 2010 10:19 am, édité 2 fois (Raison : Attached pictures! - Thanks to Schumacat for his help re hosting these pics)

Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par Rus-Evo le Ven Fév 26, 2010 12:49 am

I would like to try gaming on one of those!!
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Message par Schuy1 le Sam Fév 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Rus-Evo a écrit:I would like to try gaming on one of those!!

Rus - I just added some pics of my lounge set up in my previous post ..... will also try to add a real life screen "action" shot next - one or two with the projector working!

Schuy1
Schuy1

Message par Rus-Evo le Sam Fév 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Nice!!! What sound are you pumping out?
Rus-Evo
Rus-Evo

Page 2 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant