2019 Grand Prix of Canada / 2019 Grand Prix du Canada

2019 Grand Prix of Canada / 2019 Grand Prix du Canada Empty 2019 Grand Prix of Canada / 2019 Grand Prix du Canada

Message par 00521 le Dim Juin 09, 2019 5:27 am

The Grand Prix of Canada

Enjoy, Good Friends,

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

2019 Grand Prix of Canada / 2019 Grand Prix du Canada Empty Re: 2019 Grand Prix of Canada / 2019 Grand Prix du Canada

Message par Gary le Dim Juin 09, 2019 9:57 pm

SEBASTIIIAAAAN!  LOL

You do the crime, you get the (penalty) time!

mrgreen

ps. other than Seb being childish, I must say that I wouldn't have given him penalty from that situation myself

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary
Gary

2019 Grand Prix of Canada / 2019 Grand Prix du Canada Empty Re: 2019 Grand Prix of Canada / 2019 Grand Prix du Canada

Message par 00521 le Mar Juin 11, 2019 6:27 am

@Gary a écrit:SEBASTIIIAAAAN!  LOL

You do the crime, you get the (penalty) time!

mrgreen

ps. other than Seb being childish, I must say that I wouldn't have given him penalty from that situation myself

Gary,

IMHO... Initially, it was a tough call, but all 4 off the track in cutting a corner? Even though it was a car control issue, that's a serious No-No.

He should have dropped back a spot and taken Hamilton in the next few laps.  

However, in looking at the OVERHEAD shot, Vettel was steering left for a split moment (counteract understeer?) , then he actually angled his steering slightly quite a bit to the right... not a controlled drift as much as a planned drift to protect his position. Is that so? Only the pilot knows 100%

Also in the next frames, (stop motion) it actually looks as if Hamilton's tire (LF) is deflected towards the right, and VETTEL'S ALSO... meaning there possibly was the slightest momentary coming together.  Under Hamilton's hard braking it's nearly incredible he didn't touch the wall, or mount Vettel's (RR)... which would have been disastrous for the both.

So, what Vettel should have possibly done, is steered left harder, while taking his foot momentarily OFF the gas. Hamilton would have passed him, but danger would have been avoided, as well as the going off track, and the abrupt door closing.

Vettel's snap rejoin reminded me of both Le Clerc's warning from FIA and Magnuson's power slide into the wall, as well as Verstappen unsafe release at Monaco... and they're cracking down on drivers driving into their blindspots.

Furthermore, I feel that the stewards may have looked at the Ferrari rev telemetry and saw full power being applied at the wall... while the Ferrari was supposedly out of control and the thought came, "We almost had a unnecessary, serious, preventable accident."  

That at the track (posthumously) named after Gilles.

In such case, 5 points is very reasonable.

Vettel has to control his anger instinct. Running around to the FIA suite like a brat, he made a childish fool of himself, and the sport look like NASCAR, yesterday.

That should have been resolved AFTER the podium. I seem to remember that there was once a $50K fine given by FIA for skipping the podium in a fit of anger.

Was it Schumi?

Cordial Best,

'

Message par KoKiNa le Mar Juin 11, 2019 10:48 am

I agree totally with you 00521, but for sure Hamilton and any other driver would have done exactly the same.... Of course penalty is correctly applicated in any case, though my penalty should have been to give position to Hamilton and later try to pass him again. This should have been better for Vettel possibilities and for the show...
KoKiNa
KoKiNa

Message par Panda le Mar Juin 11, 2019 3:00 pm

This is what usually happen when you throw conclusions in the heat of the moment. I did feel that penalizing Vettel for that would have been too harsh. LH and Mercedes did what it is expected, rise the complain and let the stewards decide.

The ITV commentators had already drawn their conclusion: a race incident. But the longer the stewards took to reach a decision, the most unlikely was for this to be overruled. Somehow I saw it coming, and Ferrari should have been aware of this, and Mercedes, and everyone who was watching should have known a penalty is coming.

Every time they played the replay they were asking: what should Vettel had done to avoid the incident? Well, what about not going into the grass?

Yes, we lost the opportunity to keep seeing the fight for 1st place between these two drivers, but F1 has no script for the races, just rules… may be too many, but those are the ones approved to play/compete this season. I can only ask for them to be consistent.

In the meantime Ferrari forgot to tell Leclerc about this, why doesn’t this surprise me?

Message par Gary le Mar Juin 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Oh yes, they 'forgot' to tell LeClerk about the penalty, LOL, such blatant favoritism.

ps. the reason I say there should not have been penalty was just the fact that most likely every F1 driver fighting for win would have done same in that situation. Needs change of rules though, so yes, penalty was given, end of story! At least it should be, right Seb?

- Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known
   Fernando Alonso, before 2012

"It felt better than sex!", Lewis Hamilton after his first GP win.
"Maybe he has never tried sex?", Kimi Räikkönen's comment on that.
Gary
Gary