F1 Drops Grid Girls Starting In 2018

Go down

F1 Drops Grid Girls Starting In 2018

Post by Mach on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:04 am

Dropping the Grid Girls move is to revamp Liberty Media's vision of a new F1 branding image.

Quote Liberty Media: "Over the last year we have looked at a number of areas which we felt needed updating so as to be more in tune with our vision for this great sport.  While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 Grand Prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms.  We don't believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world."

Dear Minority Interest Group currently running Liberty Media.  Could you please arrange for F1 commercial chief Sean Bratches to change the cars technology in a manner to promote racing and naturally skilled overtaking maneuvers as we've seen "for decades" by teams with mediocre and large budgets.

Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull, with their large budgets, have won more than their fair share of World Constructors and Drivers championships at the expense of the entertainment value the general F1 populace can endure.

Let's face it.....it doesn't really matter what the grid girls are wearing or look like at their respective grid positions prior to the lights going out as the green flag waves.

F1 should matter more than what happens beyond the first turn at every races start.

In "past decades", the driver mattered with the skill to position very high horse powered cars around without turbulent air interrupting clean air as we the fans wait in baited breath wondering who will come out of that apex ahead of the other.  Just ask anyone currently watching who says, "F1 is all about the run down to the first turn....control the races pace....and pit stop strategy."  

We're all changing the telly station after the first turn to PVR movie programs from the night before or Footy match, Cricket, ice hockey or baseball which continues to captivate the audience.

The current F1 is boring...with or without Grid Girls.

We all expect Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes to win the 2018 World Drivers and World Constructors Championships....with or without the Grid Girls.

If I'm not convincing you, then just look at the F1 chat boards which have died off....or lost the number of members....or number of topics these past 10 years.

Grid Girls are not your current problem.  Predictability of the winner year after year is your problem.

No one....and I mean no one expected Leicester City to win the 2015–2016 English Premier League Championship...I mean no one.

Does anyone truly expect Alfa Romeo Sauber to win either the 2018 World Drivers or World Constructors Championships?

Certainly not me or any of the Grid Girls who have graced the track with dignity over the decades.
Mach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: F1 Drops Grid Girls Starting In 2018

Post by 00521 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Mach,

I agree.

Again, another example of supposed 'political correctness' gone awry.

IMHO, Liberty Media's move is less about 'liberty' and more about avoiding future sexual harassment lawsuits.

Its a sad day, indeed.  

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 00521 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:14 am

Just a follow up.

Adult models with experience and grace, arbitrarily group 'slut shamed' and summarily replaced by a religious fundamentalist CEO?

Perhaps we should question the emplacement of unpaid child labor.

Disgusting.

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mach on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:25 am

F1 is starting to look like a school yard. Teenagers without their countries driver's licence to operate a residential automobile have a Super Licence to operate an F1 car....plus we have children holding grid cards for said teenagers to know where to start
Mach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 00521 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Mach wrote:F1 is starting to look like a school yard. Teenagers without their countries driver's licence to operate a residential automobile have a Super Licence to operate an F1 car....plus we have children holding grid cards for said teenagers to know where to start

Absolutely.

Getting Ridiculous.

Soon there will be pit stops for 'Milk and Cookies' time.  

;-)

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JPS4ever on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I could give 2 sh*ts about grid girls and if you ask most women, they will tell you the grid girls were demeaning.  I don't care if they get chimps to hold the signs on the grid, as long as the racing is good.
JPS4ever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 00521 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 pm

JPS4ever wrote:I could give 2 sh*ts about grid girls and if you ask most women, they will tell you the grid girls were demeaning.  I don't care if they get chimps to hold the signs on the grid, as long as the racing is good.

So, we have... “The Lord of the Flies” look.

Cordial Best,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum