Camera Position

Camera Position

Message par Mach le Ven Mai 25, 2018 2:10 am

Who decides where the camera is mounted on the cars? As a viewer, I prefer the very edge of the front wing. I hate seeing the race from behind the drivers head.
Mach

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Camera Position

Message par 00521 le Ven Mai 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Mach a écrit:Who decides where the camera is mounted on the cars?  As a viewer, I prefer the very edge of the front wing. I hate seeing the race from behind the drivers head.

Hi Mach

On any broadcast sport shoot, the Show Director & Director of Photography usually consult with the 'event authorities' and their legal / safety / technical staff as to where a camera can be placed safely and still give interesting, 'vibrant' shots.

If they believe they can get away with an amazing 'point of view' without interfering with / degrading the action or endangering contestants / spectators, and the budget allows, they will do it, if it is technically feasible.

As these are any number of multiple wireless micro-cams broadcasting back to the director / routing in real time, there are a lot of things to consider, such as radio frequency interference with the actual car technology and of course securing lipstick & super-mini cmos cameras, in case of major accident.

During the race 'show', the show director will cut away according to what / who the event organizer in the nation of origin wants to show and what the teams, race stewards, technicians and Charlie Whiting deem permissible.

Between on board and on track, there might easily be as many as 100 mini cams per race, and of course, we see only a fraction of that.

Warmest,

Message par Zag le Sam Mai 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Any view is better than random crowd shots or mechanics watching the telly or friends, girlfriends or family members...
who cares when there is racing going on!! (or even when there is not!!)

cat
Zag

Message par Odji le Sam Mai 26, 2018 3:40 pm

I think that the inboard with drivers head view is interesting because it allows you to see the hands of the driver.
Odji

Message par Gary le Mar Juin 05, 2018 2:21 pm

I like variety on views.

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary