F1 for sale... back to Bernie?

F1 for sale... back to Bernie? Empty F1 for sale... back to Bernie?

Message par 00521 le Mar Jan 29, 2019 4:33 am

F1 for sale... back to Bernie?

Well, at least Bernie would know HOW to run F1.

He could put in a decent succession plan with people who are F1 experienced.

These Texas guys are beyond clueless and ruining the brand, and racing itself.

https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Liberty-Media-could-sell-F1-report,134141.html

Cordial Best,

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

F1 for sale... back to Bernie? Empty Re: F1 for sale... back to Bernie?

Message par Panda le Mar Jan 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Talking about being clueless, and I might be at risk of being crucified for this, but I think the low point came last season when Liberty Media decided to go with the Political Correctness BS and remove the Grid Girls. The slap in the face they received was huge. Other time when they dropped the ball: drivers presentation during 2017 USA GP.

Message par Gary le Mar Jan 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Americanism isn't for whole World.

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary
Gary

Message par 00521 le Ven Fév 01, 2019 4:06 am

Panda a écrit:Talking about being clueless, and I might be at risk of being crucified for this, but I think the low point came last season when Liberty Media decided to go with the Political Correctness BS and remove the Grid Girls. The slap in the face they received was huge. Other time when they dropped the ball: drivers presentation during 2017 USA GP.

Hi Panda!

They are gross incompetents.
Pure and simple.
Frightening.

Cordial Best,

Message par 00521 le Ven Fév 01, 2019 4:11 am

Gary a écrit:Americanism isn't for whole World.

Hi Gary!

Don't blame it purely on Americanism, even though their mediocre, backwater, gross ineptitude clearly BELONGS in the current White House... these rejects are simply and foremost Morons. (Capital M).

I could say something about them beyond this, but it would be so negative. At this point, IMHO, they are not worthy of even my negative attention.

I would rather honor the sport and all the great pilots we have been fortunate to have seen race over the years, hope that F-1 falls into good hands again and prospers, once these simians have been returned to the local circus.

Cordial Best,

Message par 00521 le Ven Fév 01, 2019 6:39 am

The boss of a big group of current F1 race promoters says he is confident their dispute with Liberty Media will be resolved.

Led by Silverstone’s Stuart Pringle, the group of 16 circuits this week warned that they could pull out of the sport if concerns about the Liberty reign are not addressed.

The group, calling itself the Formula One Promoters’ Association and believed to be most concerned about the race fees paid to Liberty, has now met with the F1 owner.

One source said that at the meeting, F1 chief executive Chase Carey seemed "wounded".

"There is every indication the message has been received," Pringle told the BBC.

"We were frustrated that we felt we had no option but to take this sort of action. But actually we have had a very positive day."
https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/F1-tracks-eye-end-to-Liberty-dispute,134219.html

Cordial Best,

Message par 00521 le Ven Fév 08, 2019 12:16 am

Liberty Media "underestimated" the task of running F1.

That is the view of Red Bull’s Christian Horner, who was asked about the latest issues surrounding the current F1 owner in the post-Bernie Ecclestone era.

For instance, negotiations over a new Concorde Agreement have stalled, attempts to get a Miami GP failed, and some high profile F1 race promoters are threatening to quit.

"I think they absolutely underestimated what they were taking on," Horner is quoted by the Guardian.

He said one obvious mistake was the desire to quickly improve the racing spectacle by changing the front wing regulations for 2019.

"They will accept it was a mistake to rush through the front wing change for this year," said Horner.

"Taking a front wing and saying it will make racing better is quite a naive and ultimately expensive approach."

He said Liberty, headed by American Chase Carey, is finding that an American approach to F1 "doesn’t work" in F1.

"Formula one has a different appeal," said Horner. "You can’t just apply a US-sports approach to something that has been established for 60 or 70 years as a global world championship."

And so other efforts to improve the overall ’show’ surrounding F1 will not be enough to dramatically improve the sport, Horner said.

"You can window-dress and promote a movie as much as you like, but if the film doesn’t have the substance or isn’t exciting, people won’t watch it," he said.

https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/en/formula-1/liberty-underestimated-f1-takeover-horner,134366.html

Cordial Best,

Dernière édition par 00521 le Ven Fév 08, 2019 12:20 am, édité 1 fois